Hoodini Presents: My First Grow Log

Yup and the clay is the only thing keeping my plants from drying to a crispy between waterings , which has always been once a day. . .it has to be or they die real fast. . . I have to water less more times

2 Likes

Iā€™m on an old Indian village that had a lot of clay they uses for pottery making. . . Got some cool artifacts too

2 Likes

Did ya ever throw down that straw mulch? What ya have lying around that would work?

1 Like

Well with the tire around the plants and the plants keeping in the moisture Iā€™m going to hold off on that for now I want to use the straw as a top later over the winter to help compost everything better

1 Like

Wonder if those black Tires ( heat absorbtion)have any effect? Have you always used them ?

1 Like

No just when Iā€™m throwing together a quick garden hehe but I have used them before and Iā€™ve sprayed them white before too and it seems to be worse for some reason. . .I wouldnā€™t think so either but it does

1 Like

Youā€™ll be amazed how soil structure will change by next spring throwing compost, leaves and such ā€¦ your clay will turn to almost a nice Loam texture might take couple years to build it deep but water will go down deeper and hold as well!

1 Like

I send ya a pic of a cross section on a bed Iā€™v been working on for the last several years! I might have one around will have to look!

That is the plan. . .this is the first season Iā€™ve grown on this piece of land so I just dug 3 foot deep holes and filled it with good soil and topped it with a tire lol

1 Like

Hereā€™s a pic of what used to be heavy clay, hard as a rock when dry! Sticky ass shit when wet greasy id say ā€¦ if Iā€™d to take a shovel to this now wet or dry I could sink it easily 10" deep with no effort, REDS have been working it also for the last three years or so, this pic is a 6-7 inch trowel the clay on the bottom you can see just crumbles. aggregate in nature almost like cottage cheese!

I throw straw and fall leaves on it every year to keep the worms happy and fed!

I could dig a foot deep hole with a soup spoon! Iā€™m very proud on how Iā€™v turned the shit soil a complete 180!

3 Likes

Oh ya thatā€™s some good looking soil. . . I need to start a worm farm for sure

1 Like

Ya I was thinking of taking a good 2-3 inches off the top for my boxes but decided against it and went with overwintered broken down sod pile that seems pretty good as well a bunch of night crawlers took up residence in it broke it down pretty good!

1 Like

You know how to wiggle your worms just right i guess :wink:

1 Like

" Field of Dreams" build it and they will come! Lol has a lot of truth to it!

1 Like

Iā€™ll give you a hundred bucks for every worm you find in a 5 mile radius around me hahahah if I donā€™t order them they WONā€™T come hahaha

1 Like

Do you following DR. Elaine Ingham? Canā€™t remember if we have discussed it in the past?

1 Like

Sheā€™s not the edible plant lady is she?

1 Like

Very nice grow my man they all look so healthy

2 Likes

Thanks for stopping by my brother @F.N all input is greatly appreciated

1 Like

Oh no! you need to look her up ! President of SOILFOODWEB!

Watch some of her YouTube vids she has others with farmer based clientele as well!

1 Like