Holland secret nute help

Definitely a good deal i think.

hell ya God is good to me. i cleaned them before install and they powered right up quick. Ill use the other 2 i took out for the other lights when i plug them in. I did research and i’ll have close to 30 watts a square ft good enough for the girls i go with. I’ll donate one of those let over lights just for good karma. My buddy i gave beans to…I’ll give him a 400 too! Free gift cause hes my buddy…be nice a nice surprise. 48 square ft with 1600 watts is 33 per ft. Learning lots and if i can get a gram per watt…thats a kilo and a half. Not bad for under 500 bucks…fingers crossed on the genetics! To my naked eye…HUGE improvement! Maybe next run a couple more new bulbs…maybe haha Im fkn cheap id rather buy a bag.

2 Likes

That’s awesome! I think you will do just fine with that equipment plus the unlimited knowledge on this forum… i bet your buddy is going to appreciate getting that light, nothing wrong with a free light to start out with.

Hes running a LED him and his brother and thanks for the vote of confidence…Im impressed. End of the week transplanted in 5 gallon pots!

Things are growing and the things I’ve learned are this…if you are building on a budget. Get soil before a timer…lesson learned! With seeds lights and everything i got under 200 invested. I had to plant into 2L soda bottles. Hopefully they will do for a month. Got a timer to run through flower now. I would rather have bought soil before a timer thou. Can run 24/7 on light and gave them more foot room. NO CORDS on the floor and everything plugged in correctly. Also the cardboard blocking that large hole fell down so i put a couple finishing nails in it. Secured now! Sunday i will top them and begin getting them bushy. The goal is SCROG. We are at day 32 from the day i put them in soil.

2 Likes

So I gave them a good drink last night with a little H202. they shot up overnight. I think I’ve been underwatering out of fear of fungus gnats. I fkn hate fungus gnats almost as much as spider mites. Nothing will ruin your day like spider mites with a bad case of fungus gnats! The Orange bottle is Orange the ginger ale is NL and the right side Dr. Pepper is Sensi Skunk and lastly is the Afgan #1. Things are going better now with 3 weeks till the next transplant and setting up the trellis. I did top them before this pic…the room still needs some work. They will be done with these pots by the end of the month. Lets hope the NL is a male. They seem to be good well without nutes imagine if i gave them some nutes. They will be root bound and need nutes by the end of the month for sure! Thanks for looking

4 Likes

Well they are growing…slowly but they are growing.I added another 400 and it seems to help also my temps drop by 13 degrees at lights off. they have been in flower for a week now no signs of sex yet. No fertilizer only water so given everything they are alive. Its cool at night down there. I will be transplanting in about 10 days to 5 gallon buckets and re-vegging them with some fertilizer.

the one plant that seems to be standing out is the NL i can smell it already. The afgan #1 seems to grow weird and number 2 would be Sensi skunk. The only one i never topped was the afgan. I have a feeling June for harvest. They are not mature yet…how long before they show sex…i dont remember it taking this long but i had other things like good soil and fertilizer. [20200321_190048|375x500]

(upload://tcUIa7lmfIK1NgVS6ZjPqwhk8v3.jpeg)

6 Likes

I can smell that NL upstairs already…faint but its there! California indica is in orange bottle and NL is ginger ale and 2nd Dr pepper is Skunk

1 Like

Well i dont know about you guys but those look like nuts to me. Plant has bigger nuts than me. Its the California Indica. I was hoping the NL was a male but oh well it could have been worse. So i will end up with California crossed with NL and Sensi skunk and finally a Afgan #1. All Sensi Seeds stock so they cant be that bad. Maybe i can trade for some other genetics around here. Perhaps and if things work out I’ll have some OG 18 and Gods bud soon. Gas i like gas. I put them back in veg tonight and will veg for another month after the transplant into larger pots. I’ll take a clone and kill that male plant…save it for breeding!

That California is suppose to be a hash plant cross with Orange bud so its good stock and crossed with NL should be a good cross. im ok with that.

6 Likes

Love your style and attitude man. You remind so much of myself. I’m just getting started again after a 10yr break. My first few years of growing I was always just making things work as cheap as possible.
Those were my intentions this time as well but got carried away and ended up spending about $1300. Started as a “just 2 plants” but that quickly escalated.

3 Likes

Your room looks great…nice work.

2 Likes

Nice work there! They look really happy and healthy but they are growing pretty damn slow. Seems like your temps and environment are fine…

You might do better with those lights hung horizontally. The tip of the bulb is a ‘dead zone’ that barely puts out light, if it’s hung sideways the filament runs the whole length pointing downwards.

Anyways just a thought, you could probably rig something up using one of the shades you have chopped in half with an L bracket, or some sheet metal.

1 Like

Thanks pal i appreciate that idea…I agree its fkn annoying without reflectors. I do have some sheet metal and i got rid of those stupid shades. I still have LOTS fk. Im waiting for a call back on those HPS with decent reflectors. The price of the whole 400hps with reflectors is cheaper than a reflector. I’ll be transplanting this weekend 5 gallon pots and i got some sheet metal. I agree they need to be sideways. I have just been keeping them alive. Couple of my friends want a cut from the NL…Ive been thinking i want create a S1 out of it…just stress the shit out of it till it produces some pollen. Do it with a clone

You are right slow as fk…In bred depression 'Perhaps" or piss poor grower haha

Thanks for the reply

1 Like

Lol nah it looks like you know what you’re doing, that’s why it seems so weird that they’re growing so slowly. Just keep in mind if you do flip them horizontally that some bulbs aren’t meant to be hung that way…they have codes on them I believe BU or something means it’s a ‘base up’ bulb (ie vertical only).

Anyways now that they’re more established they should be blowing up soon!

When I made mine years ago i dont remember it costing much at all. You use to be able to buy that stuff at lowes. I kept it simple like this! I’m thinking that would greatly increase your yield Screenshot_20200331-200112_Samsung Internet|581x500

I got some of that metal downstairs…just to find time with all this isolation going on haha Thanks pal appreciate it

Got her done…got me thinking when i was doing it. When you give feed back to another man if he grew up with a man in the house he can handle feed back from another man…if there was no man there he acts like a girl and gets all offended like a woman would. Women grow through praise and a man grow through challenge. You challenged me…thanks. its kinda crappy but the LUX went way up the plants are getting better light! So it worked…challenged and the plants grow better! It’ll work for now…

8 Likes

Lol…I was gonna say chop half the reflector off…then scrolled a bit further…

Totally what I would have done…lol…well played.

3 Likes

Thanks Tappy…i got some metal i was holding off i got a plan on some HPS for 40.00 from the UofS I’m in 306. I need a few other things i want to set up a screen and 4 400MH over 48SQ feet…works out to about 30 watts per sq foot

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-gardening-plant-fertilizer-soil/saskatoon/400-watt-hps-green-house-lights/1490603771

2 Likes

Wow!!! What a score!! University is upgrading to LED or CMH?..or why so cheap? …nm…coronavirus…nobody at the university to take care of the plants, I assume. Score for you anyway!!!

2 Likes