How do you smoke your plants?

Why did they call them lids? I’ve always wondered that

3 Likes

I think it’s slang for ounce

It was how much would fit in the lid of a tobacco can.

7 Likes

back then there were nickels and lids and ozs and lbs dont know why it was called a lid, kilos were often called bricks

3 Likes

nickel bag = 5$ = quarter oz = 1 finger
dime bag = 10$ = half oz = 2 fingers
lid = 15$ = three quarters oz = 3 fingers
Z = 20$ = one ounce = 4 fingers

Prince Albert tobacco used to come in a tin can that was flat and held 1 1/2 ounces of finely cut and packed tobacco. when Colombian brick weed was broken up and filled the same can it would weigh APPROXIMATELY 3/4 of an ounce…back then nobody had scales. The term lid comes from the act of filling said tobacco can UP TO THE LID !
.tobacco can

5 Likes

Puff Cannabis. Hashish Boyz and Dispo all have stuff at $8 a gram. I need something I go in and get 3-4 grams of different flavors and try them till I find something that works and tastes decent then buy a half or an ounce. Bouts with bugs set me back and I haven’t harvested anything in 2 months now.

Prices are down compared to last year and I see @Instagator’s point about the price of a lb. It isn’t there yet but I expect the price to keep dropping.

@BostonBud I can’t even find a matchbox any more. Remember when a full matchbox was 5 dollars

2 Likes

Was up in Traverse City a few weeks ago and grabbed up two great bags at 100 an ounce of some staples GG4 and Lambs Breath. Both were at 60% RU from half dollars chunks to dime nugs. Also had Strawberry Cough and Banana Kush and a few they were out of.

House Of Dank is the shit, have one in Ypsilanti that has same deals. They sell more branded strains (Black Diamond) as their top shelf but have all kinds of Quality old school Dank on the shelves for a more than fare price. They even have 80.00 Oz sometimes and discount on multiples. Won’t go anywhere else when I need a change…:metal::sunglasses:

4 Likes

on your recommendation Im going to try some in June when im there, btw if he has more then one clone ready for me(monkeypaw) I thought of driving it to you @Instg8ter , either way if i mail it or hand deliver it
you should quarantine it he grows outdoors.

2 Likes

Gotten stuff that had mold in it from a couple places. The House of Dank in Bay City doesn’t turn enough product to be fresh. When they mark it down you have to be careful about a bunch of these guys so I taste test first.

Puff moves more product than anyone until Hashish Boyz opened and so had the best buds. Not sure how it will settle out. Used to be Elite Wellness and then Dispo. Dispo still does a lot of business.

I can meet you halfway for a cut of the Paw, if your flying in I am 5 minutes from Metro Airport in SE Michigan…
:metal::sunglasses:

2 Likes

were driving, either way I want you to get that cut, the wedding is june 29th , will be there ahead of that

1 Like

Well the plant just tells ya when it is ready. And usually the moon phases are the tie-breaker on whether to chop or let it go a little longer. You sometimes see something special in that final extra week your buddy never waits. Like in the story of Sweet Pink Grapefruit’s terps.

But I’ve got a few favorites:

-While the plant is ripening, I enjoy rubbing my joints on trichomes. Especially when it is an autoflower seed run. Gives me an opportunity to experience the plants’ essence as I evaluate and take notes. Helps guide my decisions on what seeds to plant next.

-At harvest I don’t trim much, and keep the dry slow (15-20 days) and cure for 2-3 months before I start smoking it. But I try things at first-smokable stage around day 10ish, and again after dry and in early cure around day 20-25ish.

-I trim before I smoke. Clean Chikas and trim up a few stems for the evening or day, removing all leaves but keeping flowers on stems. Then I use the edge of the blade to dislodge the base of each calyx over the joint paper, like shucking a cob of corn one kernel at a time, and roll joints from mostly unbroken calyxes. The chunky texture moves smoke differently and the joint is more flavorful.

-I roll with Kingsway papers and I love them. If I could afford it, I would purchase all available original Clubs and stockpile them for a lifetime of private use. But I’ve accepted that I’ll have to choose an inferior modern paper and stick with it to match my consumption rate. I rolled with zigzag white for 15 years, trying for a few months each Rizzla black and silver, Zigzag’s blue, green and french 1 1/4", and papers from Elements and Raw circa 2009-2012. Surprisingly good papers from Kingsway I just stumbled onto last year: https://www.kingswayweed.ca/

-I do not use filters. I wrote an article (mostly in jest) explaining why: Reddit - Dive into anything

-I light by using a Bic to toast the joint tip, but never draw butane through the joint center. After the tip is toasted, a few light puffs exhaled cleans it out and evens the ember, until it is ready to smoke. I do not use hemp wick because I haven’t found one that produces less soot than wood matches.

-I like to sit in the garden quietly with the current plants smoking prior crops. A good 20-40 minutes of this every day, usually with a coffee or tea, gets me in a good headspace.

-I use a glass joint holder to help me finish off the jays as they dwindle into roaches. I like smoking as much of each joint as I can, as I don’t like to save and smoke my roaches anymore. Used to save roaches in my twenties, but just too heavy on the lungs and so much great flavor to smoke around, and overall roach joints are a dull simple high a lot like hydrocarbon concentrates. I suspect both have similar highs because of the narrow cannabinoid ranges; one created by heat (roaches) the other created by extraction using solvents.

-I mouth smoke, often while chatting or watching TV

I also pray a lot when I smoke. Throughout the work day, I may roll 10 or 20 joints. Much of the time they may just be burning from my mouth, kept alit by the odd toke. But each one is lit up with a moment of reverence. I look around me, feel where my body meets the air, contemplate the pulse of nature, give thanks and pray for future blessings. In those few moments I’m not smoking, and there is no How.

-z

10 Likes

Well now… Quite the impressive write up… You’ve got my vote for Member of the Month :sunglasses:

Edit: I forgot to say how I smoke! My tolerance is ridiculous… I smoke the whole plant. All at once, with a flamethrower. Soil and all! Gets me right.

6 Likes

hmm i should try that, prolly may a ash out of myself

1 Like

How do I smoke my plants?

Too damn quickly.

4 Likes

You speak my language brother! Thanks for sharing. Great writeup!

2 Likes

I like to chop with just a touch of amber. Probably over or under dry it. Wet trim the leafy ones, dry trim the easy ones. Jar each plant separately with mini hygrometers, with tops off to the side for personal stash. When humidity is ok forget about it for a few weeks then smoke test. Put some on the “keepers” shelf and others on the “wtf” shelf. Give away a few free jars.

Really need to start making some hash or something, too many old jars in storage.

5 Likes

That is some fantastic writing my friend.
I tried to give 5 likes. Thanks for the tips on smoking.

2 Likes

Gonna have to check them out sometime. Haven’t been to any of the tc shops yet.

1 Like