Homemade Strains Thread

I did a grow with 18 different pepper plants of multiple hot varietals. Nothing was as good as ghost pepper tastes. Bhut Jokolai is still my favorite for actual flavor.

2 Likes

I was just able to grow again outside forthe 1st time in 4 yrs.
Carolina Reaper I’ve grown ,takes forever.
The Butch T Reapers are really good,potent too.
Billy Biker jalapeños, they have a backend flavor of cheddar cheese. :yum:

2 Likes

I’ve been eating hot peppers for 30 + years.
Use to I would be on the toilet after eating a bunch. Eyes watering ass burning :fire:
And have to reach over and turn water on in tub so I can soak my ass afterwards.
No shit.
My wife would ask me " why do that to yourself ?" :laughing:

5 Likes

That’s a really good question!

2 Likes

Actually you get a rush from eating hot peppers. The pain causes endorphins to flood your brain. Causing a rush.
Plus they are tasty :yum:

2 Likes

And capsaicin is good for your digestive tract and immune system! :+1:

I got nothing real crazy going. Just Ghost and Habanero for my salsas and pickling. :wink:

1 Like

I grew a bunch of superhots… just because. Made some great hot sauce. Too hot for me to eat fresh.

3 Likes

i grew some padron pepper a few years back. i have to say they were oddly similar to shishito. some were spice. 1/10. i don’t think i got a red one though. all green.

1 Like

Just harvested ghost peppers and can send out some seeds if anyone wants some or to trade. :fire: Carolina Reapers are seedless so far.

2 Likes

Padron peppers… “Uns pican e outros non”.
I live near the source. Normally some are hot, and others mildly or none. If you want it to be hot, they have to suffer drys, and low watering.
And if leaved too much in the plant turn red or green/dark red, but the colour is not indicative of spicy/hot.

3 Likes

Unkown strain…

17 Likes

Not so small after all, turning out to be a nice looking plant…very excited about this grow…

19 Likes

I love Herijuanna.

4 Likes

Not sure exactly what, but it’s homemade because it’s a volunteer from my compost pile.

Flowering this early, and the fact that I’ve grown Syrian/Lebanese almost exclusively for a few years means it’s probably something from those genetics.

28 Likes

Looks like it’s gonna be ok and doing very well…

This is what my garden looked like a week ago after a bigtime storms we had…

18 Likes

Holy hell, she’s survived the flood!
Well, I guess most of them have. And I guess the cannabis probably stood a better chance being the tallest, lol.

3 Likes

1 Reproduction and 1 Cross going on here:

:metal: :metal: :metal:

Mephisto Genetics Hubbabubbasmelloscope S1 → S2 UPDATE!!!

Day 42 since hitting water:

Hubbabubbasmelloscope Female Plant 1 (3L air-pot):

• I’m loving what this plant is showing me!

Look at all those preggo hairs even without the golden powder-shower I was expecting from the male(d) plant.

Hubbabubbasmelloscope Female Plant 2 (1L air-pot):

• (I’m very unimpressed. It’s a runt plant and if any seeds are produced they will be kept separate from the ones produced by plant #1.)

Hubbabubbasmelloscope Male (1L air-pot):

Mephisto Genetics Illuminauto #57 Blood Orange Haze S2 (1L air-pot):

• When I saw these drop in Oct 2022 my gut reacted and I decided to spend money. Mephisto ain’t cheap so I’ll probably NEVER run their seeds just for flower because it feels rather wasteful. Means more work for me as a seed-run will inevitably happen before a flower run but I have my reasons… and this plant proves my point strongly!. :exploding_head:

TRICHS ON THE FUCKING LEAVES!!!

Even the very bottom looks good!

I’m going literal with naming this one but it’s ONE WORD:

:v: :rofl:

17 Likes

There needs to be a whole collection of strains with frustratingly long names :joy: Who wouldn’t want to smoke on some antidisestablishmentarianism OG? Perhaps some supercalifragilisticexpialidocious kush? If you bought it at the dispo you’d have to turn the jar 360 degrees just to read the label :rofl:

9 Likes

I’ve preplanned for this!

The name shall be presented on the coin as a spiral so you have to turn the thing to read unless you can brain the spinny words.

:crazy_face:

3 Likes

Hola @Pigeonman

Am in love with the seration
of those leaf.
Let me know if seeds a made

Bare

3 Likes