Help Identifying Bugs I'm Being Asked To Help With.... Bugs. What Are They?

Pick a colour ejem|nullxnull, they use to appear with Boron deficiencies … frech|nullxnull

Rajapools - Rekomendasi Provider Paling Unggul Di Indonesia

4 Likes

Neat, never knew that.

I did some research and see that I probably don’t want to use Neem at this stage, even as a soil drench. So I ordered some more Plant Therapy which should hopefully keep them in check until harvest.

Based off the pics cpt g posted they may be spring tails. Do the jump like crazy?

No, they don’t jump at all.

Root aphids it is… hate those bastards. I got them once… some neighboring ants moved in and made light work of them… was going to treat for them… but the ants were fun to watch. They also helped with aeration in the soil, and natural food since they eat and poop. I love mother nature!

1 Like

The picture of critters on the yellow sticky trap above is showing springtails. There are no root aphids on that card.

@George is correct.

2 Likes

That’s why I asked if they jump, he said no… so I assumed aphids… the antennas made me ask the question.

1 Like

Thanks all. Appreciate the help.

1 Like

Assassin or Wheel bug?

Would ya keep or flame?

1 Like

Looks like wheel bug to me hum|nullxnull:

I would keep them in case of having problems of other nuisance pests infestation, but keep in mind that their bite is worse than a bee or wasp sting and lasts longer… beer3|nullxnull

4 Likes

To me they look just like thrips. I never saw them on the plants, only flying and on sticky traps.

Damn I didn’t see this was so old, my bad.

No worries. Whatever they were, I killed them off with a few treatments of Lost Coast Plant Therapy. Have not had any issues at all since.

1 Like

I’ve been trying and failing to get them out of my room for 2 grows now. I thought they were best but they came back at the same time in flower as the last grow.

Wtf? Are these? Found on Outside plant

1 Like

Gonna pass along some of this info…

I went to an agricultural high school. Studied orchard management and plants…

One of the things we had at our school was a local Co-Op Extension office.

It was a place where local farmers could get soil tests done, help with identifying pests and problems on their farms. Really a wealth of knowledge, resources, and help for farmers. Especially in the pre-internet era when info was harder to find…

If you live in a rural area, or near any Ag communities, you might have an office nearby!
They can be really helpful!

Just a thought, for anyone having bug infestation problems in your gardens.

http://www.nifa.usda.gov/about-nifa/how-we-work/extension/cooperative-extension-system

1 Like

Those appear to be scale insects.

2 Likes

Can someone help identify. I keep finding these. I only ever see one at a time, every few days. They look like a moth to me, and they smear like a moth; if that makes sense. This was a week ago, and I found another today…always in one of the grow boxes. Always this size. Please and thank you.

Could be a corn grasshopper … icon_e_confused|nullxnull

O0EQB06QF0SKVKLK6KZKPKQKTK8KJ0XKCKXKAK4KBKIKHS7KVKUQ30VQDKXK1K8KNKSKUKSKDK5K1KNQY0GK307KJ05Q

2 Likes

They do fly around, and they do look similar. The one I saw today got away. Thanks.

1 Like