How do you reveg your plants when they are being harvested?

I would leave the roots alone in the pot for now. As said the plant went through enough shock. Once you get more growth the roots can be looked at. The plant will not be needing too much feed, not a lot of plant to suck it up. I reveged a couple of times. Slow going at first and odd growth but it will get back to normal.

1 Like

So being new to the whole re veg thing I have taken info from a number of folk and here is the plan. Chopped plant and left a number of bud sites near the base. Left roots and pot alone. Switched to 18/6 light and added veg nutes. When I start to get new growth I will chop back the root ball and up pot this plant.

I am sure all have valid points and methods from their own experience but in this case I took what I felt seemed logical from info provided and decided on a path. I will keep the thread updated to show the progress or failure. Here is the little one as it sits. The extra handful of bud I took off this thing really stinks, it’s in a paper bag to slow the drying process.

15 Likes

That handful is just what you cut off from yesterday to today? (Or was that the whole harvest?)

You keep referring to this plant as the little one, what makes you want to re-veg this specific one versus one of its larger siblings?

You got this! Easy peasy!

:robot:

1 Like

No, that’s the difference between after chop and how much I removed to re veg. Started as this

Removed more to make it this.

The rest of the plant is hanging in a tent drying. I refer to it as the little one because that’s what it was. The plant topped itself after the first node. Now that could have just been damage from when it came out of it’s shell but it was the best looking and frostiest plant out of all of them. Even as a runt this plant was beautiful to my eye and even the lowers were covered in sticky goodness.

It’s larger sibling was the opposite, tall and lanky right from seedling stage. Now I have 13 more going so no need to try to reveg the old ones, this pheno just seemed special. Who knows, maybe I can even get this pheno to a full size plant with a clone, now that would be amazing.

11 Likes

8 Likes

I’m also re vegging a plant for the 1st time here. I’m curious should I take one of these new shoots and try to clone it to possibly speed up the process?

2 Likes

From my understanding as long as you leave one bud it’ll grow branches out of that so you can clone it into a new one and use the old one as a Christmas tree or to make toothpicks.

5 Likes

I don’t grow indoors, so my experience is different, but what I have to share can be adapted to your indoor grow. I always read about people talking about stress on their plants when transplanting, up potting, even after harvest…I’m a keen observer of everything growing in my yard, and I have a neck for recognizing patterns very fast…I have peaches, nectarines, figs, to name a few growing in my yard…Cannabis I started growing 19 years ago. No plants no longer show signs of stress…The time that you work on your gals is important…This is my regime, I will let the said plant bask in the sun. Then an hour before sunset move it into the shade. Then about 30 - 40 min before sunset I will work on my plants…Doesn’t matter what I do, be it defoliation, harvest, up pot…the next day before sunset there will be signs of growth…My theory from observation…If you work on the plant before she goes to sleep, she gets time to sleep and recoup, waking up refreshed in the morning…I have worked on my plants at various times of the day, and observed their behavior. And they always went into stress, but not with my current regime.
Below are pics to show a small harvest and the plant is still growing 3 days later no stress.

2 Likes

So like the movie it’s 28 days later :slight_smile: Two days ago I took the plant, chopped off the bottom inch of roots that spiraled around bottom of pot and made half a dozed 1/2" deep cuts up the sides of the roots. Up potted and put her back in the veg tent. She is getting low strength veg nutes. No signs of new branches so far but she is still alive so onward she goes.

7 Likes

It’s starting. It’s such a slow process to reveg but sometimes necessary.

1 Like

My little dwarf winter grow :point_up_2:

Taken today reveged and in pre-flower :point_up_2:

2 Likes

10 Likes

I’ve never had one reveg with that little left, but I think she’s doing it. Nice one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fact is there wasn’t much to the plant to begin with but it should work out, got my fingers crossed

3 Likes

She’s still alive which is a good sign.

2 Likes

Hi @DougDawson and all the Green Fingers in this flow

Bud’s not a virgin in this matter … Almost lolGoing Reveg Reveg Reflowering

4 Likes

Ok …

different strokes for different folks >>> :green_heart:

First input … normal > I go with the “don’t touch the roots” way

Second > Wired level > Vegetal Parodoxism > :upside_down_face:

Saps ? >>> Xylen and Phloem … Homework for me and for all > Brainstorm times

And the Moon >> Even in highend indoor ops >

Last year a fail strong to reveg > So i’m pissed up in this matter blablabla

By the Biodinamic book … EVERY CUT (pruning clone reveg ) must be done in the
waning moon … The Sap ( at this time i don’t know the type kkk ) will be concentrated in the roots … so the branches don’t bleed

There whas a book only about Reveg … Can’t find it in the web again

But i remember the Lord doing some Band Aid stuff in the larger cuts to avoid
perspiration

5 Likes

Thanks @Bud_Weiser , I will give it a read. Much appreciated.

2 Likes

got an ancient sunshine that i am in the process of revegging because it was just an outstanding plant. all of the other girls were jealous of her. she was just a frostitute out shining them all. it was a freebe / gift that i was unfamiliar with. kicking myself for not taking cuts, because she is a keeper. so i am trying to reveg so i can keep her. been reading thru some of the reveg threads and there seem to be disagreement on the plants/cuts that come from re vegging not being the same quality as the original plant. not planning to breed with it. if i am successful with the reveg i just want to make cuts and keep the strain going. will the cuts /clones turn out to be the same as the mom?

3 Likes

They will be the same as the plant you took the clones from as they ate in fact the same plant.

1 Like