How to control speed on my AC Infinity T8

I have a AC Infinity T8 connected to a AC Inifnity 8" scrubber in a 5x5. I feel as if the fan on full speed is a bit excessive and I could get by with turning it down, however I have no idea how. I have the AC Infinity Controller but when I play with the little LCD screen I simply cannot find a simple fan speed control. Only a control to set a Temp and Humidity %. I assume those would be set to exactly where I want them in order to achieve the desired VPD? But if I simply wanted to ignore that and adjust the fan speed how do I do so?

Am I correct in saying once I have the recommended VPD for say vegging, Iā€™d connect my devices and then set the temp and humidity to obtain that desired VPD?

Thanks everyone.

2 Likes

If the controller is like mine, you press the far left bottom button until the fan speed (number) is blinking in the far right corner of the LCD screen. Then use your up or Down arrows to change the value. Once itā€™s set, press the far left button once more to get out of the adjustment mode.

4 Likes

Yes on mine you go to the on setting, set your desired speed. If you leave it to that setting thatā€™s where it will stay all the time. If you set your parameters in the auto mode then what ever fan speed you selected in the first On option will be the fan speed that comes on during the controllers auto function

Growit

If you need a hand getting it set up let me know. Iā€™ve been recently tinkering and figuring out the functions on mine

Growit

1 Like

I just use the little 8 speed controller remote that comes with it does the fancy wifi version not have that? Shameless plug for acinfinity; itā€™s like a company finally listened to growers.

5 Likes

I got the Bluetooth one not wifi but Iā€™m pretty sure it did not. I figured Iā€™d automate as much as I can

I just use the app

3 Likes

If I have two different Bluetooth controller units (for each tent) can I pair to both at same time or do I have to do one then another?

Is it easier to use the app then the controller lcd?

1 Like

To compound the ā€˜funā€™ they have several different controllers now
(I have the oldest, a pre 67 model, ā€¦seems appropriateā€¦ :rofl:)

On mine, I can set the ā€˜onā€™ speed. Thatā€™s applied during the normal operating mode.
There are two levels of values you can set for Temperature and RH. The first are the normal points and the second set are the alarm settings. The speed setting you select is good for the normal mode but the alarm mode is ā€˜10ā€™ (max).

Have a look at the AC Infinity site and you should be able to figure out which model you have.

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Yup donā€™t have to press so many buttons

You have to turn it to the on cycle to adjust the fan speed though then you can set it back to auto

3 Likes

Yea I have one of those tooā€¦didnā€™t realize it wasnā€™t the 67 until too late but I do also have a 67.

1 Like

They look the sameā€¦ :smirk: but the 67 also keeps time.

A few years ago I was thinking of hacking the controller to add an Arduino or Strawberry Pi for more functionality but then they announced the 67, 69 and phone apps etc. so why botherā€¦ :grin:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been using a Controller 69 for awhile, and I think the best tip I have found is -

The ā€œautomationā€ function is the meat of the system, and once you get dialed in Iā€™d highly recommend you set automations for every device connected to your controller. I run all of my lights, heat and fans off these controllers, and itā€™s way too easy to hit the wrong button and screw something up. Once you set up an automation, the system effectively locks itself and wonā€™t respond to input until you shut off the automations.

Mine have worked like a charm. I only program through the app, punching buttons on the controller is a quick way to screw something up. Ask me how I know ā€¦

Edit to add - automations donā€™t need to be fancy despite the term they use. I have an automation for my heater that turns it on at 68f, off at 69f. Itā€™s very easy to accomplish this same programming using a simple temp trigger function, but by doing it through the automations programming I can ā€œlockā€ it into place and ensure I donā€™t accidentally turn it off or set my temp to 100f or any other stupid thing Iā€™m likely to do.

4 Likes

LOL, that sounds familiar and made me laughā€¦ :grin:

That is an interesting point you raised (& one I didnā€™t know about) in regards to the automation, thanks for that.

Cheers
G

1 Like