Herijuana regs indoor

As it sounds!
My last grow, I took a swing at making my own seeds with Herijuana.
Apparently it worked (not sure why I’m so surprised…)

So this grow is about testing these seeds - and getting some smoke of course!
Due to some changes on this side of the keyboard, the 4x8 came down following my last grow. For now, the seedlings are in a Vivosun 2x4 under a pair of Viparspectra V600s.

So far, 9 of 11 seeds germed, 8 are starting well and have their second set of true leaves coming in.
So far so good!

Question - since these seeds are Herijuana / Herijuana — is that a BX1? - I have NO idea… lol

25 Likes

I will be running herijuana this winter, so ill just lurk back there in the shadows

3 Likes

Depending on what the originals were. This is F1 if you started with f1 then they’re F2 ‘s and so on

Nice hall I haven’t grown herijuana in a while. When I did it was from sannies seeds who’s the original breeder of yours ?

5 Likes

Pulling up a chair brother. Going to be awesome.

3 Likes

Thanks! - It’s somewhere in my last journal - I’ll find it and post. I got the seeds from Buzzer777 at phenohunter - but IIRC they came to him from someone here! lol.

re: f1 or f2. Hopefully that resolves when I find out the above. But, if I still don’t know 100%, I would think that calling them f1 would be safer.
I get corn-fused easily here…
Breeding seeds exclusively from this new stock would be F2s (I think???)
Breeding new seeds with OLD stock would be a BX1?

Hoping to get my room set up soon, followed by my 4x4 in another room for breeding.
I have more strains I’d like to preserve, but also crosses like Herijuana / Malana
Can I name it Herimalanajuana? :laughing:

3 Likes

Great to have ya brother!

3 Likes

Nice to see you were successful in making seeds last round. If they are from the Heri seed run pedrobann did for the community then I have the same generation going as you. I always read heri didn’t have much of a smell or taste but mine had an amazing black pepper smell to it and numbs any pain before it makes me fall asleep. Did you find a pheno like that in your last run?

5 Likes

I have some herijuana crosses that plan on running next run

2 Likes

Hola Gang

Your Heri came originally from Meduser.ca
I F-it 2-3 time since Meduser then send it
to Pedro for a reproduction.

Enjoy

Bare

12 Likes

YES!!! Thank you!!
@Senor_frijoles

It seems so! :grinning:
Went and sniffed a grinder - peppery for sure, but I still can’t ID the “dark pit-fruit” scent - almost a bandaid/latex aroma…
All but one plant got that and yeah - numbing and sleepy. Old school “stone”.
The temple ball from that trim run was phenomenal - seemed to disappear too fast… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I should add too - there does not seem to be a “ceiling effect” - or a point where more doesn’t get me more stoned.
Instead, I can get stoned to the point of sleep - I woke up on the couch with a lighter still in my hand more than once…

7 Likes

That’s what’s going to keep this one under my lights.

3 Likes

Ha ha I shared some with a friend a while ago who works nights so his sleep schedule is messed up on the weekends. He has a ridiculous tolerance but he was ready for bed when he’s normally eating lunch. Its all he talks about since lol

4 Likes

A Back Cross is a little different. Usually the first cross involves a different strain, and often an elite cutting.

So say you had a cutting on Chem 91 that you wanted to do a BX. Say you cross it with your Herijuana. This first cross would be Chem 91 x Herijuana. Then from those seeds you pick a male that looks like it carries Chem 91 structure and smell. When you use ttis male to polinate the original mother cutting again that is BX1.

Chem 91 x (Chem 91 x Herijuana) = Chem 91 BX1

Then you take a male from these seeds, and cross it back to the mother cutting again, and it is BX2,

4 Likes

One of the few strains that I use moderation with. I can puff on my Kush - or almost anything in the dispo - all day long.
With Heri I share a bowl, maybe two, with my Wife. After three the couch-lock sets in firm…

3 Likes

Circular, but makes sense! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Thank you! :grinning:
Edit:
Looking forward to additional breeding - is there any harm in keeping a generational line going - Heri - heri - heri - heri?
Or is that phenohunting since I’ll be selecting traits?

4 Likes

Yeah the idea with Backcrossing is to get closer and closer to the mother cutting you are trying to reproduce or preserve with each additional BX

3 Likes

What ever became of this grow? I would love to see the results!

4 Likes

@herojuana.tom - I had some personal issues come up and wrecked them a few weeks before my projected harvest date - they didn’t get watered for a week. :unamused:

I ended up harvesting a few weeks early - and only about a quarter pound of fried, golden brown buds.

I actually forgot that I had that QP until I set up the 4x8 for a new run (Herijuana & a Black Triangle/Kashmir cross) - my Wife & I tried a couple bowls - stony, and that unusual Herijuana aroma was there, but faint and overpowered by brown sugar leaves and pistils.YUCK :face_vomiting:

HOWEVER - I got some dry ice and ran the buds through a 90u & a 120u bag - got about 20 grams of some pretty good kief. It won’t roll into a temple ball; but the 90u makes a nice bowl topper - the 120u (about 11 grams) is going to be decarbed and mixed into a 1/2 pound of butter.

Here’s the link to the current grow - Herijuana is the taller, lanky half of the tent. I’m about 3 or 4 weeks into flowering - planning an update tonight.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear of your early pull but thank you for providing an update and the link to your current grow. It sounds like the grow wasn’t a total loss since now you have a good sized ball of kief so that is good to hear. Much appreciated @Johnny_utah!

3 Likes