How to best preserve clone-only plants?

Hello

Is it possible to give some clone-only or good clones to the seed-run coop ?

Why ?

• if I lose them I’m fucked to find them. Spreading them and make seeds seem a good idea. But I have no place and maybe someone have
  • why don’t share what is good and try to do this word better as a community without borders ? all we see in TV is war. If we share all what we have we will have a big collection of clones for cheap. It’s better than war haha

The clone-only strains I have now, ready to ship in like 3 weeks

• girl scout cookies thin mint
  • amnesia core cut
  • Blueberry haze
  • grune hessin
  • nebula haze

I’m selecting like 60 strains so some gold will arrive too. Some of my old collection clones are arriving too !

All the best everybody

10 Likes

Just give clones out to many people.

Making crosses wont help you get the clone back.

6 Likes

Damn, yet another thread to MUTE…hope you stop soon, what is this, your 15th thread in 3 days???
Not one picture of a plant.

9 Likes

True dat… 20 characters

1 Like

Yeah that’s the OG spirit…

1 Like

On one hand it’s nice to see new material being uploaded to the community on the other it seems alot of your threads and or questions would be better suited in already existing threads. Not paying alot of attention but you seem very eager to trade and or send people things. There are several seed and clone trading threads, there is also a what’s in your stable aka what mothers do you keep thread. It’s nice to add new topics but it’s also nice to try and keep things consolidated so that it’s easier for people to find. Good luck with your adventures and keeping those cuts.

9 Likes

Nice stable of cuts there. What the heck is grune hessin?

6 Likes

@Craigson15 You are right, spreading the cuts the most possible seem to be the best solution
Crosses no but if it was possible to make some F2’s, it will be easier to spread the genetic around the world

@beacher grune hessin is a great commercial clone-only from Europe. It’s jackflash (jaggen cut) x warlock
fruity, potent, productive haha

@heritagefarms Please show me a thread where you give your clones or seeds for the seed run coop ? That’s why I created this. The other threads don’t treat the same subject so you can’t expect the same results. People show what they have and say “what do you give me ?” Here the reasons are a lot different. We share for free for the community !!

@jetdro you put 11likes, ask questions and have answers, in the threads you are making fun. before talking about my questions/threads, please read them and see how much you participate in. If you haven’t seen pictures it’s because you didn’t read half ! So please don’t talk if you don’t know and stop fucking threads with shitstorm if you have nothing constructive to put in and participate. Please delete all your messages it’s shitstorm for the others and you just put critics in the table with no proof. And Amnesia Core/Mopple cut, has nothing of amnesia haze, it’s a bag seed of super silver haze

@Grohio the same thing that for Jetdro

@Badfishy1 thank you very much. I give my things for free so Don’t hesitate if you want something

Thank you and all the best

2 Likes

Technically that is not F2, it will be a hybrid with different strain in it.

I don’t know but if you make a cross with another strain, how much characteristics it will have from your original clone? 50%?

Maybe because it is not possible, because you need to have both F1 mother and F1 father plant to create F2…

7 Likes

You are right

Sorry for the wrong words I used.

I was thinking for example about the clone-only strains or some good selected clones. Making S1 seeds or making cubings to keep the originals characteristics of the mother

Thank you for your help

1 Like

Just a friendly advise… You should probably slow down with creating new topics…

There are already multiple trade topics for clone-only plants… No need to start new… We need to keep thing organized and reuse older topics.

Use full text search next time and find best fitting topic…

These trade topics are not that long so that would need to differentiate trade topics for continents or countries…

7 Likes

Thank you very much

Maybe you are right

I started this topic in the seed-coop thread, because I don’t want to trade, but give for free my clones or strains, not only the clone-only, for those who run seed-coop. For me it sounds different and the answers will be different but maybe you are right.

And thank you for the trade topics links you gave us

3 Likes

Look around there are threads dedicated to trading and or gifting clones and seeds as I before mentioned, not trying to be rude just hoping to help steer you in a more positive direction related to your goals. Keeping clone only strains alive is alot of work and having them in the hands of many has always been the best way. The seed run preservation projects are primarily focused on seeds and the preservation of older out of stock and or rare genetics. Not saying that somebody wouldent be interested in clones or helping you keep something going but more attention is focused on the existing clone trading threads so you would prob reach a larger more receptive audience. I always incourge people to breed and stabilize genetics because seeds are much easier to stash and go back for then clones. I have both though so I feel your pain lol.

4 Likes

Couldn’t you fem a cutting of these clone only and get fem seeds? I know next to nothing about breeding, and have no problem admitting that. I have however asked people about preserving a strain or pheno I like because I like to only run 2 back to back cycles of a strain ( I bore easily lol). I was told about the colloidal silver method, but I hear there are others. I was planning on relooking into it as I have some Orange goji going and would love to be able to keep some for a while!

2 Likes

Hello

If you polinate a plant with herself it’s the famous S1. But S1 didn’t mean you have the same qualities of the mother. I’m not sure but maybe the best is cubing the strain (it takes four times more time haha)

Yes colloidal silver method :slight_smile: you can find STS method too wich has the reputation to be easier (with silver thiosulfate)

You understand what I want to do :slight_smile:

All the best

1 Like

An S1 plant will not be Exactly like the mother.

Clone only is clone only

4 Likes

The best way to preserve is by cubing back to the mother/clone you want. Mr Soul proved this can be done over generations way back in the day.

5 Likes

Solid advice … I’d start with the forum cut … Find a male Durban and hit the mom , make selection from that offering and bx . Just for an example …

2 Likes

If I REALLY wanted to preserve a clone only as close to original as possible, what I’d do is:

1. Find a male from a similar genetic pool (probably something already in the cross, or something already in the cross that you are familiar with that would enhance some aspect of the clone). Do some research and choose wisely. Pick something that has been inbred for at least 4 generations, if possible.
  2. Make a hybrid between a male from that choice, and the clone
  3. Inbreed that hybrid for 2 generations, selecting for traits of the original, especially taking care to do good selections in the 2nd gen
  4. Backcross your best male from the 3rd inbred generation
  5. Continue to backcross the progeny as necessary

The reason I would do it this way is that S1’s of polyhybrids are not going to give you what you’re looking for. Outcrossing will open a whole can of worms as well, but if followed by incrossing will give you the opportunity to do selections. If you jump straight to backcrossing, then you only get to do male selections. If you inbreed for 2 generations, you can breed out some of the garbage that comes out when you cross polys that have parents which haven’t been inbred. You can also steer the phenos toward your clone before you start backcrossing.

No doubt it’s a lot of work. Make sure it’s something you really want to keep and grow for the rest of your life, otherwise you’ll probably move onto something else and forget about it.

10 Likes

I found this site a little hard to navigate when I first started and in some ways still do.
I wish you good luck in your endeavours

3 Likes