Humboldt CSI Plant Guide

A real male? How contamination?

( do it)

2 Likes

I recall someone else running into a male with those freebies. Maybe something happened with the chem91s1 pollination with some contamination.

4 Likes

cheese x chem 4 week 5
Starting to chunk up
Skunky putrid smell starting, resin really shining thru now

18 Likes

From scouring the forums and discord, I think I’ve counted up ~20 separate males from ~12 chem91 s1 packs :eyes:

Tho he was referencing Irene x chem 91 (S1?) :thinking:
Can’t say I’ve seen anything from those.

6 Likes

Yeah I forget who had it happen with that cross, I just remember it specifically because I’ve got a freebie pack of the irene x chem91s1 so I always keep an eye out for reports on it. There were a couple freebie packs with that chem91s1… irene, trainwreck, GSC, chemD are the ones I got from csi.

4 Likes

After reading more into this phenomenon myself after messing with that Bubba Kush S1 male seed line, these “male” plants that come from feminized seeds, barring any pollen contamination, are extreme examples of hermaphroditism. They are females that display fully male, or you can obviously find them of a more mixed sex.

Make seeds with it! Subrob made seeds with a 91 S1 “male” back in the day at icmag and iirc a lot of dank was found there. Same goes for that Bubba Kush S1 male line I’ve been playing with.

16 Likes

Had a g-1000 earlier this year that had a full branch growing male first time I experienced that

4 Likes

i recall someone from the forums having that problem with the gg4 cut itself back in it’s hype days. like half the plant would go intersex and the other would be okay for them.

6 Likes

That must be :fire: :fire: :fire:

I was just about to pull the trigger on that one on attitude seedbank, but they sold out b4 I managed to take action. Damn!

Please post more pics of this one

1 Like

I’ve personally had 2 different packs of CSI Humboldt have a male in it.
Each time I’ve notified him and he was like that’s weird maybe an extreme herm.
The Black D I didn’t photograph, but the White x Chem D I did.

I’m not complaining, but it seems to happen.

10 Likes

I’m about to make an order. Has anyone tried the lemon party x zkittles? I’m hoping to find some real lemon candy terps.

3 Likes

Chem 4 x cheese week 7
Smells putrid rotten ,starting to chunk up

19 Likes

If it’s cool, I’ll keep peeking back in here to talk about the La Kush x Mendocino Purples.
For now — I’m smoking that premature pheno I took down due to mold starting [left bud], as I start slowly trimming other phenos as they dry.

Pitched a decent chunk of the left aka the XIII, if you’re keeping score on that list I posted. The wife swears it smells like fruity pebbles. I concur that it definitely smells fruity & quite terpy… but i’m weary of over-selling what it smells like.
High is mellow as hell but not very potent — I’m assuming/hoping it’s because it was pulled early. Only clones will tell lol (several are in flower)

The [right] bud was actually of my “favorite” pheno but boy oh boy did my opinion change after drying :sweat_smile:
I loved it because it was really reminiscent of orange/chemical orange (Yeah I like those terps).
But it is full-blown chemical now. I don’t get any orange. The wife said it was more potent than the first sample, but similar in being “mellow”.

Idk I have high hopes.

As I work my way through it all, I’ll start getting it in the hands of some locals and share some of their lustrous opinions lol

12 Likes

Latest haul from the 420 sale

16 Likes

Nice haul dude. That Zkittlez x Pure OG I hope is in my package coming Monday.

6 Likes

I hope somebody here runs that Uncle Grandpa. :purple_circle:

2 Likes

I hope to keep growing this gem :gem:
This is the clone run of my favorite pheno of
HP13 x Durban.
She’s as lemon as Lemon Haze and terpinolene as Trainwreck.

I have my doubts that it is even a Durban cross and not Trainwreck, but that’s what the pack said.

I may pull them in the next week.

22 Likes

Nice, the Durban cut CSI uses is an extreme terpenolene plant.

4 Likes

FYI - after listening to him on a podcast (csi) sounds like he is into making S-1’s - which is very good - so far excellent genetics bu CSI is my experience

2 Likes

Pakistani Citral Kush #37 x Purple Urkle 8 1/2 weeks, darker one is more perfumey sweet and lighter one is kinda artificial grapey sweet

Chemdog #1 x GG4
8 1/2 weeks, mothballs and sharp scent one is a little citrusy

All chopped and drying

34 Likes