Heat Wave Insanity

And it’s not just this.

It’s drivers driving like assholes (more than usual.)

It’s pedestrians yelling at each other.

My everyone is crabby today but it’s 40C with the humidex.

I need a cold shower. My feet are so sweaty I can’t even put socks on. And I smell. Yes, smell.

18 Likes

Whoa, 104F, that’s really hot. I’ve not been enjoying the heat, but it’s not nearly that hot.

I live in a rural place though, so we don’t really have the same pressures as in an urban or suburban setting. That’s one thing I don’t miss about living in the city (or worse, the suburbs).

6 Likes

Not really in my area in 2017 I believe it was 113 and the same year Cali almost broke it’s record of heat by like one degree in the Death Valley area. I’m enjoying this weather lol

1 Like

Haha, this reminds me of the long debated question, what does Ice Cream and murder have in common?

5 Likes

Is that dry heat, though? IME dry heat feels better than humid heat. Though 113 is still really hot.

5 Likes

We hit 116 either last week or the week before, in Oklahoma

And I still won’t use my air conditioner on the road!

9 Likes

heat kills plants, and makes predator animals desperate. This has been an issue in deed.

4 Likes

Dry heat as in 20% or less humidity then yeah

2 Likes

We hit 80 in this years heatwave for nearly a week lol unbearable haha now back to happy 70-75 , gotta love that jet stream : )

7 Likes

Its pissing me off cause here the heat brings the humidity. Flowers are currently in 85-87F and RH climbing to the 70s after watering, and having an issue keeping it to 60% or lower otherwise!! ARGH. 2 x 6" fans exhausting, and a dehumidifier (great, it lowers RH but adds heat!). I should chop this week though… So thats a good thing…

1 Like

It keeps getting hotter every year! I wonder why.

3 Likes

As long as you got airflow, it ain’t a thing. You actually want slightly higher humidity with a higher temp. I always say, checkout humid US states or Mexico or islands like Jamaica for comparison. VPD is more important than anything. That’s a tool that’s more exact, because it can be replicated in any situation, which is what you aim for when conducting experiments.

temp and humidity alone don’t tell the whole story.

Oh I follow a VPD chart pretty intensely. The higher temps help with the higher humidity, not that I want higher humidity! I wanna be at 50-55% (in flower) at 87F, and struggling at 60-62% and in the home stretch with some HEAVY dense blueberry buds that I dont want to rot. Normally I’d be in the 70’sF and 40% RH range any other season, but summer here is no fun inside (they were supposed to be outside, but planning to move doesn’t leave me here when they would finish, so they were moved back inside to force the timing).

Inside would be lights off right now otherwise!

1 Like

As long as you got airflow you’re going to be fine and I wouldn’t worry, again, outdoors in those places I mentioned are easy 90F+ and 70% humidity and finish just fine, the real problem is if they get rained on for rot, however, you’re inside so there’s no chance of that.

Yeah the house is trying it’s best to keep cool but the high humidity makes it hard for the ac to actually do it’s thing. Quigley and Bubbles have yet to complain about the heat being genetically from Oz; and Celia is from Texas so she doesn’t know any better and loves sitting in the sun :rofl:

4 Likes

Oh no it’s was super humid. I agree dry heat is more tolerable.

Yeah the car read 36.

Texas has the opposite of what we call snowbirds. They go to Colorado for the summer (well not all of them)

1 Like

Looking at 30-31c from Wednesday onwards where we are. Not quite the 40.3c of last month. But still massively unpleasant :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Yeah they say 30 here @anon58740919 but the media over here always egzagarate if yous are 30 we probably 26 - 28 if we’re lucky haha

1 Like

I lived in the high desert next to Death Valley where it would get 126° F in summer :sweat_smile: and the #1 problem there was that people cheaped out and instead of buying real air conditioners for their houses purchased cheaper swamp coolers which only add moisture to the air instead of acting as a heat pump. Dumb. If it was ever moist out there you would still need an air conditioner to remove humidity and cool the air, not a swamp cooler adding moisture to the humid air.