Howard's run of Marauder by Baked Beanz

That is correct. To be more specific: per gallon I use 3.6g Jack’s Hydro 5-12-26, 2.4g Calcium Nitrate, and 1.2g Epsom, each of which has been made into a concentrated stock solution (see attachment) to make mixing easier on my gimpy ass.

Jacks Hydro (Updated) - Mixing, Dosing, and Stock Solution.pdf (71.1 KB)

When it’s time to mix up more for the rez, I just use a syringe to measure equal parts of the stock solutions. Each syringe is marked with tape for a “fill line” at 40ml, for a three gallon batch, so I just go down the line and “measure, squirt, stir”.

The plants are in 2-gallon fabric pots filled with Canna coco with a thick layer of crushed pumice on top to slow evaporation and let the roots fill the pots all the way to the top. They are in a flood and drain setup that is currently set for three fifteen minute flood cycles during lights on.

Here’s a pic from last week… The roots are way crazier now, but it’s currently lights off.

I’ve got six Marauder plants and a revegged GG4 S1 in that 2’ x 4’ tent, and I’m really counting on some males showing soon to free up more room. Normally I end up with three or four plants, which will fill the tent nicely.

20 Likes

When’s the WA OG member potluck? Maybe a little chilly for a BBQ…

I’m down Seattle way, if you ever swing through.

5 Likes

I’m glad I found this thread! I’m interested in seeing your grow for sure. I hope to run mine soon. I love Sam’s work from the little I’ve played with. I’ll have to go back and read the rest of the details. had to get my notification set though! best vibes on them. peace

7 Likes

Thanks @Howard.Crane. The looks of those plants and, now that mixing pdf is all I needed to make up my mind. I’ll be ordering my kit off ebay today. Is the calcium hydrochloride what I would use if I can’t get calcium nitrate? Thanks Howard. You’ve been a big help, even if you didnt know it lol!

3 Likes

I appreciate the kind words, and love to help.

I think you really want Calcium Nitrate, as both parts of that compound are important. I believe @anon32470837 ordered a kit of all three things on Etsy, if I remember right. I’ll try to dig up the link shortly.

If you can get the larger 6lb kit, that would be better, or you’ll have to adjust how much you mix up (like a quart rather than a gallon, etc). That’s enough to mix up more than a couple hundred gallons (not gonna calculate it on my phone right now, but at least 250 gallons).

5 Likes

Quick update: it’s difficult for me to get in there and take a really good look right now, but it’s looking like I ended up with four males and two females. I’d have preferred to get three females, but I think I’m in pretty good shape space wise.

Between the two Marauders and the Glue, once I give them a bit of space and spread the branches a bit, they’re going to fill up all of the remaining space anyways :wink:

I’m going to wait until tomorrow before removing the males, though. Partly just to be sure, and partly because I’m not doing anything physical today if I can help it.

9 Likes

I previously had taken two cuttings from each plant. I just went to get rid of one from each male (keeping the best one from each), and now have evidence that they have all rooted. I tore off a bunch of the roots of these males getting them out of the coco, but you can still clearly see they’ve rooted.

These clones were cut from the plant, placed directly into a cup of fresh uncharged coco, with no rooting compound, watered in with full strength nutrients, and placed under an 18 watt florescent light on a heat pad with no humidity dome in 43% ambient humidity.

None of the cuttings have exhibited any drooping or any other problems, and seem to have 100% success in under a week.

So the Marauder is an easy cloner, too :smile:

33 Likes

Yeah, the 4 lb kit I ordered had the following:

Jacks 321 Hydro = 928 gms
CalNit = 618 gms
Mag = 345 gms

Thats enough to make over 250 gallons total if you’re following Howards ratios. Im sure the 6 lb kit has the same relative amounts times 1.5, so it should do 375 gallons total.

6 Likes

OH! Yeah, no… I was very tired when I read that question this morning…

The Calcium Hypochlorite (Pool Shock) is an optional addition, not a substitute for Calcium Nitrate. It’s essentially hyper concentrated dry bleach, and only useful when you want to run a “sterile” rez, and is mixed at a much lower concentration. A pound of it will sterilize a full sized swimming pool. So little gets used in my system that it’s basically a lifetime supply for me, lol.

12 Likes

:notes: It’s a jungle in there, disorder and confusion everywhere :notes:

Can’t count the number of times I’ve read that “LEDs just don’t have the penetration”, lol. :smile:

31 Likes

Those are some of the prettiest, happiest looking plants Ive seen. Awesome!

5 Likes

Thanks! :smile:

Surely helps a lot that they seem to have a lot of hybrid vigor. Some really good genetics in these beans.

15 Likes

I’ll have to check out etsy. The guy on ebay is selling 4lb and 7lb kits. I wish I could just order the big 25lb bag off amazon but, it still says restricted item for home delivery in my area. I’ll check etsy out now that I finally got a minute to chill. Thanks again Howard and, hope your feeling well.

4 Likes

Oh, right! I forgot you mentioned that before. Best of luck, if you have any questions please feel free to ask :smile:

3 Likes

Yup I heard that a few times too. You can put way more photons and usually gain an extra foot height in your space. It really is a win win. Plus no nasty barring on photos. (Can get rid of them with sunglasses but plants look shit. No detail) what am I saying? Not sure. High af and forgot :+1: :peace_symbol:

Can’t wait to build a bridgelux EB gen2 light and see how they do. Money wise they look good

13 Likes

Miscellaneous root shots taken while removing the males:

30 Likes

Anyone know who ships jacks into Canada ?

3 Likes

I don’t know, personally. Hopefully someone who does will chime in! I wonder if the manufacturer will?

2 Likes

And then there were two… Plus one.

“Two plus two equals five, for sufficiently large values of two”

29 Likes

https://www.jacksnutrients.com/online-store

Oh SNAP, our Canadian shipping option is broken. If you are looking to place an order to ship to Canada, shoot us an email at info@jacksnutrients.com or give us a call today and we will take care of it for you!

8 Likes