How NOT to use a washer in an envelope

Just putting this here, in case anyone missed it

5 Likes

You need to show these dudes how to make the greeting cards, lol. Your envelope to me has changed my methodology…new cards are from Lindy’s Italian Ice boxes and they are nice!

And Lindy’s makes the best ices!!

4 Likes

Washers and flips have gone undefeated here. I like the dollar size flip myself and I will pony up the extra loot for the self adhesive flips. That stapler action is a spill just waiting to happen, lol. I found a bunch of 4x6 envelopes for dirt cheap and now making cards with cardboard packaging that I was throwing out. I do still have some actual cards too. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

You ROCK @Foreigner

Do you still prepare your packages while You are naked ?

3 Likes

“inbred Appalachia” I am loving those Back-Woods communities when I start hearing about “in-bred Appalachia…”

Are these related to the AFFIE #11 f3 that you so graciously sent to me, by any chance?

Hope you have an Amazing day @Budderton

1 Like

Fuckin genius!

Im sorry :joy: this has to be a troll.

once you get comfortable with a system that works, the options are endless

ps, I went with a larger Window on the Flip, to save a bit of weight. big picture…

It makes the Pre-Labelling a little more specific, with less room to write…
Still shaves a gram or so

Yes, those are Q-tip shafts, separating the seeds

9 Likes

It wouldn’t be a genuine foreigner mailing without it!

2 Likes

Its great to see you again @Foreigner
Excuse the morning Abuse !

I just had too

2 Likes

Looks like my kind of package. It would be awesome if packages like that came the same way bills do lol

1 Like

Thanks @willie
I have a 100% “no seed crushed” success rate with this method: the idea is to mimic a large greeting card with a decoration or sound chip glued inside.

1- Get a cereal box or other dry foods box.
2- Cut a piece about 7” x 9”.
3- Fold card in half lengthwise so it’ll fit into a standard white envelope.
4- Tape to inside of card the coin flip with hose washer, seeds, cotton, q-tips or tissue inside. So seeds dont rattlle.
5- Put card w flip into standard envelope.
6- USA use 1 forever stamp $0.68
or International use Global forever stamp $1.50 or so.

5 Likes

Nope, not related to the Affies @MissinBissin . Appalachia is something made by High and Lonesome a few years back. Green Crack clone x Tres Dawg male. Bodhi used a male he selected from that batch on quite a few females. He called that male “Appy” but it’s long since retired.
You have a great day too!
:v::grin:

7 Likes

Thanks for that Background @Budderton
Much appreciated

1 Like

I’m loving the q-tip stick dividers.

2 Likes

It would be hard for my fingers to open the flip without accidentally mixing the seeds. Maybe i’m clumsier than most.
But it’s a good idea!
@MissinBissin photo

1 Like

Definitely have to be ready

A business card over 1/2… etc.

1 Like

Good idea!
Or i might cut a slit in 1/2 of the “window” and tape it closed after the chosen seeds are removed.

1 Like

Usully The back-side has Cotton holding the seeds in place… that may provide the extra Hold while digging them out.

2 Likes

i agree. even opening a normal flip is a pita. i get seeds everywhere. also, why are so many flips not sealed? i opened a few flips that have been sitting in my seed chest the other day…no tape or anything. the washer doesn’t seal it.

1 Like

In a 5 x 7 card :slight_smile:

2 Likes