Help me figure this out, is it a deficiency?

Those spots could be the start of some Calcium deficiency, I know you’ve been adding but as Papalag says pH might be too low and plant does not assimilate it:

Hydroponic pH chart

Thought also about Manganese, but leaves have dark green so guess it’s not the case:

Captura

@Papalag, I use to have those spots too, but no idea of what’s the origin icon_e_confused|nullxnull, as they happen always at late flowering stage I don’t care too much about them as all my interest focuses on buds … :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks George,

So, I’m hearing kind of a “up the pH and LITFA” recommendation, is that about right?

Leave the Ca/Mg feed alone?

I’ll be morphing to flowering nutes in a week or so anyways, so that’s a given.

2 Likes

Sounds good for me, if the Ca is available once you raise the pH you shouldn’t need to add anything, plant looks good so just wait a bit to see how she reacts … beer3|nullxnull

3 Likes

Hay George, I’ve always thought that Grow Weed Ez chart was a bit off for hydro.

This is one that I use/
ph Chart Hydro:Soil

I haven’t seen another chart that shows hydro values like the GWE, but whadda I know… except I’d never run a 6.5 pH in coco :slight_smile:

Am I delusional, lol?

1 Like

I think we had this conversation before :joy:, I am still using mine because I’m in soil and my charts are easier to decipher … avatar38|nullxnull

1 Like

So, what was the resolution? I’m not trying to be contentious, just curious (I know which chart I’m using!). Am I crazy, or is it that chart? It does say for hydroponics, lol!

1 Like

I know it’s hydro, only used once doing DWC with good results, now I use the equivalent in soil and no problemo no|nullxnull, I think one just must use the tools that are more comfortable with … beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes

Way to sidestep the crazy part, lol!

1 Like

The soil chart is for organics and keeping microbes etc happy 6.3 - 6.9 I’m not organic grower so don’t know in’s and outs I’m just surmising )

Hydro is 5.5-5.8

And coco and peat based mediums using salts with no microbes etc is like in between 5.9-6.2

Why @George uses top end of hydro chart as rough guide , this works best for him he’s found

Hope this helps @HorseBadorites

Charts are very general and also show big ph drifts up and down in each , not actual initial feeding ph kind of : )

5 Likes

Thanks for the heads up, but I must comfess as I’m using Advanced Nutrients pH perfect, never care a dime about measuring pH embaressed_smile|nullxnull, so that’s why those charts work great for me :sweat_smile:.

@HorseBadorites, better think about a language barreer :roll_eyes:, sometimes it’s not easy for me to follow what’s going on … icon_e_confused|nullxnull

3 Likes

These feed charts cause more issues and arguments than helping people. Buy a e.c/ppm and ph meter. Keep upping the feed and PHing the solution weekly until the plants freak out then just back off on the nutrients to the levels you had a week earlier. The feed charts are what the company “RECOMMEND”
No 2 plants are the same. It’s finding that happy medium where they are all thriving that’s important.

4 Likes

Don’t mind me, I was just messing with you… I already know I’m crazy :crazy_face:

Right, but that chart’s just wrong :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Then stick with the one you find works for you and your plants
: )

2 Likes

All charts are wrong. Either feed half strength they state and accept a smaller yield or invest in some meters. Ppm is ppm. Some nutrients are stronger than others. 2 companies you can use 1ml per litre but the ppm could be massively different between them. The bad thing about ppm is you don’t know the levels of each element within the nutrient.
I can’t stress enough how important a PH meter is. Fuck this ph perfect stuff (sorry @George) I don’t trust it. As a plant takes up an element the pH drifts. You NEED a drift within a range in pH growing cannabis anyway so all elements are available to the plant.

1 Like

I’m not 100% sure how ph perfect works , I don’t think it keeps the ph perfect , I think the nutrients in it are all cleated so no matter what the ph is and also as it drifts all of them are still available to the plant ( of course I’m sure ph must be within certain limits but they are faaaar wider than normal requirements )

Maybe lol

2 Likes

This is reason enough not to trust it though :v:

1 Like

AN pH perfect chelates the nutrients and makes them available for the plant, if your pH is in a decent range (mine’s 7.4) it works, at least for me. I remember Colanoscopy telling me to throw away the pH pen, before I always tried to correct pH, since then my plants are happy and so I am … beer3|nullxnull

Edit: here’s what I’m growing now, no pHing at all, cold temperatures …

6 Likes

I use nutes that are the same as ph perfect nutes. They work great. Foxfarm nutes come ph’d at 6.5. I’ve never PHed anything. Never even checked it. I wont buy a PH pen. I’m not going down that rabbit hole. lol

4 Likes

I love cola to bits you know this BUT this advice is sort of wrong. Yes your plants will grow and finish fine but plants require certain elements at certain points within its life. Making EVERY element available all at once has to have a negative effect on your plants
Cannabis likes more P.K during bloom so to make the best use of the P.K the pH should really be 6.0 and up in any hydro be it coco or rdwc.

1 Like

That’s a bit harsh, lol! I do agree about feed charts, but I was talking about pH charts.

I think so too. I’m in coco, and that’s why I always try to feed at 5.8, then it can drift where ever it wants to go. That’s just my thought, though.

I thought the pH perfect nutes were dependent on the water quality, sounds like George’s is perfect for it!

Annnnd ppm is not always ppm, you’ve a 500 and 700 scale,… now, ec is ec!

1 Like