How many seeds can a bud hold

Great advice ty! Well it’s a California Cannon strain from Greenpoint if that means anything. I waited three weeks after it started to flower. Hit er up every day for a week so hopefully I hit the sweet spot. Lol. But yeah the male plant was fast growing pollen sacs everywhere. Grew prolly a third more then the female. So fingers crossed

2 Likes

I used to pull a bud out of a ton of seeds in Mexicali manure :joy:

7 Likes

Oh yeah. You nailed it. That’s the way to make lots of seed! Wait a few weeks for flower production to pick up and then plaster with pollen for a week. Then stop.

5 Likes

Like said before, seeds per bud depends on a lot of factors, but I’ve pulled an estimated 200 viable mature dark brown seeds from a bud that would weigh around 3g unseeded. In my recent Pura Vida F2 run, I pulled many dozens of seeds from each 1" bud, and hundreds from the 3-5" tops.

9 Likes

This is great! Well if it all works out after I do a germ test. I’ll be giving these out. California Cannon f2s. I will post pics of the plant too

2 Likes

:joy::rofl::joy::rofl::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy: I’ve seen 10 gram buds of mexican weed break up to 3 grams of weed

9 Likes

was not so bad in 1974 when I paid 80 US dollars a Kilo

5 Likes

You were luckier then I was…Ki’s of Brick weed went for $250 usd in the 60’s on the east coast of the USA (my area anyway)

Then when it dried and the seeds and lumber were removed…maybe we were left with a quarter to a half pound of smokeable weed. IF WE WERE LUCKY! :rofl:

3 Likes

One seed to rule them all, one seed to find them, one seed to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them

4 Likes

:relieved: suffice it to say, a “shitload”. :joy:

thanks for tolerating us @corey

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

How many rain drops does a rain cloud hold?

3 Likes

Lol, thanks for the thought! At least everybody is having some fun

1 Like

All I can think of is how many licks does it take to get to the center of a …

2 Likes

This is one of the tops on the California Cannon plant I impregnated. If it all works out I plan on giving most of these out here unless they don’t pass the germ test. I bought 90 coin flips of Amazon for 4 dollars. Couldn’t find a better deal on ebay. O yeah and it smells like chemicals and citrus!

9 Likes

From my reading, a single 12-18” branch of buds can get you 300 seeds… easily.

2 Likes

I hope man. I’m praying for success… I really tried on this one. If you zoom in you can see the seed pods cracking open

1 Like

I just actually looked at the pic, GORGEOUS! Let the seeds air dry for a week, then do the test, maybe even wait a week or two for a better test. Some put them in the fridge after they are FULLY dry, simulates a winter so the seeds wake up when they are warmed. But I don’t think that’s necessary at all.

1 Like

Thanks man! Im thinking the plant needs 2 or 3 more weeks to mature a little more

Oh, and if your going to be offering, dibs :laughing:! of course I’m sure you have a list of people to send seeds to first

1 Like

Sure thing @Seamonkey84. If it all works out you will definitely get a pack

1 Like