Sap on plant a weeek from harvest

Just noticed this sap glob on a big fan leaf. I’m about a week from chop. Problem? Why did it happen to begin?

10 Likes

Give it a taste.

7 Likes

I wouldn’t worry. It’s just a little bud snot :slight_smile:

The bud looks great!

1 Like

High brix I would think

7 Likes

I’ve seen this before. It’s basically from too much water in the soil that the plant takes up but can’t use. The plant exudes the extra moisture.

This below is the word i couldn’t remember. ¥

4 Likes

It’s guttation :wink: the drop is mostly sugar and potassium…

13 Likes

So completely ok to have? Keep on growing?

2 Likes

Post relocated

10 Likes

Cool. Good info @Mithridate i had not heard of this before :+1:

2 Likes

might want to harvest now or better yet cut that part out cause id be worried about mold or some sht

It’s not conducive to mold ,guttation ph is not condusive.Why would the plant fail itself.smh

4 Likes

yep just a sugar water excretion, high brix content. You can’t even smoke it. It comes out like caramel if you try.

9 Likes

Thc laffy taffy

1 Like

What a remarkable plant!!

Edit: That we’re lucky to be around let alone grow.

2 Likes

If I had some outside they would be oozing like that tonight here.

2 Likes

Grab a dabber and take a rip if it’s resin based vs water! That’s a rare trait as a breeding aspect I’d be chasing. Thats what pinkmans goo was famous for

1 Like

web search and cut and past for relationship between guttation drops and bacterial diseases

Guttation is the process of liquid exudation from hydathodes situated on the tip, along the margins and adaxial and abaxial surfaces of leaves. Hydathodes, also known as water stomata or water pores, unlike stomata, are always open representing the path of least resistance to the liquid outflow from them. Guttation fluids contain a variety of living and non-living ingredients. The living materials include algae, fungi, bacteria, viroids and viruses. The non-living organic constituents include toxins, mycotoxins, alkaloids, proteins, enzymes, sugars, amino acids, volatiles, hormones, vitamins, etc., and the inorganic components include Na, K, Ca, Mg, Mn, B, Co, Zn, Se, Ni, Fl, Si, As, Al, Cl, NH 4 , NO 3 , PO 4 , SO 4 , CO 3 , HCO 3 , etc1

Recent information suggests that guttation fluid contains small anti-pathogenic peptides (APPs) that serve to restrict or inhibit microbial proliferation 1. However, guttation fluid can also be a gateway for diseases on plants as bacteria can enter a plant through guttation 2. A study revealed that in greenhouse-grown tomatoes guttation helped spread bacterial canker responsible for tomato wilt. When plants were handled while guttation was present they fell sick and the disease spread 2.

I hope this helps.

3 Likes

Good old guttation. My AOG strictly bud pheno puts them out EVERYTIME religiously

2 Likes