Herbie's Hothouse

Hey Herbie! :wave:
Good thread, awesome grows :muscle: btw do u know u have a namesake Herbie? :eyes:

3 Likes

5 Likes

When you have pests you can muddle thru to harvest or throw them out and start over. I just cleaned house due to aphids. I was winning but it was eating too much time and energy. Also had lost a cutting of Pina and FPOG. So now I have 4 clones rooting of the selected SSDD f3 (#3) in the cloner. Ants are gone and haven’t seen an aphid in days.

Gonna add some stuff soon :slight_smile: and I did save some pollen from the Iced Cube male.

4 Likes

Always something needs doing. And new things too!

Never mind all the false starts, the learning curve etc. Just to help anyone out that is considering a 3d printer…Start with a level surface and save lots of issues.

So threw down some more seedz with moon growing full,

and 12/12 germinated

these went to soak on 10/31 so perhaps we will call them Halloweedz :smirk:

They are flopping now I’ll try and get a pic up when the lights come on.

Well my buddy with the outdoor had seed in his harvest. Real bummer. No idea. So he gave me a couple plants to flower in the meantime till I get clones back and get up to speed. Seems the two he gave me have thrips. :man_facepalming:

I trimmed them back really hard. Started Diatomaceous earth on the soil and stuck some yellow sticky traps up. The traps are covered after 2 days.

Had a boss used to say “It is what it is.” Never did like that saying much. Smacks of giving up.

Back to RL :man_juggling:

8 Likes

Good for people with short term memory, and short term problems. Hope things get better for you buddy.

3 Likes

These are above ground day 8 now.

No matter what I do I can’t get them growing as fast as @Budderton but then I can’t figure a way to give them hot dogs and don’t have hectares to work with either.

(reference- Cobra Lips co-op seed increase 🐍 )

Here are the two candidates for flower-
Godfather OG

Goji QM x SL BX

Oh and the ‘chosen one’ is showing roots! So the SSDD is saved!

8 Likes

Nice @Herbie ! You have to use metric hotdogs! And don’t forget to jetpack. :joy::v:

2 Likes

Aha! at last the salient points :smirk:

2 Likes

Hey brother. I found this to be very insightful.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C131rFlpOB0&t=825s
I hopes this helps with the mites. Seems the little guys only like plants with high amounts of ammonium, according to plant sap analysis.
I knew yucca in soil muted the signals from root terpenes attracting bugs but its also is very useful at reducing ammonium nitrate toxicity in soil too which just one of the many ways it does help with eliminating pests.
In fact they are feeding yucca powder to livestock to reduce ammonia omissions by 20-40+% (short term).

4 Likes

Nice knowledge nugget. Appreciate that. @ReikoX was battling those. And I certainly have in the recent past. I haven’t had any more mites though since I went 2 weeks without anything growing last year iirc. My problem here was aphids.

3 Likes

Ok, just making sure brother. We have about 50-70 rose of sharon’s that flower late summer and they always get covered in aphids. It sucks.

1 Like

That might be a lure to make them leave your cannabis should it ever occur. I heard Vetch could be used that way. Haven’t seen any yet tho.

I lost my fpog cut though.I do have some seeds to look through :slight_smile:

2 Likes

and this turns out to be fungus gnats.

1 Like

Yeah, i fucking saw that man. No bueno for sure. Fpog x GDP are about done stretching. Interesting to see how they do. Definitely want to repay you for the initial help sourceing them.

2 Likes

I gotta have that taste and high so I will be sprouting some soon. Down to less than half a jar ;(

1 Like

Thats really good to hear that you liked it so much as soon as you lost your cut your popping more seeds man. It really does have a incredible flavor profile. Really is a terp above the rest haha! I would like it to be more potent maybe its just the way i grew it last. Hope the next gens are just as fruitful man.

1 Like

The more potents ones seemed to strretch more…and I am thinking of following the frosty ones.

I have tasted another strain I like as well called Mimosa.

2 Likes

Interesting. So your getting pretty much the same flavor profile in the frosty ones and ones that stretch?

2 Likes

There were mostly 2 flavors from all the girls with some variations on each. The huge bud on the short plant had a bud structure that was open and not real dense. Two were longer and stretchier ones, 2 girls one green and another darker. Both with good fruitiness …but this one was a hybrid …as a matter of fact the colas were different as clones than on the seed mom. But still great flavor and a good high.

Mind you the high is mostly all head high and if you smoke something else first; you don’t get the full benefit. It will lack. But I found it perfect to get through the day. Uplifting and with good potency. Great daytime high.

2 Likes

Yeah man it’s really tasty genetics. Thank you again for grabbing that pack for me.

1 Like