Herb's first Block-Berry grow and seed share project

Update Plants have stretched a little since going under 12 hour, 1000W LED. I also have a little mite problem that I’ve been able to keep in check, but can’t seem to eliminate. #4 is showing some balls, hopefully it’ll take because I only have enough colloidal silver for one more application.

5 Likes

As I prepare to move the male to a separate 12/12 location I find myself asking questions, hopefully some of you can provide answer, suggestions or recommendations.

1. Should I bring a female Block-Berry (or 2) along to be pollinated?
  2. If I do, will the seeds be any different from a future pollination where I pollinate the next generation of clone by hand?
  3. #4 still has female parts and I assume,will self pollinate, will those seeds be feminized or hermies?
  4. While, I know #4 can’t be smoked because the CS spray, the pollinated female(s), should be okay to smoke, albeit not as good as it could be. Is this assumption true?.
  5. Do I make enough of these seeds to share or grow a generation or two, then share?

I have no aspirations of becoming a breeder, just want to grow, partake in and give back the best quality.I can. Updated photos will be along in a couple days.

Herb

5 Likes

I’m not sure the CS I bought on ebay was strong enough, I show some male sacks, but, my expectations were higher.

A group shot:

A buddy dropped of a clone of unknown origin, it grew fast, smells like diesel, I like it so I made several clones and want to cross it with the Block-Berry

A couple shots inside my tent… Bruce Banners

Gorilla Glue, Blue Dream in the far back, the rest are a mix including White Widow, Strawberry Kush, Bruce Banners

7 Likes

Looking good bro. I like your strain selection. Gonna watch this. One Love…

:cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

UPDATE: As I was getting ready to create an isolation 12/12 grow area, I realized I have a window over on the east side of my house that gets 8-9 hours of natural sunlight. I moved #4 there and put a parchment paper covered paper plate under her. He/she seems happy .

Close up of his sacs.

A friendly guest… I put it on him a few days ago

8 Likes

So, I saw a post here and I cannot remember who posted or where, but it inspired me to make an incubation chamber, I thank whoever posted it. I spent less than $50 at Home Depot for materials, already had the 25w LED bulbs and heat mat, and have a $16 low cfm fan en-route. I’m debating on lining the interior with a reflective material. I’m really excited to take it for a test run.

5 Likes

Fckng Brilliant! oleskool’s got another DYI project. Looks good @herb4ever. Did you cut some holes in it for airflow? One love…

1 Like

After I posted this I decided to line it with aluminum foil.

3 Likes

Not yet, I want to get the fan and see the best orientation, but, yes, I will drill holes.

Maybe one could find a white bottom. I think I see a whole on the end. Yes? Ah yes. Fan first makes sense.

1 Like

@oleskool830 - I was shopping with my wife and stopped to look because this bin was on sale. She asked why I was looking and I told her, she said, “Go ahead” . That doesn’t happen often so I grabbed it and ran. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Getting ready to bloom.

6 Likes

Fantastic Picture. Frame it. It would really look good in the Shitkicker Shed!

3 Likes

@oleskool830 - FYI - I decided to mount the fan in the top and drill holes along the base. This will allow it to suck in the coolest air along the floor and draw the rising heat out the top. Also, I won’t have to unplug it when I remove the top, like I do with the heat mat.

6 Likes

I’m so excited!!!

Block-Berry #4 is busting out the pollen. I’m not to sure I’m impressed the strain, slow growing and small buds. However, the buds are fairly dense and smell really fruity and sweet, with a couple weeks to go they may surprise me and expand.Time and smoking will tell.

A week or so ago, as an experiment, I took #3 and rubbed her against #4 and look! I’m creating my 1st feminized seed! Woo Hoo! Today, I took one of the above ball sacs and thoroughly violated her, I’ll let her grow another month.

Thanks to all you OGers for the inspiration! This is, by far, the best group of like minded individuals on the internet! Much love to you all!:heart:

My next project:

AND, I am getting ready to start my next project. Bruce Banner seem to be a great strain for my wife, I really like it, too. I ordered more colloidal silver( I also am going to start to make my own; TDS meter arrives today) to spray a Bruce Banner plant(I have several clones). I want to preserve this particular strain.

My buddy, Ralph, came over with an unknown clone that he got from a friend, of a friend, of a friend…, nobody had room for her, so I adopted her. All Ralph said was “She is special”, so I named her “Ralph’s Special”. She is a gnarly, aggressive grower, with big dense buds, and smells of diesel with a hint of citrus. While I was battling a mite infestation throughout my veg area, she seemed impervious.(probably was the carrier, a Typhoid Mary) I made a few clones and they took right off. Gave one back to Ralph and he says she’s kicking ass and outgrowing his others.

So, my next project will be to make the feminized Bruce Banner pollen and pollinate the Ralph’s Special clones. I’ll call the feminized seeds Ralph Banner. I’ll post the progress in my Herb’s herb thread.

OG ROCKS!

6 Likes

The girls wanted another group shot. #3 has been pollinated.

BB #1 is showing some pink hues and it smells like sweet berries

BB #3 Is popping seeds

5 Likes

I peeked in on #4 and he is exploding with pollen!

6 Likes

Group shot, the buds are small, but dense and with a sweet fruity smell

This is a shot of a Block Berry bud

This a Bruce Banner that I pollinated a branch with the Block Berry and it’s going to seed.

8 Likes

Another group shot

Blockberry 1

Blockberry 3 Popping seeds

8 Likes

I’m going to call this project a success. I don’t know how many seeds I’ll harvest but I did make pollen and used it to create feminized seeds. I’ll admit, I was more concerned with the science than the plants and I probably could have larger buds if I had been more attentive. I say this because this Block-Berry turns out to have sweet berry/citrus smelling, tight dense sticky buds.

Non-seeded buds

Trimmed the ladies for a last group shot.

A review of the smoke and seeds/pollen to share will be in a week or so.

8 Likes