Help diagnose, in veg

I recently transplanted my three clones to larger pots and fox farms ocean forest. Originally they were in a not so great situation of being in mulch for three weeks. They seem to be growing well under CFLs but I’m noticing yellowing towards the tip and edges.

I know Ocean Forest runs hot but I didn’t think they’d get hit so hard, and this may be from transplant. But any ideas would be appreciated!

4 Likes

I cut mine with coco to dilute it till I feel like it can handle it. I’ve lost some plants to straight fox farm.
Just let her ride. She might hang in there.

2 Likes

Does that look like what is going on with the leaves?

1 Like

Possibly excessive nitrogen. Your ph and everything good? You add anything else?

1 Like

If your ph is to high or to low it won’t receive the proper nutrients.

2 Likes

ph has been good with the water, 5.8/5.9, but I haven’t checked runoff. I planned to hold off on nutrients for three weeks. My goal was to avoid nutrient burn but it may be the excess nitrogen. They growing quick so I’m hoping it balanced but these issues can escalate quickly.

3 Likes

5 Likes

FFOF is not too hot for plants that size… your pH is too low.
Bump up into the mid 6range as the chart posted above shows.

9 Likes

Hope of some help. I have never grown in soil. Coco only.

3 Likes

How long ago did you transplant? If you were in a seed starter mix before, the plants probably just trying to adjust to the soil and crossing mediums. However, unless you are using chemical nutes, messing with the ph in soil is a recipe for disaster. Soil is a natural buffer. I have super acidic tap water and I still never have ph problems in my soil. I would probably give them a half dose of fish fert or a dose of kelp to help them along while adjusting to the transplant. Then leave them be for a bit and see if they adjust. They will probably adapt.

4 Likes

It was a week ago. They were in a mulch and didn’t get any feed, so now they are adjusting to soil. I’m thinking of waiting and seeing if they get better on their own. The growth has been great so I’m not overly concerned. It could be overwatering as well, so I’m going to give a few extra days than add some fish emulsion to see if that helps. I usually don’t have issues with ph issues because I always grow soil.

3 Likes

Unlike the others, I actually feel like they need a little kick start like a simple fish emulsion, but leaving them alone should work too

2 Likes

You forgot to mention the bottle of LIFTA! Lol

2 Likes

If it was a mulch I’d guess it could be Calcium def but I hate telling others potential problems WO knowing what was in the original mix for certainty… ph is not much of a concern IMO if in soil but so many issues arise when peeps try and correct when not for sure

If all else fails a good EWC tea does wonders !

2 Likes

This is what they were in before:

They were started in a rockwool. I’m going to be patient and see if they get better on their own. After another week, I’ll add some fish emulsion if it looks like they need the boost. I am trying to avoid the slippery slope of trying too much and making it worse when it was better to be hands off.

Could be Magnesium deficiency … :sunglasses:

I