Herbie's Hothouse

So before the Goohead got stuck in the flowering cabinet I took a few cuts and stuck them in a cup of water and put them in the window sill. Since then I have been changing the water out every other day.

I think it was 10-12 days ago.

8 Likes

Stuff happens. You deal with it. Life goes on.

SSDD 2 sisters from the same batch of f3 seeds. IMO one leans to Bubba and one leans toward Appalachia from what I have seen in pics. Maybe someone else with experience could say yay or nay?

A couple of side by sides. One looks 2 weeks ahead of the other and both started flowering same day.

Both PPP were chopped as was the Goohead. One of the PPP was too wet and started yellowing. Then the others began yellowing. Cut them down and the humidity has dropped. The Bubba leaning one has a couple of nodes that started yellowing but it does not seem to be spreading now or turning necrotic. The Appy leaner has no issues.

Probably save most of the two larger plants that were chopped.

edit- @HolyAngel these are the two f3’s- which does yours look like? I would start with the seeds from one of these and save time. Might find both have the affect you are seeking though.

10 Likes

SSDD

Goohead

9 Likes

Note to self: pollinating early can lead to seeds that are ready before the flower is fully finished. The casing that contains seeds can deteriorate quickly if humidity increases and can be a vector for pathogens to attack the plant.

Best results over the last couple years were obtained waiting about 2-3 weeks into flower and then using a qtip to fertilize a couple of lowers. Usually wind up with more than expected but still plenty of flower that has little to none.

7 Likes

PPP is done, down and has somehow gone up in smoke :face_with_raised_eyebrow: and such a wonderful smoke it was. Gonna have to run those again and do them some real justice. Got a bag of ‘organic soil’ that smothered roots. Probably left outside to over winter in the weather outside and from the bottom of the pallet. Still have half a bag and no idea what to do with it.

In the end the genetics prevailed and with the help pollen from DD was able to seed them. I really liked the smoke. Nice, mellow indica with tons of linalool in it. Such a flowery and old school hash plant deserves to be around on the regular. One who I shared a sample noted it relieved tension between his shoulders immediately.

The first of the Sunshine Daydream has come down. The one that had those Bubba Kush looking buds. Such a pleasure to trim. The nugs are rock hard and dense and lightly seeded. Still not much cure on it but the smoke is quite nice already.

This seems familliar somehow… :rofl:

The other one is still going! Reminds me of a pink bunny :smirk:

14 Likes

Started so many new seeds some have ‘fruited’ a new thread :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Hmm… so… I think mine looks more like the second? She doesn’t have those really pointy serrations like that. Smoother, thin leaved… I totally messed her up this last time so unsure of what done-right-quality looks like on her to compare to your nice buds there. You’d be a better judge on these than I am.

Probably worst looking plant I’ve ever grown :sweat_smile: but man did the bud come out dank af :drooling_face: I have no idea what that “butter cut” smells like. but this one is that bubbashine description all day long. I don’t really see any appy in here at all.

5 Likes

that’s fine. It may not be accurate. I was going by pictures and looking at terminal bud structure. Just not the bud structure of the BK leaning plant. Bubbashine you say? well mabbe that’s it. It does look more like the one I preferred, but I have a strong stem on that one. Yours finished far faster than mine.

As a way forward I would consider either good since the 2 males mirrored the females :slight_smile: One each.

I guess the most apt description of the (edited) smell of the desirable pheno he describes is “grilled fruit” that’s close to an accurate description of the smell on grind. I’ve heard sour blueberry muffins. Smell and taste go together. Sunshine #4 has very similar taste and might have the same med properties.

3 Likes

I think mine looks more like the ugly one. Really thin leaves,very sativa like

1 Like

I like the taste of the ugly one better and she yielded well. You have a trellis so stems won’t matter as much :slight_smile:

1 Like

Shes about 7 feet at the moment

2 Likes

Lost my coin flips hunted them a solid week. Even went on a house cleaning spree. Found them yesterday…

So at the least now have something to put these into

I will send a flip of the number 6 beans to the first 3 that call ‘dibs’ in celebration US only please this time.

8 Likes

I call dibs lol

1 Like

Send me a dm.

dibs. did i get that in time?

1 Like

sure. send me a dm.

1 Like

Dibs plus characters.

1 Like

yay, that is the last one send me a dm.

1 Like

Those went out today. Good luck with them and tag me if you take any pics. Enjoy.

Unfortunately there will not be enough seeds of the others to share. Just did not make enough. Only about 12 seeds of #9 so far but it is already revegged so I could bx that one.

4 Likes

Great log @herbie! Looks like you are doing some awesome work here!

2 Likes