Hermaphrodite triggers

Was given couple of seedlings with no info about them, strain name or if are clones or from seed. Both seemed same phenotype, same size etc as was others i saw from same bunch but thats obvio not conclusive.
They had been in early stages of flowering maybe couple weeks in maybe bit more starting to show for sure. They got put back to veg. so clones could be taken. After clones taken they were then both seedlings put back into 12/12. After another few weeks one had plenty of male flowers so got rid of it. The other is ok looks fully female.
My question, because i dont know if they clones, can one clone react to stress and pop out sacs while the other stays female or does this suggest they were probably from seed?Any input welcome. Thanks

2 Likes

Seedlings are usually much more stretchy in the beginning…

What are you describing can be unstable genetics in combination with stress induced. Can be both clones or seeds.

2 Likes

If the clone hermied because of stress than its possible the second clone didnt go thru that stress. If conditions between the two were identical and they’re responding differently, probably a good chance they’re from seed.

2 Likes

I had some femmed beans. 6 grew nicely. Took 2 clones from each. The mom and the clone that hermie showed at the same time

2 Likes

Thanks for input. Yeah both had same conditions. Am left short on cuttings for next cycle of the one thats female. So ill have to give the one in doubt another chance anyway so will find out for sure once things kick in again.

1 Like