Herbie's Hothouse

Hey brother. I found this to be very insightful.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C131rFlpOB0&t=825s
I hopes this helps with the mites. Seems the little guys only like plants with high amounts of ammonium, according to plant sap analysis.
I knew yucca in soil muted the signals from root terpenes attracting bugs but its also is very useful at reducing ammonium nitrate toxicity in soil too which just one of the many ways it does help with eliminating pests.
In fact they are feeding yucca powder to livestock to reduce ammonia omissions by 20-40+% (short term).

4 Likes

Nice knowledge nugget. Appreciate that. @ReikoX was battling those. And I certainly have in the recent past. I haven’t had any more mites though since I went 2 weeks without anything growing last year iirc. My problem here was aphids.

3 Likes

Ok, just making sure brother. We have about 50-70 rose of sharon’s that flower late summer and they always get covered in aphids. It sucks.

1 Like

That might be a lure to make them leave your cannabis should it ever occur. I heard Vetch could be used that way. Haven’t seen any yet tho.

I lost my fpog cut though.I do have some seeds to look through :slight_smile:

2 Likes

and this turns out to be fungus gnats.

1 Like

Yeah, i fucking saw that man. No bueno for sure. Fpog x GDP are about done stretching. Interesting to see how they do. Definitely want to repay you for the initial help sourceing them.

2 Likes

I gotta have that taste and high so I will be sprouting some soon. Down to less than half a jar ;(

1 Like

Thats really good to hear that you liked it so much as soon as you lost your cut your popping more seeds man. It really does have a incredible flavor profile. Really is a terp above the rest haha! I would like it to be more potent maybe its just the way i grew it last. Hope the next gens are just as fruitful man.

1 Like

The more potents ones seemed to strretch more…and I am thinking of following the frosty ones.

I have tasted another strain I like as well called Mimosa.

2 Likes

Interesting. So your getting pretty much the same flavor profile in the frosty ones and ones that stretch?

2 Likes

There were mostly 2 flavors from all the girls with some variations on each. The huge bud on the short plant had a bud structure that was open and not real dense. Two were longer and stretchier ones, 2 girls one green and another darker. Both with good fruitiness …but this one was a hybrid …as a matter of fact the colas were different as clones than on the seed mom. But still great flavor and a good high.

Mind you the high is mostly all head high and if you smoke something else first; you don’t get the full benefit. It will lack. But I found it perfect to get through the day. Uplifting and with good potency. Great daytime high.

2 Likes

Yeah man it’s really tasty genetics. Thank you again for grabbing that pack for me.

1 Like

Mother’s Milk f2
This one is webbed on the 2nd set.

All 12

7 Likes

Mother’s Milk

So @Budderton got this used jet pack from ebay…I dunno if they got this thing right…looks to me like they swapped the compass and the altimeter…scared to turn it on. :fearful:

About 21 days for the littlest, the other’s a day or 2 ahead at most.

13 Likes

A few more hot dogs and your off to the races!:sweat_smile:
Looking good over here @Herbie . Setting up for good things!:grin::peace_symbol::canada:

3 Likes

@ 28 days ~ in 4 inch square pots of Coco Loco feeding a few drops of CalMag+ at around 330 ppm total or ~0.7 EC

These are now at 18/6, the last two days were at 12/12 and previous to that they were at 20/4

The overhead lamp is an HLG 65 4k

6 Likes

At home after hospital last week, the Mother’s Milk were cared for and looking well…a bit late showing sex after the 2 days of 12/12. This was something I observed in the SSDD as well and thinking it a trait of the common parent. There was a reference I saw to the sativa leaning varieties requiring 3 days of 12/12 that was attributed to DJ Short.

I will try to get some pics up later but I have to build some strength. Hemoglobin dropped so low I barely avoided a blood trans and I was told it may be as much as a month before all my strength returns.

The larger plants died. And the SSDD cut is hanging in there, but lost the GojiQM x SL BX I have a couple packs GrowHard sent so I will get to those pretty soon. So many seeds so little time. :frowning_face:

2 Likes

Mothers Milk f2 #1

1-6
7-12

11 Likes

Hi. Miss me? Or just the pics? :slight_smile:

Mother’s Milk f2s sorted kind of…

Venturing that 1,3,5,7,12 are all males. Welll they did not id as female anywho.

I find myself favoring #3 for smell as well as structure.#1 looks nice as well. Would like to see the mains flower before choosing. Number 7 is segregated. Something weird at a node and I did not want it to spread to the other plants.

I up potted the 7 that id’d female. Notable were 3 for nice root development #2, #8, #9. The smell of #9 was also notable as being easier to pick up on. Smells do vary a good bit among the girls but that is to be expected with the variation among them.

Finally they were flipped to 12/12 today. Back row left to right 2,4,6,8 Front 9,10,11

...and off we go :rocket:

Edit-The roots were ‘massaged’ and looked nothing like that when they went in. They were dangling really.

12 Likes

What did you get from grow hard if you don’t mind me asking? I’ve got a few strains of his also

3 Likes