Herbie's Hothouse

OG Kush

FPOG

Cactus Breath

Goji QM x SL BX

AO X CaliO

11 Likes

Very nice!

So dad had some paranoia from SSDD f2. I also got paranoia from it, but was able to talk myself through it. My SSDD after almost a year is so strong it’s easy to get greened out from it. I sure love how it turns down my pain though big time

3 Likes

I’ve got 3 SSDD f3 girls here. 2 I have tasted. I will cover them a bit more later. They are just now cured well and tasty. A friend is flowering all three at the moment. Will see what’s what in a bit :slight_smile:

The TUBz I gotta let one go since I had to cut it down twice to just keep it in the cabinet and out of the lights. It needed to be an outdoor plant. The other two are gonna be up potted and flowering soon. There are 4 Iced Cube still. A girl and 2 boys and a plant that is still undecided :unamused:

Likely the boys will just disappear as well this time.

3 Likes

One way to make 'em fit -
TUBz 1

TUBz 2- short one. Really like the scents coming from these.

TUBz3- had to top, but did not try to jump into the light

There are 2 Iced Cube girls

IC 1

IC 2 -aka the laggard

Yeah I kept a male just in case…

Everyone just got new shoes, kinda droopy atm.

9 Likes

Outside (better hurry :rabbit2: )

OG Kush -cold colored it up nice

Cactus Breath

Agent Orange x CaliO

GojiQM x SL BX

FPOG

8 Likes

Looking good, we had our first frost yesterday morning, its coming soon, good luck on the harvesting.

2 Likes

The outdoor above may have a few of my clone selections growing in it, but it isn’t mine. I do enjoy seeing the strains I have selected for grow in a different environment though. The Cactus Breath above and the Goji QM x SL BX are the stars of the show, Both look as though they will produce well. I do get to help trim and smoke it.

The smells are best and strongest from the Cactus Breath and one of the Agent Orange x CaliO. The OG Kush was a no stretch plant. The indoor I did of it is in a jar and smells faintly of the same lightly sour note I get from the best SSDD. The similarity ends there though.

Iced Cubes- 2 on the right

The one up front is the thing I cut off at the knees and rooted a cut. It is TUBz #1
TUBz #2

has some interesting leaf fan formation…I have seen that structure on some bad ass stuff in the past. Be taking cuts in the next few days. All of these are now about a week into the 12/12 and I am considering going to 11/13 after the first month due to the likes of @HolyAngel and others advocacy.

TUBz #3 is the runt of the testers

This is the male Iced Cube in the front.

by this time @SamwellBB probably forgot all about these, since I haven’t updated these in a month or more.

All in 2 gallon bags of coco and perlite.

10 Likes

Busy busy busy…it’s that time… trim jail and stinky fellas walking the grocery store aisles.!

and then theres the other part

So his stuff is done more or less and I have finally decided on a SSDD mom for the f4 gen. Of course it was the other one that did not get grown out here…yet.

I have some pollen collected from the Ice Cube male and the girls are ready for it…however…I am fighting a serious aphid infestation from taking in clones (smh) to date I have no problem reducing the numbers but nothing seems to eliminate the infestation …even repeeated at intervals…at least so far.

8 Likes

There seems to be one in most runs…a plant that wants to just take over. This is a TUBz tester #3, she has those down hanging leathery leaves like on the Peanut Butter Breath and throws the occasional 4 finger fan. The fingers of the fans leaves have deep valleys it seems like a throwback prehistoric thing: :t_rex: She takes up almost half the cabinet.

I’ll sort the number and get some recent pics tonight most are done stretching I think.

10 Likes

Left TUBz 3

Right

(Above) Far right and foreground are Iced Cubes, the one in the back is a TUBz that didn’t stretch
Below are the two Peanut Butter Breath clones

Finally Godfather OG

11 Likes

You have some lovely big colas on your plants, how are they holding up with the weather and temp changes in the poly tunnel, are they keeping free of mold :thinking:

3 Likes

they did well…only a couple with some dry rot in the middle of some stuff that really should have been cleaned for better airflow. They never get rained on and so remain pretty dry

5 Likes

Hey Herbie! :wave:
Good thread, awesome grows :muscle: btw do u know u have a namesake Herbie? :eyes:

3 Likes

5 Likes

When you have pests you can muddle thru to harvest or throw them out and start over. I just cleaned house due to aphids. I was winning but it was eating too much time and energy. Also had lost a cutting of Pina and FPOG. So now I have 4 clones rooting of the selected SSDD f3 (#3) in the cloner. Ants are gone and haven’t seen an aphid in days.

Gonna add some stuff soon :slight_smile: and I did save some pollen from the Iced Cube male.

4 Likes

Always something needs doing. And new things too!

Never mind all the false starts, the learning curve etc. Just to help anyone out that is considering a 3d printer…Start with a level surface and save lots of issues.

So threw down some more seedz with moon growing full,

and 12/12 germinated

these went to soak on 10/31 so perhaps we will call them Halloweedz :smirk:

They are flopping now I’ll try and get a pic up when the lights come on.

Well my buddy with the outdoor had seed in his harvest. Real bummer. No idea. So he gave me a couple plants to flower in the meantime till I get clones back and get up to speed. Seems the two he gave me have thrips. :man_facepalming:

I trimmed them back really hard. Started Diatomaceous earth on the soil and stuck some yellow sticky traps up. The traps are covered after 2 days.

Had a boss used to say “It is what it is.” Never did like that saying much. Smacks of giving up.

Back to RL :man_juggling:

8 Likes

Good for people with short term memory, and short term problems. Hope things get better for you buddy.

3 Likes

These are above ground day 8 now.

No matter what I do I can’t get them growing as fast as @Budderton but then I can’t figure a way to give them hot dogs and don’t have hectares to work with either.

(reference- Cobra Lips co-op seed increase 🐍 )

Here are the two candidates for flower-
Godfather OG

Goji QM x SL BX

Oh and the ‘chosen one’ is showing roots! So the SSDD is saved!

8 Likes

Nice @Herbie ! You have to use metric hotdogs! And don’t forget to jetpack. :joy::v:

2 Likes

Aha! at last the salient points :smirk:

2 Likes