Brown spots on leaves

Just curious what these spots might be from. I thought it may be calcium deficient but according to Google it could be a plethora of other things so I’d like a second opinion.

3 Likes

Cal/mag or insects

1 Like

Take a look at this for some help possibly.

What are you feeding them?

Could be Ca, im not 100%.

@Hemp @MoBilly.

2 Likes

It’s showing signs. When was the last time you flushed? Led lights burn up a lot more than hps. Make sure your ph is right. Lock out will give you a run for your money. I agree with @HappyGoLucky21 . Mag-cal for me. My last run with nutrition hurt me. I’m no pro but you need to add or epsilon salt. I don’t do epsilon salt but some do. Every time I feed in veg stage. Even in flowering stage. On a 8 week flowering time I would cut back. Don’t push them to hard. If regular plants you might have to veg longer. One Love rh might be to low. Lights turned to high will cook them. Make your you do a good feeding after they dry out. Don’t go crazy. They will jump back.

2 Likes

I have never flushed. I’m in a notill bed on it’s 3rd run and the last one had no issues. This run I have only fed compost which has taken care of similar spots in the past. I do pH my water at 6 which some notillers don’t but my tap water is very alkaline. I only have 200w of light and they’re probably 24 inches away from them.

2 Likes

I assumed it was calcium initially and it probably is but I got reading about cannabis leaf septoria and saw the spots look sort of similar, so I was hoping to be able to rule that out.

2 Likes

24in is tight. That’s a lot of waves. What’s the temp? Rh? Air quality are you getting fresh air. All these things come in to play. Looks like he got a little fox tail, the claw action also you’ve been over watering? Start with the temperature start with RH 6 is low for ph. What nutrition are you using? Six is low. Imop

2 Likes

You need to get you an empty bucket whatever size container you’re using. Put you some dirt in it let it dry out. You’ll be able to tail. Give it a little bump you’ll be able to tell the Weight of that container. Just don’t overwater them.

Sometimes you have to give them a little something. To loosen the salt up so your plants can get rid of it. I don’t stand there and put my plants over a bucket and pour 10 gallons of water on top of it. I actually hate to say the word flush. Peace If your pH in your plants at six you definitely need magnesium and calcium my friend. That is the max take up almost for those nutrients. Nitrogen is a little higher to get your max for that you got to work that level.

1 Like

My first question would be: Is the yellowing and spots only on the upper leaves, or are they top to bottom on the plants.

1 Like

We’re not trying to make you nervous tell us what you’re feeding them. I hate to be rude this is your third time make it worth your while.

All I’ve fed them is mushroom compost for the last 2 runs. I had to switch pots between its 1st and second run so I added ~2.5 gallons of compost when I switched it, and this run I just put a quarter inch of compost on top. I think I top dressed Gaia green power bloom once or twice at half stength on the first run but nothing since.

I am aware of the overwatering and am working on it. I haven’t had to veg small plants in this bed before and I hadn’t cut back on watering as much as I should have for them.

Sounds like you got it under control.

My guess is Potassium, as they are blotches instead of irregular spots (Ca) and they’re surrounded by some yellow … beer3|nullxnull

Captura

3 Likes

@vincentadultman

I’m sure it’s calcium deficiency to be potassium deficiency it should show from lower leaves not one of the top side of younger leaves. But finding the reason why it has the deficiency is smth different.
You may want to use foliar to correct Ca deficiency asap.
You may want to increase ur Ca level in ur solution
Maybe your medium has low pH due to the low pH of watering then you may have to adjust pH level a bit.

2 Likes

Get yourself some Dolomite and to soil with just plain water…

When are you testing the PH of your water?

Living beds should be lower in the 5.* not 6ph

I also think you added way too much compost. Gaia Green fertz are more than enough nutes for veg. The entire point of those ferts are to just add water.

When I make up my soil 5gal pot, I use 4-4-4, 2-8-4 gaia green with quano and kelp added in with dolomite, mycrohyze, worm castings and moisten with molasses water for starting plants. This soil make up is enough for my plants to grow 3 months before they go in flower.

Once flower starts, I top dress with 2-8-4, about 1tbsp of dolomite and 1 tbsp of ultrafine endo.
This sets cruise control for most plants I’ve grown. At about 4.5 weeks in flower I hit with a compost tea with eveything in my soil make up. And that is plenty to finish 9 weeks strains. Longer strains I’ll hit again with a tea at week 8 or 9 if they go 12 weeks or more

1 Like

I think they can be both, as this looks like Ca:

Captura

you can also see red stems, check this:

Both are mobile nutrients so deficiency appears on older leaves, as in this case. If soil is too acidic it could be missing both being out of range:

Soil pH chart

Maybe I would check the runoff pH … beer3|nullxnull

1 Like

That’s a good point! But calcium is only xylem mobile so nutrients don’t remobilize to new growth. Thus, symptoms have shown from the top of plants. While phosphorus is mobile that deficiency symptoms appear in older leaves.

Just I can’t clearly see from the pics if the symptom has started from the bottom or top :joy:

Sorry for the shit photos I’m far from a photographer, hopefully these are clearer.

These are the lowest leaves on the worst affected plant. I have another plant that has no spots on the lower leaves but has similar brown spots on newer leaves.