HeadyBear's Den: Season II (Laissez les bons temps rouler!)

If you look they use FPJ and FFJ on that schedule. :+1:
They call it hemp and pumpkin/peach ferments.

2 Likes

Got it! Much obliged

This BD X AH plant is a male, but I have to take a cut because he looks like a real satty daddy!

19 Likes

I do a foliar with KNF up to twice a week. In veg I alternate FAA and WCP in the maintenance formula. In Early flower I like to foliar with a crossover FFJ in my maintenance formula such as un-ripe blueberries and WCA in the maintenance formula.
Once they are over stretch I foliar with a bloom maintenance formula, alternating between WCA and WCP.

I prefer to drench with JLF and I do once a week thru mid flower. I then stop the foliar and drench the harvest KNF formulas the last 2-3 weeks.

@ReikoX , the build a soil feed schedule does not include FFJ or FPJ. Those are FPE’s.
If you are drenching with FPJ or FFJ I highly recommend using with OHN and a LV. If you are only using FFJ or FPJ you could throw things out of balance.

4 Likes

Hey @MAHAKALA were is your thread with your goods on it? Thanks @HeadyBearAdventures you have peaked my interest.

2 Likes

Here ya go noob

3 Likes

Thanks for the tips. With the small amounts I’m using, and the low frequency, I’m not too worried about throwing anything off balance. Remember, I test the soil every run to keep everything balanced. :wink:

4 Likes

10/4… yeah bud, your doing just fine by the looks of it as always :slight_smile:
The more we know the better off we are :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Final transplants to 5 gallon containers were done today.
The two BDxAH ladies went back into the big tent, the male, and the male Ag Haze x Sow have been culled.
Big Poppa Oaxaca is very unhappy, but I’m just letting him do his thing. He’s never been happy. He’s grumpy. Stay the course.
Everybody else got fed with a blended cocktail of JLF: arugula, cannabis, and food waste at a rate of 2 oz./gal.
Also, I fucked up. I made sure to water the Oaxacan first, with plain water.
I then added my nutes to the remainder of the water. As I was finishing up and moving plants back in place, I realized a couple of the Oaxacan were a little light still… so I watered them up to weight with nutrient solution.
Cho says a mature JLF won’t even burn seedlings…I guess we’re about to find out.
Solo shots eventually. It’s snug in there as we begin week 2 of flower (and day 1 of flower for the last two BDxAH).

And the Sun Ra testers:

Just doing seedling things.

Until next time! :bear::+1:

15 Likes

I just posted a Oaxaca plant by plant update over in the Central American Landrace thread if anybody is curious.

6 Likes

Woooweee!
Hand watering these ladies is becoming a time consuming task.
Got up at 5:30 this morning (about an hour earlier than normal), because all the plants in 5 gallons get 3 minutes of water from my sprayer. That’s 8 plants x 3 minutes, plus an initial surface wetting to prevent pooling. Then the Oaxacan get a minute and a half to 2 minutes each, and the 8 seedlings need a splash every morning.
Accounting for a sprayer refill, and transition time between plants, an hour is just enough time.
Blumats may be in my future.

10 Likes

That sounds just Awesome! Great score. The Seed Source? They have 3 packs left.

But @boatbum325 has a good idea to try to order direct from him.

4 Likes

I changed my order actually! I still grabbed the Acid Beauty, but I wanted to play with something other than the Vietnam dad, so I picked Tropical Boogie instead (Kona Gold x Haze)!

5 Likes

Are you ordering direct from Maha ?

4 Likes

Yes indeed. He was awesome and sent me like 3 messages about his offerings when I reached out. Super detailed, and communicative.
He’s said that he prefers people to buy via seedbank when possible, as I think good sales motivate future buys from them, so I don’t recommend blowing him up unless you ask him first.
I’ve been in touch with him privately since prior to his gear being available at banks, and also before he was active on OG, and i got his contact, with permission, from somebody else, which is why I felt comfortable doing that.

5 Likes

I like these. I fill it up 3/4 of the way and let the soil soak it in. When it empties, I like to give it one day of drying out and then fill it 3/4 of the way again. I only add clean ph-balanced water into the liner, and supplement any amendments on the top of the soil. For me, these work wonders and save a lot of watering time. The very first time I fill it, if the media absorbs it all within a few hours, I refill it to make sure the media is initially well moistened.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Vigoro-12-in-Medium-Duty-Deep-Liner-Plastic-Saucer-VG-DL12/321996020

5 Likes

I will take this under consideration!
Seems efficient

4 Likes

Yessir, bottom watering fabric pots has been a game changer for me when I’m in anything smaller than 15G, it has made hand watering manageable for me. Right now I’ve got four plants flowering in 2G tall fabric pots from 247Garden, if I just hand watered them it would probably be twice a day or more, but I just splash a little on the top to keep the soil moist up there and then dump a pint into the saucer, usually they take that all up within a few minutes, I refill and walk away until the next day. Ten minutes for seven plants at the moment, I think. I should be better about only putting pure water in the saucers but I do put non-organic stuff in that water like Jacks or fulvic/zymes along with Microbe-Lift BTI occasionally.

8 Likes

That is great! There us nothing wrong with a little fertigation. This is basically how octopots work… just without a $30 investment in a reservoir :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Same! I grow in Octopots, but my moms live in 1 gallon fabric pots. I keep two pots per drip tray/saucer (10" diameter, 1" tall, sturdy). The plants get a little spill of liquid over the soil, then I fill the tray with the rest of the water/nute mixture, to be soaked up.

5 Likes