How do I go about vending my seed?

Omfg :joy: I didn’t even think about that. “Soon, my seed will be in the hands of many”

12 Likes

Damn I got a vasectomy so I can’t get in on this racket lol

9 Likes

I’m with @Foreigner I think the best marketing you can get comes from getting testers in the hands of as many as possible and building your rep that way. Sounds like you have some cool stuff though and have put in the time working it so that should help differentiate you from so many of the guys who don’t even bother testing. But, getting some great growers popping your stuff and posting on IG etc is going to really help build your brand.

3 Likes

Im sure theres a lot of people willing to test anyones gear.

6 Likes

LOFL Vernal!

Maybe we could do a seed exchange!

Edit: but yeah, what they said. Test grows, documentation. I always like to see their papers :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

You could still be a tester…. :upside_down_face::dizzy_face:‍:dizzy:

3 Likes

mind telling us what strains you have created and stuff you have going on. just for shits n giggles.

5 Likes

Absolutely and I’ll start posting pics asap I just never took many pictures because I shared a garden with my dad for years who also taught me how to grow this plant and he was really strict about keeping things under wraps. I started my journey by preserving everything he had kept from '83 and up. Preserved in seed form I have a few Afghani landraces, Hindu Kush, black and red Lebanese, a few Thai landraces, Oaxacan gold, hash plant, a skunk variety which he received in 83, black affie, blueberry, early girl, death star and sensi star. I have crossed the death star with everything listed and still sifting through those projects. Currently running some Durban cheese and grapefruit which I will be working on making crosses with later this year. That’s just some of it. I have an 8x8 veg room, two 4x4 breeding rooms and an 8x8 flower room. Started off being the watering boy at 3yo because my parents had their room jam packed and I was the only one that could fit. I had a wicked tan that winter lol

20 Likes

Tbh I would start with Drag Boat Jeff from @Great_lakes_Genetics and maybe Shoe from Headie Gardens they are the two banks I can think of that constantly allow people to give freebies until they establish themselves then they usually migrate to selling seeds soon afterwards. Just my 2 cents

7 Likes

Oxacan gold, sounds like stuff we used to get in the 70s.

1 Like

I think there’s options but you gotta act. Active social media accounts are dominating large parts of the market. But i feel like folks are ready for some humility and honesty. Stay true to your projects and document everything.

Collabs instantly increase your exposure too

5 Likes

Wow, a lot of really cool stuff!! Black affie is one I’ve been looking around for for awhile. Is yours the coffee / spice / cream kind of smelling one? I definitely think there’s interest in a lot of these genetics.

2 Likes

Maybe someone at SeedHeaven can help you. I go there to find value in beans.
I’ve also used Mark as Rogue suggested, a year ago or so.
At a buck a bean, I give them out to brand new gardeners in my area to work, before I give them more expensive strains to run for themselves.
SeedHeaven is where everyone can find amazing low cost genetics’ for very reasonable prices, and they are usually small lot’s, that are sent in. So if you see something there grab it, or it will bounce.
Best of luck in your endeavor.

2 Likes

Curious if the hash plant you speak of is the PNW HP ? If so I’m SERIOUSLY intrigued as I know my mentor has been hunting this and the 79 Xmas bud for at least 3 years now to no avail. Useful did a repro a while back on the Christmas bud we were sent some but they were hijacked at the border several years ago and he has none left himself now sadly. And I have an associate that is trying to do the pnw hp or champagne as it’s also known reproduction.

1 Like

CSI has this in stock from an OP

1 Like

Never grown or bought a single thing from them but I’ll definitely check it out if it’s the real deal. Sad cuz NDN guy wanted this given out for free when he created it. And so many banks selling this and the 88g13hp which he also wanted the same for :man_facepalming:t2:

3 Likes

Yeah, CSI’s gear is absolutely legit. Certainly a bummer to see gear monetized but, I’d rather be able to pay to get a strain I like than have it die / not be available.

6 Likes

I am very interested in getting some of you products

1 Like

A good way to start might be introducing yourself.

5 Likes

Very true @api312 very true. Thank you. @DougDawson you literally made me lol so loud walking the dog everyone was staring! Awesome :clap:t2:

3 Likes