How to LST with fabric pots

They sell one with the cutter (hooks on your belt) though it is only 45 yards.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NC5C38W/ref=emc_b_5_t#

5 Likes

Also, it is a pain, but with LST you need to
be careful not to forget where your ties are. I can’t tell you how many strings, pieces of thick wire, pieces of thin electric wire ive found growing into the stalks. I wouldn’t make a round turn while tying. If you know your knots :wink:

They get enmeshed like an oak tree growing through a fence.

1 Like

Those are what i was going to reccomend. Easy cheap n work great. I couldnt think of what they were. Curtain hooks. Thats it. I used safety pins but they get wet n dirty n be a mess.
Also scrog net will make canopy control n training easier but then its all tied up in the net til chop pretty much ive moved nets midgrow but can be dangerous to buds.

1 Like

my dear wife, has started putting eyelets in the bags that she made for me. she does all kinds of things like this that I would normally just keep sticking wires through until it damaged the bags. pretty neat, right! I’ve been using these same bags for probably 2+ years now.

regards,

mike28086

9 Likes

Brilliant, why the makers of them do not do this???

3 Likes

Am I the only hillbilly that uses coat hangers lol

6 Likes

Another brilliant idea! I may do this when I build my new beds. :thinking:

4 Likes

Probably better than twine because it’s softer ay?

2 Likes

yes, I’ve used other types and wires but they sometimes cut or mark the plant.

namastê :pray:

2 Likes

Velcro strips work a treat with smaller plants at least. The fine velcro is best.

1 Like

Thanks for the tips everyone.

My girl likes to do crafts and she had a bunch of fuzzy pipe cleaners. They seem flexible so I’m going to give it a go.

1 Like

The best pots for this IMO are the fabric training pots (BudPots) by BudTrainer. They also have a hard metal wire on the top for not collapsing. They do exactly what @mike28086 has done. Cool to see how these ideas come back around. www.budtrainer.com

6 Likes

I just use an awl to poke a hole into the top of the pot and slide a plant tie through it.

1 Like

How could u use this Ina fabric pot

That’s just free stress training lol

Hey @Nline419 , we’d love for you to come say hi over in the Introduce Yourself Thread.

You might also find some benefit in this thread, in order to have the best experience possible here.

Safety pins and soft garden tie wire is what I use, large safety pins are best.

Welcome to OG @Nline419.

I use garden velcro with fabric pots. The velcro sticks to the pot and can easily be readjusted.

VELCRO Brand 90648 ONE-WRAP Supports for Effective Growing | Strong Gardening Grips are Reusable and Adjustable | Gentle Plant Ties | Cut-to-Length | 75 ft by 1/2 in roll | Green, x https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005755YSQ/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_7EZNMKA6QQKHRJ5XHD6A?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

2 Likes

These are some good tips I kept breaking branches and couldn’t quite get the squeezing and bend part down. Also bending when soil is dry vs wet.

Hey guys, you should try this