Herbie's Hothouse

Sour pheno. Have a few of these f3 seeds. Going to hunt some of these for something special soon…

11 Likes

I split the seeds from the f2’s with Sebring back a year ago …my intention was to run them and make f4’s to spread around. I still have these and have grown one round of f3’s. The webbed girl showed up in the f3’s Very chunky that time. I have no f4’s from them but did cross them to the 10-D SL BX male.

I am probably at least 3 maybe 4 runs from getting to these. If someone else wants to run them it could likely be arranged

4 Likes

There were reasons behind the male choice here. His structure is stout and he is very stinky. It was an objective to build some stronger stalk support since the buds get so heavy and the plant tends to flop a lot with all the stretch.

The current thread is New Beans New Babies it is of SL BX x GojiQM from the Snow Lotus BX V1 and the Unknown Mother thread. These are at f2 and were 10-D Just looking at the f2’s this time around and identifying pheno types There are 4 girls.

When this run is done the plan is to IX the BD/CQ clone with the f1’s I made from the 10-D male.

After that there was a cross to a Holy Punch from @Meesh and I will be running those f1’s and then a run of g13hp88…assuming I live that long.

SSDD f4’s may get priority in here somewhere too…

4 Likes

The IX or f1 of the BD/CQ was mostly males and thus I did not really get ot see what the girls were like…the lone female was pretty heavily seeded.

I had a few from that male crossed back to the BD/CQ Currently needing to take some clones from her.

SL BX I have cloned and it is doing well …the donor clone was getting large but the pests and other issues have it looking pretty raggedy. Love the smell of that plant. Got to flower these out soon.

4 Likes

Been long enough now can claim at least a temporary victory over the mites. The circumstances that made it difficult to control might be worth noting for others in that I am running in cabinets. Cabinets do not sit right on the floor and may not be caulked and sealed. In my case they were not.

One had an intake with a filter in it in the floor. A filter was in it but I removed that and sealed and caulked both cabinets and painted the interiors one more time. Then a 2 week absence of all flowering. Followed with the use of horticultural oil on all vegging plants. Finally released predator mites.

Have not seen any since.

5 Likes

Nothing makes them perk up like real sunlight even if it was filtered thru a window

SSDD Sunshine Daydream f3 @ 17 days

@Meesh and some chives I bought

7 Likes

I am attempting to germ some chives under lights right now. If this doesn’t do it, I give up!!!

4 Likes

SSDD @ 23 days

11 Likes

Looking good! I got 2 Females!!! Stoked! I ended up buying a chive starter. Couldn’t even get seeds to germ under lights. lol

What kind of soil do you use?

3 Likes

That’s the same thing it came home in. All the others are in Mother Earth Coco-Loco and I added some basalt rock dust. Been feeding with MegaCrop v3 All in there get the same thing. Added a rosemary plant too :slight_smile: It’s way in the back and hard to see.

I am topping at node 6 this time and intend to cull the weak branches. Starting at the bottom and leaving the strongest 4-6. Six of the eight had already reached that point 2 days ago The two on the left have not yet been topped but will be soon.

SSDD @ about 30 days

10 Likes

Glad you left back those little bastards, your plants looking beautiful … :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I have enough seeds to run these again. I will and collect some seed from the best females of both runs…then re-evaluate. I think they should start showing sex in a couple more weeks and should be recovered from the topping.

There are a couple of them showing wider leaves and some showing shorter branchier structure. I remember it mattered not at all that they were short, they stretch just as much :frowning:

7 Likes

8 SSDD @ about 39 days. Topped about 10 days ago except for 2.

Took a good look at serrations on the leaves, noting at least 3 different patterns. Nobody showing any bits to confirm atm.

They have not liked the lighting change I threw at them and have sulked since.

11 Likes

Discussing the sag with the ‘better half’

Me: I put them in that other cabinet and then shifted the time on them. Between the time shift and the bright light I think they had some stress

Her: Yeah. They’re thinking a meteor hit the planet.

2 Likes

2 plants eliminated. 2 females up potted so far last night and played with the roots doing it.

Number 5 was a nice smelly male with a great structure…but he doesn’t have the frost or smell the other two probable males do. So he is gone. Number 4 was lagging and with 3 likely females id’d and one more plant to go no need for it. And so it too is gone.

2 Likes

2 SSDD f3 males

both looking and smell good. Good vigor and fat hollow stems. Two frostiest of the males. We will get some close ups further in if we decide to use them and it looks good so far. These are plants #1 and #7 above

Group shot.

Left row 2 PPP back one couple weeks ahead of the front one.
Middle row. PPP in the rear. SSDD #2 in the front.
(Scooby voice) “Rut ro” SSDD #6 in the rear and an Afgooey clone up front.

8 Likes

Looking really good @Herbie. Those PPP seem pretty darn happy. Where’d you get that afgooey? I have some seeds from grassman that I’ve been wanting to find time to run.

4 Likes

Snow Lotus (aka Goohead) is a mostly indica variety from Bodhi Seeds and can be cultivated indoors . Bodhi Seeds’ Snow Lotus is a THC dominant variety and is/was never available as feminized seeds.

SnowLotus is the love child of afgooey

I must correct myself it seems it is Goohead

5 Likes

SSDD F3 males. These 2 check the boxes so far. Number 1 on the left lags the #7 by several days though. If 1 wasn’t so happy even in the little pot I would cut him. I have 2 females to choose from. OTOH I like the diversity from two males.

7 Likes

My SSDD have gotten quite stinky as well. Looking good!

1 Like