Howard's Hunt for Headstash

Really tell me which ones…2 and 6 ARE LADIES…no doubt!!

Very strange…on Orange Goji’s…???

2 Likes

Didn’t keep any notes, because I knew I was going to do a better job of checking later on. Just remember seeing it at the time and thinking “That’s strange…”

3 Likes

2 and 6 are girls
5 it looks like a female flower on the left side but if you look to the right there’s a bell shaped pod looks to be a male flower.

3 Likes

Ewc?? 20 characters71469

1 Like

EWC = Earth Worm Castings. But it could be anything, a dirty sock, a pinch of soil. Chlorine, at safe drinking levels, is not a disinfectant.

5 Likes

Orange Goji females

Down to the last two plants, which appear to be female (the two on the left). I was hoping for three out of six, but two isn’t bad. Two very different phenotypes as well. Pretty stoked to see what they are :wink:

27 Likes

Thanks ReikoX 20 characters

1 Like

Left plant tighter spacing??? Hard to see the differences her Howard…can you 'splain???

3 Likes

Sorry, been in the process of getting the cabinet ready for a new run…

Tighter spacing, shorter, stockier, branchier, shower growing. Looks like it’s built to put on more weight than the taller one to the right, in my opinion.

4 Likes

Cabinet Run - Durban Poison x Jungle Spice F2

I recently received these seeds from @lefthandseeds to test, and even though they’re probably not the best choice for a 2ft x 2ft x 2ft space, I want to give it a try anyways.

Left Goes South - Durban, Lesotho

Got them soaking in a paper towel in an open Ziploc bag on the seedling heat mat. Once they pop tails I’ll put them into party cups filled with coco and put them under 18/6 light in the cabinet.

23 Likes

Orange Goji Male

Phone’s about dead, I guess this crappy pic will have to do for now.

For vigor, growth shape, branchiness, leaf shape, and vegetative stank, this is my favorite male of the bunch.

Will be grabbing cuts from both females tomorrow. I’ve already been eying the branches searching for the best candidates. :smile:

18 Likes

Awesome I am so looking forward to getting some OG popped. Super looking forward to see what your phenos come out like there. Looking like they are enjoying the new year :slight_smile:

While I wait I think I am going to pop just a few each of Bodhi Space Monkey, Tigers Milk, Cobra Lips, Synergy, Soul Mate and 50states Elfsnacks x Sunshine 4

5 Likes

Oooh, nice. I foresee fire in your future :sunny:

5 Likes

Today is not a good day for me to spend much time with the plants, but I managed to take a couple pictures of what look like manly bits on one of my Orange Goji plants. There are more than half a dozen of these on the plant, but I’m just watching and waiting for the time being.

I’ll have more time tomorrow, and will be able to pull the whole plant or and give it a good look-over.

9 Likes

Unfortunately you are correct

2 Likes

What I can’t figure out yet is why, because nobody else seems to be having that issue, so I’m pretty well convinced it’s an environmental issue or stressor. But I can’t imagine what.

It’s pretty freaking rare for me to have this problem, but I had it on the last set of plants (Marauders), too. :frowning:

Something appears to have changed, now I gotta put on my detective hat, apparently.

3 Likes

Have you got any other plants other than the Marauders growing in the same space?

Soooo many variables lights, heat this time of year very important, too much this too little that.
Light poisoning of some sort remember even a small red/green off of anything in that darkness will trigger them.
I’ve found out light poisoning and cold roots are major.

3 Likes

I seem to see more males in colder weather too.

4 Likes

Got a Glue S1 and another Orange Goji in the tent that don’t appear to be having any issues.

Hmm… Cold roots, you say?

2 Likes

Second pic Howard…on back side, looks like pistil to me…hard to say.

IS 1st and sec pic same plant???

4 Likes