How did you find Overgrow.com?

I signed up for every growing forum I came across while googling this and that information but didn’t post on any until I landed on OpenGrow a few years back. I lasted a couple grow cycles there but the site itself was clunky to use and very slow so much that it hardly worked at all by the time I left. (It has been improved alot now but still clunky to use)
OverGrow was my first choice from there for two reasons the culture is chilled and informative and the site itself is fast, user intuitive, and well presented not being cluttered with advertising.

19 Likes

Yep, I bet it was. Good call.

3 Likes

Was a young boy. A teen. A friends hippie grandma told a million stories about stuff we would never smoke again. Said thats why she saves seeds from all the good stuff throughout the years. I started saving my seeds.

Smoked some “Catpiss Dro” we overpaid for.
Googled how to grow weed indoors :sweat_smile:
Found OG among others. Round 2005. After it went down i was on ICmag following. Found OG again earlier this year. Cant remember how, but thankful because those other communities are akin to dumpster fires. Sometimes.

8 Likes

Found OG 1 about 2004. Was around til the day it went down. After that I just kind of went through life. Couldnt stand any of the other forums of the time. Checked every year at first, then every couple years, then started a family and forgot about it until a few months ago. Randomly decided to check the URL and holy shit there it is! OG was back, and I’m back on the path I would have been down the whole time had OG never gone down

14 Likes

Digging through the internet last year looking at blue dream grows. Clicking on random links here and there. Ended up reading someone’s auto grow thread on here (which I couldn’t find for the life of me, once I joined). Didn’t even consider that I would be so active a member. I never join anything, never been a group kind of person, even as a small child. Guess you assholes won me over. lol Seriously, I just became so in love with growing and when I first layed my eyes on some of the outdoor growers gardens, something just sparked and I wanted a garden like that. You guys have no idea just how much I’ve learned from this forum. It’s mind blowing. At this point, I just consider most of you my people too, can’t even think about not seeing what you guys are up to on the regular.

Much Love, My OG Fam!

24 Likes

A few months back I was telling a friend who was showing interest in growing about the old days on OG and I was explaining to him how I built a stash box that got featured on the GrowFAQ. He had no idea what I was talking about so I tried to google it in hope that a picture was maybe still around on google pics or something. Low and behold there it was Overgrow was back and so was part of the grow FAQ at least. I am ever so glad it’s here, I don’t think we’ll ever have the info back from the old days but you know what IS back? the spirit of it all. How fuckin kewl is that shit? I was a faithful lurker on the OG Overgrow, I live in Oklahoma and it just always kind of skeeved me out to think about posting pics of my grow in the internet of all places. Here’s a link to the rescued GrowFAQ post…

https://overgrow.com/t/how-do-i-build-my-own-stash-box/303

Here is the box still in action to this very day.

Thank you guys and gals for making this happen all over again!

Ya’ll be good to one another!

fr0g_D

19 Likes

I was a lurker on the original site starting around the early 2000’s when I first started messing with the interwebs, but was to paranoid to join. After all the bs went down, it reassured my paranoia. Fast forward to 2018 and my paranoia slowly declining, I was doing my usual cannabis related research and a article came up from this site. When I seen that it was posted in 2017, I immediately googled overgrow, found the site, and promptly registered. I love this place.

14 Likes

I started lurking around for a few years when I got back into growing. Then I really got reading the micro grow section at icmag. Then I caught wind that a couple of the guys I looked up to ( @ReikoX and @Mr.Sparkle ) had moved over here. I never looked back.
Overgrow is the bomb and it’s all because of the community on here!

18 Likes

The Universe haha…No really…I was looking for information on growing Not-Till…Then seen how great of a community it is, and decided to stay. I have been on other boards…But nothing is like this one. Thanks to the ones responsible for this site. It has been awesome for me to see such a huge database of info, and good peeps always offering their time, and help. You guys rock…

K.

9 Likes

I read around a lot when I decided to grow last year. I spent a lot of time on the autoflower network and made an account at some point. I liked the content, not so much the software. I forgot my password or got auto-banned for using Tor or whatever, I could not login anymore. I tried that send password link like a hundred times, tried to contact the mods via the form on the website, made another account, nothing worked. They did not give a fuck or don’t know how to set that thing up correctly so I gave up.

I was amazed by the works of @Mr.Sparkle there, so when I read that he moved on I googled where he went, started reading OG and eventually signed up, hoping it would be more welcoming and functional than the AFN. And it is! :slight_smile:

14 Likes

I’ve read everyone’s responses here. What an amazing group

My thoughts are since overgrow disappeared for so many years it weeded out all the bullshit. The internet changed and people grew up and this site skipped the disruptive teen years, if you will haha. We matured while the site was down ( some of us :joy:). When it came back we were now grown men and women with families and a dream to peacefully grow this plant and teach others the same love we were shown as newbies on the site.

So glad to be part of this family again. I’ve ditched twitter, Facebook and I couldn’t be happier. :v:

18 Likes

I stumbled across it circa 2000, way before I grew & then years later found MrSparkle’s stuff on ICMag & then here.

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

12 Likes

Yes mate. I pointed you in the direction of your new home :+1:

8 Likes

Helloo my growing friends :yellow_heart::green_heart::heart: i just scroll around after strains, and whan i find this site , i whos hookt emedelety.
Love this 7 Days a week.
Love and light from Sweden

12 Likes

Yeh cool I have deleted stalkbook too, i would much rather scroll here than there. Green is the new blue…

19 Likes

Group hug!!! :slight_smile: lol

14 Likes

I found OG accidentally while looking for a solution to a problem I was having with over fertilizing and bookmarked the site as people seemed a lot more helpful. I was a member of RIU for a good while but got pissed off with the “my dicks bigger than your dick” Members they have. I fucking hate that site now. OG is the only grow forum I visit now. Our members encourage you to do better rather than put you down constantly. I’ve been here around 18 months now and with the advice and help I’ve had I can honestly say my my grows are 100% better than anything any member on that shit hole site can produce.

16 Likes

Jelly showed me. RIU before that

11 Likes

I asked dogpile. They said the awesomest mofos on the interweb are found on OG. Now y’all are stuck with me. Long live OG!

13 Likes

Fortunately for me, I found it healthy and vibrant :smile:

99%

11 Likes