Hemp becomes legal in new farm bill

As the title suggests
However, the likely and most useful product from the hemp plant is seed.
Imagine, literally millions of acres of male and female plants. Pollen thick in the Jetstream all over America.
Every bumble bee, every humming bird, thousands of species of moth and butterfly.
Are outdoor grows going to be possible?
Maybe start investing in filter companies?
Just a thought.

7 Likes

I’m excited to see it happen but damnit…gonna need intake filters for the grow space.

5 Likes

Farmers in America have been looking to compete better against China’s soy bean market.
Hemp seed is a serious threat to current Cannabis genetics and industry.
Imagine sensimilla prices after the Midwest hops on board.
Grow rooms are about to get some expensive HVAC upgrades.

3 Likes

So I’ve been been looking into the hemp market for a bit now. A big chunk of the market is I the CBD right now. Just like our buds they want unpollinated girls for the best yield. That coupled with routine thc testing ( if thc is above a threshold, the whole crop can be eradicated at a great loss to the farmer) I think we’ll see a lot of clones and femmed seed. At least that’s what I’m hoping.

6 Likes

Hemp dose have many many uses…

Back in old days i think henry ford did research on using hemp to build car bodies but economy slumped and the plan was scratched… Now european car manufacturers DO use hemp in some car panels. Without inside info on why… I guess it is safety and ecological nature … likely there are other properties like weight and structural strength but as said… no inside knowledge.

Hemp can be used in fabrics instead of cotton … thats what they used on sail ships back in old days.

4 Likes

:sunglasses: West coast ocean-grown will have a whole 'nother round of appreciation :smile: BEACH-GROWN Kush :laughing:

:thinking: hmm… i wonder if hemp pollen from China could make it to my precious beach hydro setup using elon musk as a surfboard :surfer:

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

I’m looking at it from a farmers perspective. The biggest hemp import from Canada is the hemp seed healthfood market.
mass produced cooking oil will likely be the first agricultural endeavor along with biodiesel up where I’m from.
Without changing existing sunflower seed, canola, peanut etc equipment they will go with the cheapest production option.
Hempseed is the name of the game I’m afraid.

3 Likes

Very true about hemp seed and oil. You’d be screwed if you lived next to a farm like that. Lucky it’s not the rage here right now.
I wonder how close would be a problem? Nothing you can really do outdoors? It is a great thing overall though.

3 Likes

I’m excited about hempcrete and cattle forage myself.
With my yard I may end up being part of the problem.
Big thing with my post, is a fair warning to everyone to invest in filtration for your tent/homes intake. Everybody worries about smell but often times go with passive intake and no filtering.
These commercial cannabis companies likely have closed systems.

4 Likes

From my limited research 1 mile was given as pretty much 0% cross pollination but a few hundred yards seems to be plenty according to the outdoor guys here. tall trees in between help I hear, guess it stops the wind?

4 Likes

yep, grazing is my biggest factor, as well. goats will kill everything in their path if you don’t keep up on green stuff for them to graze on, then move on to things like fences and structures. hemp sounds like a great option!! way easier than maintaining grass!!

2 Likes