Help with soil grow

Hey guys would appreciate any help you can offer. My lighting is 100watt MH just for these babies right now but I noticed the yellowing in the middle of the leaves. Soil is fox farm ocean forest

1 Like

ocean forrest is a bit nutrient hot for seedlings and will likely burn them a bit… any soil you could mix with it to tone it down a bit?

1 Like

I’m sorry it’s 50% ocean Forrest 50% happy frog

1 Like

I’ve tried this my first grow was purely FFOF tooooo hot for sure then tried 50/50 FFHF FFOF…Still too much i ended up flushing till the run off was in the 800- 900ppm range and everything was good after that

Maybe give that a try?

1 Like

Intervenial chlorosis on the youngest leaves may be a sign of iron or sulfur deficiency, by that does not mean there is not enough iron in the soil - I have had a case of overwatering causing rootzone issues, which in turn caused an iron deficiency.

It looks like an immobile nutrient problem - and with a good soil should not happen. I would be looking into the health of the root zone: pH, enough air(dry enough), temperature (warm enough, not sitting on a cold concrete floor).

$0.02 from HH

3 Likes

Ocean forest is crazy hot from the amount of guano they use. If I need to use it I use it at 33% instead of 50 or 100%, it tends to dilute it enough to not kill young plants. If you’re gonna use it at 50/50 I recommend adding 10% of good high quality compost to boost the biology FF is missing and let it sit and mature for a couple weeks.

4 Likes

Might want to take the ganja out of the 16 oz solos and see if that helps. :slight_smile:

More pics will help.

How close are/were the plants to the lights. Almost looks like light burn a little too.

I agree with @masterkusher appears that they might have overgrown there containers time for a one gallon at least they probably need more soil to seek out more nutrients and add some EWC or compost .