Help! Brothers Grimm c99 f1's

Name it whatever you want; you don’t owe nobody squat.

As long as the lineage is accurate, it’s your beans.

“Blank Name” (SSSDH F5)

5 Likes

In my notes its s^3d… in honor of my dad I should call it docs^3d.

6 Likes

The JTR is going to a good home for a seed run.

Waiting on an address for the c99.

Third dimension needs a home from someone who can take on a challenge of almost 9 year old beans. This is prime tga subcool genetics. Since he passed, let’s not lose his work. Home found

10 Likes

Love a good barn find.

Good luck boys and girls!!!

1 Like

Is that what its referred to as? I just finally found some like minded folk that can help preserve these genes rather than let them sit and wither away. They have all been in a jar in a box in my closet for the last decade

4 Likes

I certainly hope that you find someone and some dirt for all of your projects, as you stated, they definitely need to be brought to life for saving the genetics. But you are for sure going down the right path here at OG

7 Likes

Hope to see somebody get these going , c99 was definitely unique in it’s original form .

1 Like

If there’s someone stateside that has did a co OP seed run here. I have these there is five left…a open pollination for an increase would rock…I just want a bit back for later.

:v:t5:

9 Likes

So far I have @Baudelaire c99 mix, mr souls f2 of an original pack of his c99, a lead to c88, and Mel franks selfed jack herer. When the time comes those would make a awesome addition

5 Likes

I doubt you’re going to have much luck popping 10-year old beans that haven’t been stored cold or frozen. Those that manage to pop will tend to stall. Enzyomatic density in the germ plasm is just too low to support vigorous germination. Try a soak in aloe water, and sow in warm (85F/30C) potting soil (not paper towels).

That said, plenty of original C99 available at Fleur du Mal, either through Cannapot.com or directly from FDMSeeds.com. @Worcestershire_Farms is correct, filial (F) classification is rather beside the point with Cindy, she’s a backcross project so better nomenclature would be IBL, especially if you are talking about a general open pollination of brothers and sisters. We currently list our C99 gen as F3, but the 2020 lot release will be labeled IBL. Still one of the few Dutch-returned indy/sat hybrids to be taken to IBL status. peace -b420

18 Likes

Awesome info on this thread!!! Thanks to all!

1 Like

Sorry for the long delay but I shipped them all today! Got held up by the peuc and pua bills not being signed on time.

1 Like

Any update? Did anyone get any sprouts?

Don’t forget to use gibberelic acid…

So nobody popped these beans? People just took your seeds and never popped them? Didn’t even grease you a little bit here after receiving them?
Thats a great look.
:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Well, reports on the jtr via pm was nothing happening. Haven’t heard anything on the c99 other than some were started , but didn’t get an update on whether they sprouted.

1 Like

Oh I’m following the shit outta this.

I think we’re going to have some fuckin nuclear strains in the future if even a fraction of those are successful in the hands of a breeder. I seriously hope a breeder gets a few beans that yield, that’s going to be a dynamite new branch of genetic excellence. :pleading_face:

1 Like

Dang I remember being too slow to grab the C99, was really hoping those would be grown out

1 Like

Where you at @Lucky, what you got in mind if you were to get some G-c99?