Help Me Find My Medicine

So I’m reaching out to everyone with any experience. Whether their own or witnessed.

I suffer from many things but I really want to focus on helping my Anxiety & Panic Attacks.

Now I’m not asking how to make my weed anxiety free, I’m looking for a strain, or processing technique, dosage, route of admin etc. that will help my underlying Anxiety.

I really don’t want to be dependent on a man made drug like Xanax, I’m a Recovering Addict as Strange as that may sound with me being on OG. I hope there are some of you who can understand where I’m coming from, pot isn’t a drug - its a gift from you know who.

Hope someone has found a way to help themselves or someone else.

God Bless You OG

1 Like

I refuse to go the Xanax benzo pill route. What I use and works for me. It’s no miracle but does help some, is Valerian root extract. It tastes like shit, but can stop me from going full on panic attack. I hope that helps.

2 Likes

Its not MJ but ill give it a shot for sure… GNC have this? Also do you take it everyday as a preventative?

I get it from like health food joints, but a big box store or gnc might have it. I used to take it daily, but my anxiety had been a little better so I don’t. Now I just take it if I feel myself getting anxious as to avoid a full on panic. I’ve also taken it during a full on panic attack to help calm me down. I have a long story on how I came across the Valerian Root extract.

If I can incorporate it into my herbal prescription all the better…

Hey @Kraven maybe you have a shroom related addition to the list

1 Like

Get yourself a 1:1 THC:CBD cultivar like Cannatonic. Make yourself a tincture without decarbing. This 1:1 inactive tincture has stopped anxiety attacks cold for me. It won’t get you high, in fact may sober you up. I can take that and thirty minutes later go to the mall. Crowds are a major trigger for my anxiety.

6 Likes

ive noticed with anxiety and panic attacks the two best things you can dont include cannabis. the main thing you want to do with dealing with these problems is to change your diet. Start eating A LOT more veggies and a lot less meat processed foods. Work on getting your body all the nutrients it needs to work properly. Next thing I would reccomend is to start a daily routine. wake up early. meditate in silence for 5 minutes starting out. maybe do some yoga and start on with your day. throughout the day remember to take a couple mindfull breaths. this always helps center yourself and rid your mind of worries. you can find or make a mantra that you say when these attacks start to happen. something like “this anxiety is only a single thought within this river of thoughts we call a mind. i need to get a better one to hold onto and let this one go” . once you have control of your mind you have control of your anxiety and your panic attacks. cannabis can help you during this time but with the mind only mindfulness can help.

i wish you the best brother. the mind is a powerful thing. we cant let it control us.

3 Likes

Shrooms - micro dosing
Weed - daily canna caps

other than that I eat a lot of fried shit and have a poor diet, but I’m not anxious about it and it doesn’t cause me to panic…so I guess them two are good for me. Just thought I would add some humor, I have PTSD and suffer from anxiety and panic attacks / rages…but the mushies and cannabis have ended most of my misery. :peace:

3 Likes

Cbd oil has done well for my anxiety obviously without any negative feelings. i hear cbd and tumeric is even better. i just get my cbd from a local health food store or there are some reputable places online.

2 Likes

Cannabiogen Panama and Nepal Jam
Queen mother
C99
Kali mist
feeling irie on those ones
Also I would recommend micro dosing of decarbed weed, gradually rising the dose until you find your sweet spot

2 Likes

@Kraven As do I … Its controlled most of my life… I’m getting ready to get some caps going soon so I’ll probably reach out for a hand! :hand_splayed:
As far as canna capsules do you have any directions?

@ReikoX is there any how to on OG for tincture, haven’t checked the GrowFAQ yet just wondering.

@lotus710 its funny you said all that, wifey swears its what I need to do! Im starting to eat a little better but the routine is the hard part for me, my life is anything but a routine with the little ones… My plants relax me as crazy as that sounds, gets my mind off things too.

3 Likes

I know everyone is different, but what would a monthly regimine cost?

Looking into a decarbed tincture for sure!!! Im going to start hunting for some strains, thanks for the help

I buy 1 gram of crystalline cbd for $30 and mix it with cold pressed hemp seed oil $10 for a big bottle.
I take 10mg daily and another 10mg before I do anything that usually triggers my anxiety.
1gram is 1000mg.
Taking it like I do the gram usually last about 2 months.

1 Like

Wow so its affordable for sure… Im liking all these ideas.

Thanks so much for everyones experiences!!!

Keep them coming!

I haven’t seen a good tincture thread here, maybe I should start one. I follow PsychadelicSam’s thread on Grass City, Another Tincture Thread, Try it You’ll Like it. It’s epically long, but has changed the way I look at tincture and cooking with cannabis.

3 Likes

My next gen of copper chem will help if you haven’t already picked it up.
Also lotus710 is right on point
I’ve replaced most of my meat intake with fish which helped ALOT!
Water! Water!water! Never pass a fountain or sink without taking a drink. Your brain can’t maintain equilibrium without it and if your dehydrated you are STRESSED OUT IN EVERY WAY.

Music! You’ve got to invest in good headphones or a sound system and JAM!
Make sure no ones around and air guitar like a madman at least twice a week, this for me is the equivalent of meditation, gives you dopamine and a physical outlet.
Exercise! When I feel an attack I will simply step out the door and sprint like he’ll untill I loose wind.
Fight or flight, pick one or you’ll internalize and mess up your :heart:
I’m with ya man. Good hunting!

2 Likes

What works for my wife is Indica medicine only and 10 minutes of breathing and meditation. She never tried meditation but a little google guidance, commitment to 10 minutes a day and something called Alternate Breathing, it’s working beautifully. Sativa herb instantly brings on anxiety for her where Indica relaxes her. Much Love @GumbyBuds. I wish you well my brother.

2 Likes

Oh and pick an indica heavy strain and let it go untill its pistols are all completely red. At least a solid week after harvest date if not more. I did that with a strain called the black and its like getting gassed at the dentist.

3 Likes

My mom let a portion of a GSC she had going this past summer ripen until it was completely brown. She uses it in tea and says it helps relax her enough to sleep solidly and relieves her arthritic pains too.

I was talking to @legalcanada about some CBD products he’s got a line on. Had/has good prices with shipping I think? He’ll see this.

Check your mail this week🐉

3 Likes