How not to grow: Nirvana seeds' Green Crack and Amnesia Haze

I’ll be honest I can’t tell you that they were good or bad. I’ve not had original green crack so I haven’t got a real frame of reference.

But. I did a terrible job growing them. It was my second grow and first with my sf3000 in veg. I fried it at like 90-100% from day one temps high as hell and nutes to the max. It was a terrible grow overall. And yet the little pearl like buds I salvaged off of her were a high like I haven’t experienced ever before. I have more GC seeds from them and plan to run it again. My buddy pointed me to Nirvana before I ever started growing. He ran their blue dream and Bruce banner both performed admirably. I think they have good seeds, and (I can’t put any weight behind this) I think they have made an honest attempt at the lineage.

I’m growing a green crack cross in my other thread currently. @JustANobody created GC X BSHW (Big Sur Holy weed) and also GC X mango hash plant. I’m running the BSHW cross and have 2 overachievers in the tent.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info - it’s very helpful, as I was just looking at some Nirvana genetics. Sounds like there might be some decent genetics within - now, time for me to figure out what I’ll pick up. They’re running a sale over on Cannapot Seedbank for the next month - I’m looking at their California Orange Bud, Jock Horror, Super Skunk, and a few of their other strains…I will definitely pick one up (price is right, and sounds like it’s worth further investigation).

1 Like

Used to use Narviana many years ago - they were only a hand full of breeders you could get seeds via mail. about their genetics - they are OK - stopped using them some years ago but they are a solid company. At present forget the original breeder of Green Crack maybe CSI ? have to look it up

2 Likes

@hawkman

Green Crack is a “clone only”, discovered by Cecil B. (?), and he originally named it “Cush”. It was a Skunk #1 pheno (just like the UK Exodus), the strain came out of the Super Sativa Seed Club pack I believe (or Sensi Seeds). …After it going around Southern California, and making it’s way to Snoop Dogg, once he tried it, he said “dam - that’s like smoking some Green Crack”, and so thereafter the new name stuck…

At least that’s the most reputable story, and the one I read most online. I got some Green Crack hybrids; the Dude I got them from said his cut is a descendant from the original Cecil B. cut. Although this dude talks high of his Green Crack, I’ve talked with other peeps that got some of his beans - and they say it’s the HSO Green Crack strain. Regardless, I’ve got a couple Super 91 x Green Crack going. (the Super 91 is Super Skunk x Chem Dawg from Top Dawg genetics, and the Green Crack is probably from HSO. Either way - I’m very interested to see how these turn out.).

I’m doing an “Elite” Skunk run this summer, and will be posting a grow journal here very soon. I’ve been able to gather/collect a bunch of beans from Private Growers I’ve made contact with via. IG, OG, and other Online Sources. A lot of the Private Breeders have already at least done the 1st round of a Pheno Hunt when they selected their parent strains - I’ve got their F1’s and also have an IBL from a Canadian Source. It will be interesting - and although I’ve never bred anything myself, if I find some nice genetics, I’ll definitely try to give it a shot, and make some of my own beans.

4 Likes

Really look forward to your upcoming project and journal!! Best of luck sounds like alot of fun

3 Likes

It’s in my journal. I grabbed a link to where I started this run for you. I’ll be honored if you come on over!

2 Likes

ran that (Green Crack) some yrs ago - OK strain - name kid of sucks - guess - reason for name is that once you smoke it you want MORE. It’s great you are doing a “skunk”"run I’m kind of running skunk strains - 79 Florida Skunk (Kasta) Gorilla Road Kill (Skunk Works) and a Banana x trump 1000 x Chem 91 (MassMedical) there might be some skunk genetics in them but not surly like the run you intend to do/ great you are going to make seeds. Alway nice to get the “back story” about a strain

2 Likes

ready for the show !!!

1 Like

@hawkman

Hey - I’ve also have the**'79 Florida Skunk** - growing as Hybrid F1s:

1. '79 Florida Skunk x Puma, Zacatecas Mexican Landrace Heirloom
  2. '79 Florida Skunk x No.2
    …and just to elaborate: both strains are from Hyp3rids. The '79 Florida Skunk is directly from the Sunshine State genetics (out of Florida).
    The 1st strain: '79 Florida Skunk x Puma, Zacatecas (Mexican IBL). It come from a region known for good cannabis; close to Jalisco, Guerrero, Sinaloa (close to Mexico’s “Golden Triangle” of Cannabis) - the strain exhibits Skunky Aromas, along with a decent flowering time, and soaring, uplifting effects. The pics I see look beautiful.
    The 2nd strain: '79 Florida Skunk x No.2 - the No. 2 is a beautiful colorful strain, with fruity, berries, citrus, sour Aromas: it’s a cross of [(Malawi Gold x Pakistani Chitral Kush) x (Sour Best Shit Ever x Lemon Thai)] x Family Vault Purple (Aficionado Seeds - Spyrock Blueberry x Garberville Purple Kush)]. I’ve seen a few examples of the No. 2 strain, and it’s nothing short of Spectacular. It has more of an Indica structure, but the effects are an uplifting, soaring Sativa.

Both strains are definitely worth exploring (and I will hopefully start my journal here this Holiday week - Happy Fourth of July!)

I also want to note - as I’ve gotten back into growing (I was out of the scene for about 10 years), when I jumped back in (in around 2019ish - I stopped growing right around 2009)- I had to buy some beans to get growing - I picked up all the “Hype Strains” of the day - like GSC (Girl Scout Cookies), Sunset Sherbert, Gelato, Purple Zkittlez, Purp Diesel, Blueberry Cookies. I got my beans from a connect whom worked in the San Francisco Bay Area - these were the one and only, True Genetics (not commercial knock offs you can find on the internet). As I grew these out, and upon Harvest - the plants were absolutely STUNNING - the Looks, Smells, Tastes were absolutely 1st class - and, as I shared my buds, friends were in disbelief (they didn’t believe I grew these strains - they were top shelf). And for the Effects - they were the epitome of the modern strains - POTENT, Physical High/Stone. And, as your mood lifted, and you became “Happy” while smoking these - they didn’t have the Soaring Effects that I was used to from my earlier days. I thought maybe I needed to tweak my growing methods, so the following year, I grew out a few other of the Headline Strains: Runtz, Gushers, Do-Si-Dos, Gorilla Cookies, Lemon Tree - and pretty much same story (good stone, but No Soaring, Heady, Trippy Euphoria).
And that’s when I started my Quest for Old School Genetics - I dove deep into the internet and social media (it was a lot harder than I thought to find old school lines). Almost all breeders have jumped on the bandwagon of the “latest and greatest” strains - I couldn’t find any Old School Genetics easily.
But as I continued to search, go down various Rabbit Holes of information, …I was able to find a few breeders that had at least a glimmer of that Old School Fire.

So that’s where I am today - most of the strains I’ll be growing this season, have come from breeders, people I met, and other sources, etc., where there’s a chance, hope for some serious FIRE. However, I know there will also be some strains that just don’t make the cut - but at least I have genetics that have some old school DNA.

3 Likes

Thanks very much for your information - Kasta along with the 79 Florida skunk - I received 79 florida skunk x 81 Florida Skunk pack of fem seeds also . Man !!! I’m very great full to Kasta. Sure sound like you are starting out again in “full speed” keep us informed !!! Peace

2 Likes

Has anybody grown out the 79 skunk s1s from sunshine state seed co?

2 Likes