Have you seen this happen before? (K.O. Black Tuna)

Hello

I was curing this K.O by Black Tuna and noticed some tripe of bubble crystallization on several buds after a week of curing. A friend of mine told me it was called guttation.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

That doesn’t look like any guttation I’ve ever seen. It is usually dark in color and appears mostly on leaves and stems. I’d like to see that under a scope.

2 Likes

The guttation I’ve seen before is usually amber colored but it’s hard to say from the pic if that’s what it is. Mine has also normally in a sphere shape like a globe. How was the humidity/moisture in the buds when you started curing?

3 Likes

I freeze dried them right after harvest

1 Like

Grown outdoor?

1 Like

I’ve never had the chance to freeze dry mine so I don’t know if that’s possibly a result of the fast freeze or not. Hopefully someone with experience using them can chime in.

2 Likes

This can’t be guttation in my honest opinion. Guttation only occurs from osmotic pressure. Once a stem is severed the pressure is released, whether stomata are closed or not. I’d be cautious and send in a sample for testing, or look under a scope for fungal patterns or insect secretions.

2 Likes

Could have been on there before it was chopped and then expanded out like freeze dried candy? I have no clue, just spit balling

2 Likes

Could be I suppose, though usually a reddish color. Interesting if that is the case. Looks like my dog slobbered on it :laughing:

2 Likes

Yea, I’m just thinking of freeze dried candies and that kind of looks like what they do.

1 Like

It’s definitely a possibility. But one can never know unless they look closer (or get an expert to). I’d treat it as toxic until then.

3 Likes

Always better to stay on the side of caution even when it hurts, some things in life don’t give us mulligan.

3 Likes

That’s what I thought

1 Like

I’ve never seen guttation like that but I do have some pics of my own plants showing it

3 Likes

If it were me I’d be getting that under a microscope. Let’s be honest I would taste it first lmfao. The guttation I showed I the pictures above was very sweet and weedy like a weed maple syrup and full of terps and sweeteness. What you showed looks like a piece of sugar that fell off a frosted flake lol

1 Like

Little update of something similar in another plant