How do you Control your Weight?

I have been eating once a day for 3 months. I replaced sweets with granola bars… what’s your trick?

14 Likes

I do like the one meal a day, but often just daily exercise and good ole calorie counting.

4 Likes

Now i eat well and once a day.

But when I wanted to tone down:

1: first thing in the am run 2-3km
2: Don’t eat until late in the day.
3: Eat ANYTHING YOU WANT: but never more than 1500 calories.

7 Likes

It takes serious dicipline to only eat one time a day… it’s duable just hard to accomplish

5 Likes

I mean no snacking… just one meal!!

Running and a little bit of attention to not over eating in the evenings.
Lost 40#s since Jan 2020

7 Likes

I leave the house an hour or two after waking up and walk around people’s yards all day. Lately I’ve been doing so with some weight strapped to my back all day. Then I eat whatever the hell I want and it balances out. I wish it balanced out before I put on a belly but at least it’s balanced now :laughing:

8 Likes

Only eat when hungry.
Stop eating when full.

5 Likes

I am also on the one meal a day thing. Been that way most of my life, well at least since that 2 year homeless period from 15 to 17. Just became a habit.

7 Likes

@corey
I could give u all kinds of ways.
But then only you know what u look like an what ur try to accomplish/,goals.
But if u look for a min on bodybuilding.com
Its not just for bodybuilding it has every which way u want to skin that cat
I’ve been into fitness all my life spent yrs 2hrs a day 3 to 5 days a week pushing heavy wieght eating 5 small meals aday lemon an pepper was my only seasoning
No butter no salts no nothing lol

5 Likes

FYI Eating just once a day is unhealthy! Not trying to start some shit here, just saying 🤷
It’s better to eat small snacks throughout the day and maybe one large meal with all foods from the pyramid.
I eat one big ass meal early evening, or for breakfast. The rest of the day it’s fresh fruit, vegetables and nuts. I also get a little workout in thirty minutes to an hour 3 days out of the week. I move around a whole lot, busy as a mutha. I’m 53 years young, and still got my MOJO goin strong as my pimp hand. I give God all the glory :triumph: . Although I have a lil pot belly, I am structurally solid and can still give a few rounds to whomever steps up.

17 Likes

Agreed. Portion control. Sometimes I eat 5 times a day but small amounts.

But last night I ate a pound and a half of meatballs so what do I know :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9 Likes

Bodybuilding.com is the shit. Such a good resource for starting out lifting or just fitness in general. I’ve gotten so much from that site :heart_eyes:

Edit: my best advice is have a goal. A serious, defined goal. If you wanna lose weight then how much? And by when? From there, reverse engineer a plan that is both fun and realistic. Then execute your plan but don’t be hard on yourself, have fun and make it enjoyable. This shouldn’t be a horrible thing you have to do but a lifestyle change you’re happy to embrace!

Best of luck to you on your health and wellness journey!

5 Likes

HMMM, I think @Shadey has some info he could share on that.

6 Likes

I lost 26 lbs in the last 3 months :+1:& I swear to you the only thing I did was drink water…

I ate the same, I worked the same, I did everything the same, Except I drank a ridiculous amount of water… I’m talking Ten to Fifteen 500ml bottles a day, for 3 months almost.

I does probably help that my job is physically active & Hot as hell, so loads of sweating. I’d consider my job “Hit Exercise” type physical.

9 Likes

@Loggershands
Yes its a lifestyle
A quick day of meals for me
Immediately upon waking I drink 8 oz if Water to start my metabolism becouse sleeping your catabolic i wake up 25 to grams pure whey
With in 1 hr I have 1/2 cup oat meal with small amount of local honey for allergy and taste
4 whites 1 full egg
2 hrs later protien shake 25 grams
1.5 hrs eat 6 oz chicken or a tuna salad
1/2 potato or 1/2 cup rice
Eating small meals even not bodybuilding u can.lose wieght but u most likely have to burn more then your intake and adjust your eating habits in to lifestyle just like dialing in a grow room you dial in your lifestyle and your energy
Sex drive
Health plus happiness its a plus no matter what

7 Likes

I eat once a day no snacking

4 Likes

I’m at 350 pounds now. 6’7"

4 Likes

Your body will start to store extra fat instead of burning it if you do this for too long. FYI

Eating 3 to 5 small, like the size of an Apple kinda small meals throughout the day with water will keep your body burning fat and the lbs fall off.

4 Likes

So your body is living in constant starvation
Its telling itself to store what ever energy it has an not to burn it because you have program your system to rely on that 1 meal

1 Like