Help with yellowing and drooping

I have zero problem with you, but it seems you have discarded the advice of every one who has posted here trying to help you. If you want to grow some 9 foot marijuana trees, you may want to check out the grow logs of folks who actually grow in organic soil. Like I said before your methodology is correct if you were using a different medium or growing methods. Cannabis requires higher amounts of calcium and magnesium than most plants or veggies. If your plants make it to flower without the higher required levels of cal/mag your bud will taste like crap.

6 Likes

Tell me how I disregarded anyoneā€™s advise? Please enlighten me.

I just have it for a reference and like I said earlier donā€™t overcomplicate it and I know it sounds simple but I will admit that I wss getting way to much influence on what to do with my first grow and not from here I was a member on a different forum that was NOT HELPFUL but I am just glad to have a little feedback for you and always around if you have/ need anything. The Doc

Iā€™m certainly not here to argue back and forth, only came to help with your organic soil grow. Anything else is non-productive to fixing your plants and I have no interest in arguing. If I came off harsh in words, my apologies as you can not hear tone and inflection in writing and that was not my intention.

4 Likes

Yeah but you just said I disregarded everyoneā€™s advise, so I am asking you how did I do that? I donā€™t want to be rude to anyone, so Iā€™m asking.

For anyone interested in soil PH this is what I am getting.

I use the chart you have but try not to go too far off of the centre of the green zone in veg and steer towards the left hand side in flower.
@BasementBeans has the numbers.

2 Likes

too acidic I believe, probably causing some nutrients aside from the cal/mag to be locked out. You can find nutrient lock out tables online. I donā€™t have one handy. My soil tests at 6.8 without any special water and my tap water is unusually acidic on itā€™s own. I can also see the bottom leaves by your ph meter they are clearly showing a cal/mag deficiency. Epsom salt foliar in meantime while procuring some cal/mag

5 Likes

Looks like root issues to me. let them dry out, then just water a bit at a time. Less water more ofter is better than a lot of water less ofter

7 Likes

This. Once I started watering based on weight of pots life got easier. If you lift and youā€™re unsure itā€™s really light give it another day or two, it should be pretty apparent how light it is. Iā€™d rather let the medium get too dry than overwater for sure.

Also, after a certain point those containers will not have any nutes left from the Coast of Maine soilā€¦ I run Stonington for water only veg and once I see signs of deficiency I flush the medium and begin with the GH Flora stuff.

6 Likes

Like this?

2 Likes

As far as ph, I aim for 6.3-6.4 I think 6 is too low honestly.

3 Likes

Yep. after 3 weeks natural nutes in containers are almost depleted from the soil

1 Like

The blotchy leaves is calcium deficiency and the interveinal chlorosis is magnesium deficiency.

4 Likes

Thereā€™s no deficiencies with soil like that, and thereā€™s definitely never any need for bottled Cal/Mag in any organic soil, ever.

Itā€™s crazy hot soil, thatā€™s all.

The extreme amount of microbial activity thatā€™s breaking down the kelp, fish bone, alfalfa and lobster compost is cooking the roots. All of that together is a HUGE amount of nitrogen.

Iā€™d LITFA (Leave It The Fuck Alone) and flip to flower.
Then by the time you harvest, the soil will have settled and you can sow in the same pots again.
Your next grow will do much better.

You may have a smaller harvest than expected but itā€™ll likely be very potent because of the stress.

When you get a hot soil like that itā€™s good to let it cook for a month after filling your pots and then sow. Or start off with a cover crop first, then chop and drop the covercrop and then sow your cannabis.

7 Likes

There most certainly are deficiencies in organic soil after awhile.

4 Likes

I didnā€™t say that. That can be fixed in a million different ways without Cal/Mag from a bottle.

1 Like

Could you recommend some of those ways? Epsom Salt? I was going to foliar spray with bush doctor by fox farm.

Your soil is not deficient, it doesnā€™t need to be fixed, it just needs to settle.
Leave it be and flip to flower.
Next grow will be better.

1 Like

After watching those fried bottom leaves I am thinking in soil too hot and excessive microbial activity ā€¦ hum|nullxnull

2 Likes