Has anyone found 'Blueberry' from seed?

Yeah, definitely can confirm. It’s also why I try to roll the longest joints the paper allows, that way the first few hits are the coolest and come in with the most refined terps before things really heat up and get tarry.

5 Likes

I quit tobacco long ago, so the only joint option is pure. I tried recently with weed that seemed not very potent. Well, I had to take CBD because a few puffs almost gave me a panic attack. :rofl: I tried with several strains and basically my limit is 1/2 gentle puff. :laughing:

You’d think that after a few years of growing and having access to weed all the time the tolerance would go up, but nope.

10 Likes

Ah, yea we never cut our joints, I don’t know anyone in the US that does! The dispensary and stores may use trim and shake instead of buds, but tobacco doesn’t get mix in unless you do it yourself.

12 Likes

Ah nice, I did not know that. I think it’s very common in Europe. I hate it.

9 Likes

I lived in Europe in the late 1980s. Coming from America I wasn’t used to tobacco being anywhere near my cannabis products. I didn’t care for tobacco being mixed with my hash, but I couldn’t find flower outside of Amsterdam so it was the only way to satisfy the urge to smoke a joint.

I’m glad mixing the two is not the norm in the US, but I’m glad we picked up on the idea of a filter on the end of a J. Europe was the first place I had seen that…

To be relevant to the topic, I’m psyched to grow some Blueberry in 2022! I have AKBB’s Vintage Blueberry and JOTI’s Pure Blueberry (Blueberry Muffin Edition) to hunt through.

16 Likes

That’s the first time I heard of drawing a hit on a unlit joint here, I do it all the time, sometimes I get that black licorice flavor. Others too but since I quit smoking cigarettes 10 years ago I lost my sence of smell. I have to stick my whole face in the jar to smell it.

3 Likes

‘Merica! :joy::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9 Likes

This is what I missed about forums. So glad to be back.

3 Likes

Glad to have you!

1 Like

Man, the filters or crutches ruin J’s for me. You can always taste the cardboard or w.e you use the joint starts heating up and burning down and I think they make the pulls too long and hot so it over burns the weed and raises the joint temp which makes it taste unpleasant. It takes a little extra effort but rolling a J with no filter with a proper end to it is clean on the lips and allows fewer particles to pass into your mouth but also doesn’t make your weed taste like acrid burnt cardboard.

7 Likes

Canuhduh! :rofl::rofl:

18 Likes

https://oldschoolba.com/?s=blueberry&post_type=product&dgwt_wcas=1

2 Likes

I’m looking to get some of those in the not to distant future, but I do have the blue god/blue crush. I’m currently growing three blueberry crosses that was part of a sebring store drop a while back, “Blue Note x Mendo breath”. They’re fems seeds of a DJ blueberry pheno crossed to Mendo breath, hoping to find some berry goodness with a Mendo kick, or a berry coffee flavor :laughing:

7 Likes

Yes I’ve been collecting as many Blueberry strains as I can find…Been pretty disappointed in the current Blueberry and TBH haven’t found anything worth a damn since the mid 90’s!!

But I’m cautiously optimistic that I’ll find a keeper or two from what I’ve collected….fingers crossed!

Alaskagrown

15 Likes

Half a gentle puff is.the perfect amt for me to
One puff of a puff puff pass is more than enough ha ha!

I like my home grown because I know where it’s going to take me lol

6 Likes

I’m super excited to see how that turns out! I stocked up when we did that JOTI group buy. I picked up that one, as well as his Blueberry crosses with NYCD (Blues City Diesel - Platinum Sour edition), Blue Trainwreck, and that Blue Hawaiian Sativa. Too many seeds, not enough time! I’ll get to them all eventually…

6 Likes

I actually have 3 different “Blueberry” projects scheduled for 2022…

Blueberry phenohunt project

Mt Hood Huckleberry/Oregon Huckleberry project

@ShiskaberrySavior Shishkaberry seed increase project

The outcome of these projects will of course be available here on OG! :wink:

Blueberry for me is one of three Holy Grail strain’s, and a life long journey!!

Stay tuned…

Alaskagrown

29 Likes

I agree blueberry isn’t like it used to be . You might find something in professor P huckleberry he was breeding . I’ve got a few vanilluna old dj seeds still I think @Alaskagrown if you want those?
Trying to think when gotta be at least 12 years ago .

11 Likes

Has anyone checked out the pre 2013 blueberry from Alter ego on strainly?

3 Likes

What are your other two holy grails? :thinking:

2 Likes