Howard's Hunt for Headstash

Certain things influence M/F ratio’s in bud. Soil temps, lighting, NPK ratio in soil.

Level of nitrogen and potassium of the seedbed: A heightening of the standard level of nitrogen makes for more female cannabis plants originating from the weed seeds. A lowering of the nitrogen level shows more male cannabis plants. A heightening of the level of potassium tends to show more male marijuana plants, while a lowering of the potassium level shows more female marijuana plants. A combination of a higher nitrogen level for the period of a week or two and a lowering of the potassium level is recommended.

Humidity and moistness of the seedbed: a higher humidity makes for an increase in the number of female cannabis plants from weed seed, a lowering for an increase in male cannabis plants. The same is valid for the moistness of the seedbed.

Level of temperatures: lower temperatures make for a larger number of female marijuana plants, higher temperatures for more male marijuana plants.
Colour of light: more blue light makes for female cannabis plants from seed, more red light makes for more male cannabis plants.

Hours of daylight: few hours of daylight (e.g. 14 hours) makes for more female individuals, a long day (e.g. 18 hours) makes for more male cannabis plants.

3 Likes

Yes, same plant. It’s like that on a few branches.

There are mostly pistils on that plant, just a few male bits here and there as well.

4 Likes

I take it it is not a pistil then??? Hard to see tell in the pic.

1 Like

It’s a pistil. I edited my answer above when you weren’t looking :wink:

3 Likes

HMMMM…strange…is that an Orange G?

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s why I’m convinced something’s up with my environment. Nobody else seems to have that, so…

3 Likes

Then she is a lady…would not take her down just yet…be surprised if it is inter-sexed!!!

2 Likes

Not taking anything down, just watching and waiting. If it’s just a temporary stressor, all is good and I want them buds :smile:

4 Likes

I have not seen that in 20 or so OG plants…nor any nanners or balls on either of my 2 runs with her!!!
BUT…the runs were cuts from 2 mother plants I kept…but still not seen what your showing.

In a few days time you will know one way or the other…

5 Likes

Durban x Jungle Spice seeds planted

Didn’t take time to get shots of the seeds, but eight out of ten had little tails, so it was time to plant them. I figure they should start popping up in about two days.

(Ignore the plant I’m trying to reveg, I only left it in the shot because it was too painful to bend down and take it out)

13 Likes

I have grown a few strains that straight up look male like that but end up being female. The Florida og from dna genetics did that and even in flower kept looking like nanners but then they would burst with hairs. I have a Florida gold feminized seed doing the same thing looking like a male but growing like a female. Had a lot of strains also refuse to show untill put into flower.

5 Likes

I wonder are these usually late bloomers? I seem to be observing the same but not enough sightings to call it yet. Definite males show early for the most part. Usually not a male if it is a late bloomer?

2 Likes

Apparently, they are ready to go! Planted these as deep as I usually do, but I already have some breaking the surface and shedding the seed shell on their own.

14 Likes

Orange Goji Females - Misc photos

And, a friend. Sprouted a new Glue S1 since I retired my mother after the last round, and although this one looks like it might be interesting, it’s not looking like the others. That’s S1’s for ya, lol.

Hopefully it will still be good, but I suspect it’s going to turn out that it’s just not what I’m looking for. Only thing to do is wait and see :smile:

22 Likes

O G females, sweet!!! Howards run is ON!!! good luck Howard!!!

4 Likes

Can’t seem to get a good in-focus shot of this one, which is too bad because I love seedling photos :smile:

14 Likes

It’s so furry! :joy_cat:

Is that one Durban x JS? Cuuuuzzz the split cotelydon is no stranger to the JS line.

4 Likes

It is, yes. It’s an interesting trait. And yeah, a couple of them are pretty fuzzy :smile:

3 Likes

Oh boy, I’m excited. That Durban from CBG is so good. Super airy but resinous sativa buds, but bulked up by the JS should make a really nice, frosty and potent sativa high. I’m so curious to find out what it’s going to smell like. I can honestly say, I have no idea… but I’m going to guess it’s something fairly piney and spicy, and toned down on the lemon/lime.

4 Likes

That sounds really good to me. I can’t imagine being disappointed with whatever it turns out to taste and smell like, as I’m sure it will at least be interesting, but I surely wouldn’t mind if it leans a little to the Durban side. I’ve been craving that taste since my kid brought over a joint a few months ago.

And I love a good sativa high, so I’m really looking forward to seeing how it turns out in that department.

My biggest concern is about taming them in a small space. No way that’s not going to be a challenge, lol :wink:

5 Likes