Herb's first Block-Berry grow and seed share project

Hello Fellow Growers,

I am new to this site and even sharing the fact that I grow, so bear with me. Laugh with me and not at me as I fumble through this. The growing process I’ve use has kept me happy for years, but, with your critiquing and knowledge sharing, I expect to kick it up a notch or two.

A couple weeks ago I acquired 5 Block-Berry clones from a “feminized seed plant”. It is supposedly an old, very tasty cross between Blockhead and Blackberry. Today, I transplanted them into Solo cups. In the near future, I want to learn to make feminized seeds to share with all of you.

I use Jiffy seed starter trays, with soil instead of the peat moss to make my “clone bank”. I use Royal Gold’s King’s Mix for my soil, and add perlite for the bank.I use water only, in it, then, after transplanting, I use Botanicare products, and black-strap molasses for nutrients. I find soil brings spider-mites and soil gnats so I store the soil in a plastic bin and put a thin layer of diatomaceous earth on top. Then I control them with Growers Trust Spider-mite Killer.

Attached photos:

1. Gorilla Glue clone bank, started today to show you a covered bank, I remove the cover after 10-14 days.,
  2. Blockberry clones, showing new growth, they are ready
  3. Root cluster during transplant
  4. The Royal Gold soil mix I’ve been using
  5. Botanicare & molasses nutrients
  6. Growers Trust spider-mite control

Any suggestions, recommendations, criticisms or encouragement will be greatly appreciated.and, hopefully, we’ll all have seeds when I’m done… or pollen, if the original feminized seed turns out to be male.

Herb

18 Likes

Let’s gooooo! Good luck my man and welcome. There are a lot of people with a wealth of knowledge to learn from

3 Likes

Cool, interested to see how it goes. Good luck with your grow!

2 Likes

Sounds like you’ve got a good idea of what you’re doing. That puts you a few steps ahead of me. Pulling up a chair to watch, listen and enjoy. OG the world!

4 Likes

Welcome to OG @herb4ever glad to have ya here I’m always up for new and different techniques!

6 Likes

Welcome, thanks for sharing.
:seat: :popcorn: :movie_camera:

2 Likes

Pulling up a chair as well…good luck mate!

1 Like

Got the chair, the pop corn and ready to watch the show. Good luck

Cheers Johnny

2 Likes

I’ve been struggling with overheating in my room, I took a little vacation and my “tender” wasn’t able to save some clones, so I invested in an AC unit. Due to the heat (up to 95 deg. F), these Block-Berry haven’t had ideal conditions.

Two weeks since transplant

Herb

8 Likes

Hey Herb! That shud help out…hope your 4th was a good one!

2 Likes

:thermometer: :desert: :egg:

That’s not too too bad but they’ll appreciate that A/C.

@oleskool830 (has problems with spontaneous combustion :joy: )– what temps will fry your plants, in your experience?..

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Yeah, I’ve eked by for years just with venting but you OG guys, and gals, have me wanting to up my game. If I had been home my clones may have survived. . .
Herb

2 Likes

Thank you, DrkestStar, hope you were able to enjoy the day, too!

2 Likes

It seems to me that over 90 degrees in the tent and my plants slow to a crawl, healthy looking but crisp leaves, lots of “angles” in structure if that makes sense. Over 95 in tent, shut it down and smoke that shit because you’re wasting your time.

:cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

I have my temperature under control and the girls are loving it. In my grow area I replaced the 6 T-8 6500k today (6 month maintenance) also I took BB 6 clones and trimmed some heat damaged fan leaves. From here I expect they’ll kick ass. Can someone help me with the chemicals needed to create feminize seeds? I have Amazon Prime or if you know of a chemical company site that is better, please advise.

7 Likes

I am waiting for some colloidal silver to arrive and will be starting the process soon. As this is my first project I assume I want to sacrifice a strong vibrant plant to pass along those traits. Those with experience, in your opinion, which plant should I spray? Thank you.
Herb

8 Likes

#4, can’t really say why. :slight_smile:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Good luck , following.

3 Likes

Update
My colloidal silver came in today and I sprayed #4, I will spray again later. It’s still vegging and I plan to spray it twice a day for 3 more days. Then I’ll send her to my 12/12 tent. I expect to spray 2x a day until I see nodes forming. Then take him to a separate flower area. .

I’ve never done this, so if you have experience, please let me know if your technique can improve my plan.

Herb

4 Likes

Update
I put #4 in my 12-12 tent two days ago, checked it today and it is morphing already. I’ll continue to spray it for another few days. I also put the other four Block-Berry in the 12-12 tent, today.

7 Likes