Herb's First Auto Grow

AUTOS - Dropped 10 Autos into soil for a winter grow. My grow area has limited heat so keeping the LEDs on 22 hours will help heat during the winter, it’s my first winter w/o a HPS. I’ll spare you the photos of the dirt filled pots, the strains I have chosen are below, along with the supplier :

1 - Purple Kush - Linda Seeds
2 - Amnesia Lemon - Linda Seeds
3 - Destroyer - Linda Seeds
4 - Gelato #33 - Linda Seeds
5 - Northern Lights - Seedman
6 - Bruce Banner (2) - Monster Genetics
7 - Sin Tra Bajo - Barney’s
8 - Gorilla Glue (2) - ILGM

As a side note, I just purchased a CCTV security system with a couple extra cameras, now I’m able to monitor my home and grows from afar. When I get some experience with it I’ll start time lapses of my grows.

16 Likes

I see Linda Seeds :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yes, reasonably priced and in business awhile, gotta give her a shot. Thank you

6 Likes

Your Welcome, I hope it goes well, so far I am happy with mine, hopefully done or close by Christmas :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My seeds just showed up from linda seeds! I’ll have to follow this while I wait for the chance to try them

6 Likes

Shot from my security camera inside my veg tent. 9 of 10 autos broke ground so I replanted another, Bruce Banner auto. The plants around the perimeter are clones of Bruce Banner, Ralph’s Special and Lebanese Green, they will all be moved soon. Gonna let the seedlings grow a bit more before I install the Blumats. When I do, I’ll identify the strains.

Also, I am trying to figure out how to time-lapse this grow.

5 Likes

I’m new to autos. I bought some Gorilla Glue Autos from ILGM. I traded my good buddy, @DrkestStar a couple. Today, I went to visit (and burn) and we noticed an anomaly on a GG. Do autos hermaphrodite? And would a “reputable” seedbank like ILGM sell hermies? I’ve got 2 GGs in my tent of autos and it’ll be left unattended for weeks at a time.

5 Likes

Autos can definitely herm. I can’t speak for that breeder, but I know GG is known for hermy tendencies.

2 Likes

I am going on a little vacation. Got my autos Blumatted and hopefully the strains are visible.

This will be my camera view so I can monitor it from afar. I will try to take a daily snapshot and string them together as a time lapse. The Amnesia Lemon germinated, broke ground but the root didn’t penetrate deep enough to take hold, so I tossed her.

5 Likes

Hey Herb…just curious what light cycle are you running?? have a safe trip…And we’ll catch up and burn a few fatties when ya get back.
ENJOY!!

DrkestStar

1 Like

I’ve read some say 20-4 and others say just keep them on 24, being my first experience I decided to split it and go with 22-2. They seem to like it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Once you have the Recording you want. Try this https://youtu.be/b7MP-LjppGE

3 Likes

Thank you, I will give it a try!

2 Likes

18-20 hours works best IME. But honestly I’ve flowered under 24 and 12 hours of light too…

3 Likes

ReikoX…I just ran 4 of the FAM girls under 24…and they came out amazing…Not a huge yield but am VERY happy with the taste/high…thanks again!! They are in jars and curing nicely! Gonna be great Holiday smoke!

3 Likes

So, as I was driving up my street on Sunday I see power trucks. I guess they turned off my power to do some repairs, killing my CCTV. 1400 miles away and I can’t reboot it. My son says he can fix it so it’ll reboot itself but I need to request a static IP… he won’t be able to fix it until tomorrow. It’s killing me not knowing how it’s growing.

1 Like

My awesome son got my cameras back up, happy to see them thriving.

Jerry playing in the band…

6 Likes

Had them separated and 2 1/2 gals of MegaCrop mix added to the res

6 Likes

Herb…they LQQK grate!! My 3 GG#4 autos are getting near the end…hoping for a good harvest ! hope your enjoying the warm weather in Fla.!

2 Likes

One trick I’ve found is to bleed out the lines between reservoir changes.

Air gets in there somehow and can disrupt that nice even flow that makes the Blumats work best.

Not necessary every time, but it also doesn’t hurt.

2 Likes