Help finding lawyer letter posted here

There was a letter posted on the site from a member that received a letter from their lawyer. This letter was to dispute a Notice of Seizer. It was all technical about the farming act of 2018.

I thought I bookmarked it but I must not have. I tried search the farming act and notice of Seizure with out luck.

Does anybody know how to find it?

:green_heart: :seedling:

3 Likes

Not sure if this is what your looking for maybe…

Or

My search on OG was “attorney postal”, I hope that helps. Merry Christmas.

No, but is helps…

1 Like

https://overgrow.com/t/my-worst-fears-came-true/90022 @G-paS

This was a actually letter they received from the lawyer and used it to claim the item.

Thanks for the help so far.

I have this letter posted on my IG… is this similar to the letter you are looking for?
https://www.instagram.com/p/CcJLouhvkWo/?igshid=Yzg5MTU1MDY=

3 Likes

Note that although hemp is legal to send within the USA, any cross-border (international) trafficking still falls under separate international restrictions and is not allowed without a CITES permit.

6 Likes

Got it thank you! That was close. But, I could understand this one and they other was very, very technical.

5 Likes

The important part of the letter is the determination that seeds containing less than .3% THC by weight is not a Schedule 1 drug pursuant to the Controlled Substances Act as they had been under law before the 2018 Federal Farm Bill. The legality of cannabis seed that grows into “marijuana” depends on your right to germinate and cultivate. All licensed growers have always been legally authorized to obtain seed for the authorized purpose for which they were licensed. So even though cannabis seed can be sent in the mail anywhere, the legality of using it is dependent on local and state law. In Michigan every citizen 21 years and older has a statutory right to cultivate 12 plants at their residence at any one time and away from the view of places like roads, government property, or other public places without the aid of ladders, helicopters, binoculars or other aids. Public place does not include private property like your neighbor. That means in Michigan and probably anywhere else where the right to grow has been established the seed trade is legal both under federal and state law unless the jurisdiction has put in place seed restrictions. In fact, in Michigan industrial hemp seed may not be legal to grow in your back yard under the 2018 Farm Bill when Gorilla Glue seeds are legal to germinate and cultivate because they are not industrial hemp seeds but rather marihuana seeds. There are no such restrictions for seed that grows into marihuana in Michigan. Think of it like the law of firecrackers. You can’t stop firecrackers from moving through the state but the state can limit how firecrackers are used. In Michigan they can only be set off by law by a licensed Pyrotechnician except around the 4th of July and New Years, but anyone can buy them 24/7 because of the Commerce Clause of the US Constitution. This is probably the reason seeds are sold in some countries and places as novelties and souvenirs. If this doesn’t make you dizzy you must be drunk.

2 Likes

Bookmarked thank you.

Thank you for the explanation.

2 Likes