Help! Brothers Grimm c99 f1's

I was just going to use them to make more pure C99 and hopefully find a keeper F1 female to breed with

3 Likes

Where you at here or there?
I have 6 c99 of the Grimm Boyz.
They were in the original card when I got them.
You runim for the club they’re at your pleasure.
But you will run them as soon as they touch your hands and of course keep a grow with them on here.

6 Likes

From the original release or the newer brothers grimm?
I might be able to… but I sure have a lot going on already

2 Likes

That’s cool, they’re in the freezer not going no wheres

2 Likes

I have an empty seed tent at the moment. Was gonna do a PU f6 run but i lost the daddy so thats on the backburner once again. Just throwing that out there. Definitely a worthy seed run those c99 are.

7 Likes

@Worcestershire_Farms , you do realize that if you take a pack from a cubing such as C99, or any BX project, and take those and hit a brother to a sister, you have just done a fillial breeding. If you take a pack of C99 throw them in a room and let nature take its course, bam, you now have F1’s.
Fillial breedings are a very common tool used after one has gone BX for so many generations.

3 Likes

Practically speaking yeah, that’s exactly how the cannabis industry works. That’s why I usually say filial generations mean less than nothing.

Technically an F1 should be the progeny of two unrelated P1s. If the parents aren’t true breeding for any traits, you’re just polyhybridizing. It would not be accurate, or useful or to anyone, to call it an F1

5 Likes

@Worcestershire_Farms , I agree with just about everything you said. In this case though, we are talking about crossing progeny from a true breeding BX3, assuming the stock he is working with is indeed Brothers Grimm stock and not some closet breeders poor attempt at replicating a legend.
The resulting progeny will not be a polyhybrid.
If we don’t refer to it as an F1, what do you believe to be the correct nomenclature?

Doc

2 Likes

Oh yeah, my bad, forgot that part.

I’m terrible at proper nomenclature. I would probably just say IBL for short, and whenever people ask, I would explain out the whole long story lol.

1 Like

Backcrossing won’t make a strain true breeding if the mother plant isn’t already true breeding. The recurrent parent remains continually heterozygous, so it can never converge a population to be more homozygous than itself through repeated backcrosses.

3 Likes

@lefthandseeds , Yes, I understand that. I was simply pointing out the fact that we are talking about a true breeding strain that is a BX3.