Hash Plant Grow Log

There are some sativa or atleast sativaish hash plants like the Azad Kashmir

Im growing Sensi Seeds Hash Plant. I guess a bit of a rarity amongst the seeds.

9 Likes

Update! It is a bit messy, but this sativa pheno is growing everywhere with massive columns of bud. There is some nice trichome production as well. Flowering started on my birthday, March 5th. The smell has a nice hashy aroma with after-tone of sage. I think there is at least a month and a half left of flowering…very slow…

6 Likes

Every week I try to post photos for this log. They are looking pretty good, but the Hash Plant will take a while to finish flowering…

8 Likes

No way are they the original Hashplant (Hashplant x NL#1). Sensi is done.

2 Likes

Definitely from the seed pack, so it must be some kind of rare phenotype. They are coming out pretty good though, but would have liked shorter flowering Indica…

With DWC, this plant is drinking 8L of water a day. Probably easily another month to go.

I will try to grow out the other seeds and see the result. Hopefully no mixup.

1 Like

These are Hashplants, not those haze leaners Sensi calls HP.

4 Likes

Yea, just my luck, but it isnt bad. I was looking for a solid Indica Hash Plant. What breeder and does it smell like Moroccan hash for example?

1 Like

It’s form bodhi and it has the old school Hashplant smells, from hash/spic to burning fuel/rubber and dog shit. The one I’m running is called Old School Hashplant (PNW Hashplant x (88G13x (PNW Hashplant x Northern Lights #1)

4 Likes

Interesting, I am probably not a fan of the dog shit, but I love the Moroccan like hash odour. I guess like the Sensi Seed’s Hash Plant, it is all about the phenos.

2 Likes

I’ll say this about Sensi stock…when i first ordered it was cash in the mail like the old days. Then a mix up I got fem seeds (hermies) and NOT in the original breeder pack soooo we got that straightened out and they sent the right seeds in the breeder pack with tape closing it??? Wtf WAIT…they more than made up for it in freebe’s. I have more faith in the freebies than the breeder packs that are open! The plants I do have are as described thou…sooooo I got some decent plants in the end! Solid building blocks…NL Skunk Afgan #1 and some rising stars…never know whats behind the curtain! fk i love when I’m all dramatic like that…like buddy who blew up his tent after he “accidentally” reversed his exhaust fan…fk i think he was high!

Hash Plant is an Indica dominant hybrid strain of cannabis. … It is rumored to be a cross between Northern Lights #1 with the original Hash Plant strain. Hash Plant was a renowned building block of many Sensi Seeds strains over the years, although it was rare to find outside of the Cannabis Castle breeding program.

Im looking for a nice male or some silver and do some fem crosses…would make nice babies either way!

Expressions like these crop up in broadleaf lines all the time. The wild Afghani plants are often tall lime green 12 weekers. The short ones are often more domesticated. It’s not as common since the shorter ones are bred for, but the genes are in there.

Not sure why it’s not possible for fluffier expressions. Most hashplants in most areas are closer to what people would call “sativa” though that word doesn’t mean much.

Neat plant, looking forward to seeing it finish.

Thank you, I am looking forward to finishing this plant up too. I will have more bud then I know what to do with. (I used to smoke way more then I do now.) I did have a previous phenotype that was more Indica for sure and it had more on the side of an anise-hash aroma. I will continue growing the seeds out and see what I can get, selecting the most hashy plant I can get for a breeding project of mine. I want to name it “Moon Glow”. Here are some more pictures, but it looks the same other then some orange hairs that you can really see. I would say easily another month… looking forward to the weigh-in.

8 Likes

Still growing and flowering since March 5th…Some buds are very tall. I decided to flush it with no nutrients added to the lake water, but it still is 180ppm. Should be good enough after a few weeks of it. Here is some Shell Ginger as well. It contains kavalactones (Dihydro-5,6-dehydrokavain (DDK) ) like in Kava, so I will be experimenting with it. It smells like ginger and oranges, so it is pretty good!

4 Likes

Niceness!!! Love seeing those satty buds!!!

1 Like

I will definitely take some pictures in a few weeks of the harvest. I think that should be enough time to flush everything moderately. The buds are pretty crystalline too!

Have you ever made hash this way (what i may do with the less mature buds at harvest):

Grind the fresh bud with added Sodium Hydroxide and water. The NaOH in stoichiometric amount in 100% excess from assumed THCA content of fresh bud. After, filter to collect the liquid with the dissolved Sodium THCA (the sodium from sodium hydroxide gets attached to the carboxylic acid group of the THCA and it is water soluble). Make a brine by adding salt then add stoichiometric amount of acetic acid from the amount of NaOH added, that you also make a brine with, to neutralize the base. When you add the acetic acid brine to the brine of the sodium THCA, you will notice a sand of precipitate of pure THCA that you can filter. It is almost pure material. You can wash it with a bit of water to remove the excess salt.

I am surprised they dont use this method in the industry, all you need to do is grind the fresh bud add the specific compounds with some filtering…very simple. I came up with it because I know chemistry and it works!

2 Likes

if you are state side message me I’ve got a 88g13hp I can take cuts from haven’t flowered it yet but it smells of classic mentholated citrus

2 Likes

Thank you, I appreciate it! I am from Kawartha Lakes, Ontario, Canada though…it would be nice to grow that/something new after this grow. Let me know if you have any seeds in the future.

1 Like

That may be in the cards down the road I will be running through a bunch of different bodhi hashplants and some others the next go if your still on the hunt come fall or winter maybe by then the postal service is back up to speed maybe I can send you some cuts north

2 Likes

Ok, thanks, just let me know! Just need one or two. I have a Purple #1 up next and an outdoor Dinafem Cheese. (I have to maintain that legal four plant number)

1 Like