Humboldt CSI Plant Guide

Nice plants dude! Good job. Im glad I have a freebie 3 pack of the PCK x Urkle

3 Likes

How beautiful they are, they seem very happy, these Pakistanis are really VERY beautiful, now this chemdog how dense are the buds?

1 Like

The CD1xgg4 could probably go another week or two and fatten up, unfortunately I’m on a tight schedule at the moment. They’re certainly milky trichomes with maybe 5-10% amber.

4 Likes

I understand, sometimes we don’t give the necessary time, for various reasons, I needed to move, and I had to bring forward the start of a flora to give time to deliver the house, the plants didn’t like that I did that, so I noticed one flora with lower yield compared to the other…

1 Like

use anything special concerning nutrients/ additives ?

1 Like

Organic dry amendments like azomite,gypsum,granite meal, argonite, biochar, kelp meal,superfrass, worm castings in coast of maine stonington mixed with their pink potting soil and some added aeration. A bit of gaia bloom as well.

3 Likes

use all of them except superfrass, granit meal and worm castings

1 Like

Lemme sum up my experience with LA Kush x Mendocino Purple:

From seed, all had a few nanners in early flower & were labeled accordingly; only one was so bad that I had to remove it. Even as I trim theres very few seeds, but I’ve found dried nanners on everything. Mass majority are brown with mottled coating; almost none are immature, so that’s a plus

From clone however, I have a few that are throwing nanners early and for no reason, but majority are fine. Just wanna say that because a lot of us grow str8 from seed while even Caleb himself recommends that you pitch those plants for clones. YMMV

Moving on. So out of all the strains associated with Notsos name, his Mendo P & ”headband” are my two most desired. His Maui comes in third….and his chem D is a close fourth, for those of whom that care. Long story short — there was no way for me to not fan-out over these seeds.

So to keep the genetics going, I decided to do an Open pollination-esque seed increase. Problem is, several of the F1 mothers dont wanna reverse :roll_eyes: No worries though. I have nothing but time, I’m on my srcond batch of sts, and if worst comes the worst I’ll be trying Hybs mix next.

The goals include: finding that La kush potency minus the kush tendency to throw nanners. Explore the Mendo P terps. And find some beautiful double-recessive purples… etc

Because of this bad timing however, I’m able to grow a full sinsemilla crop (or two) from clones — in which case, I can decide which phenotypes I even wanna keep going & why. I’ll probably talk more/post pics as time goes on. Right now… I’m still trimming. Back to it :v:t4:

18 Likes

Howdy everyone! Happy Monday to one and all. I have an Indiana Bubblegum flowering right now at exactly 7 weeks post flip. A question I have is that she is starting to foxtail on me and I wanted to know if this is a common occurrence. What can ya’ll tell me?

2 Likes

Day 59 for Chemdog #1 x GG4: I think the GG4 genetics brought this one down to a 10 week finishing time vs 12. (amber trichs up close, most of the leaves are yellow). Harvesting around day 65. Happy I didn’t cut this one down. Don’t let a random pollen sack or 3 scare you!

24 Likes

Also, I’m growing Notso Headband X Triangle Kush (Left) & Chem D x Girl Scout Cookies (Right). Wish me luck!

26 Likes

Looking great! Look forward to updates especially the chem d cross. Best of luck and happy grows

2 Likes

Structure on your notsoHB x TK looks similar to the HB x lemon tree I grew. Strong big central stem on mine and nice strength branches. Should be nice crossed with TK, the LT cross is excellent bud (bit unstable).

4 Likes

Freshly dried NL5000

43 Likes

Durban Poison x Girl Scout Cookies from CSI at flip +71 days. Looking at the trichromes she will most likely go till a full 12 weeks in flower.

21 Likes

Blessings…Recently discovered CSI Humboldt & having been eyeing their gear HARD however, all this Herm talk turns me off…Is that the trade off when growing CSI Gear ( great POTENTIAL for high quality but, expect some nanners)…Been away for a while and get the impression that Herms are just part of the game now…20 years ago Gear that commonly produced Balls were written off and BlackBalled, so to speak

5 Likes

Also I see He has Nothern Lights #5 & would love to have the original ( or as close as it gets) in my stable…
I haven’t seen it in this thread Unless it’s the NL 5000 referenced a few posts ago…
ANY 1 have experience with CSI Humboldt’s NL#5 smoke or Grow…Definitely going to try some of his Bubba’s & Bubba X’s

2 Likes

It’s more just that some of the cuts he works with can produce herms. Kinda just have to know which ones do and don’t tho.

His nl5 is based off the alleged original NL lines Seattle Greg made available. Caleb did his own selection of it. So did Matt riot of riotseeds, and Todd McCormick of authentic genetics. Since it’s ‘original’ it’s not the same NL that was sold by The Seed Bank or Sensi Seeds back in the day which are likely the NL you’d remember unless you lived in the PNW. Most of that is gone but some work still floats around. Melvanetics, Defseeds, joeyweed… I hear the stuff from Greg is still good, still old school nostalgia type, it’s just not the same as that NL from the late 80s/90s.

11 Likes

Salute HolyAngel…U answered my Question , Gave a brief History Lesson (That I was unaware of) & Informed me of where I could find the Answers I seek :facepunch:…Thank U & stay Blessed…I’m loving this Forum…

4 Likes

Salute @HolyAngel …May I ask, does Caleb =CSI ?..
Thanks again for the info​:muscle::muscle::muscle:…For Me this is Fresh & New …Started digging my Rabbit hole already…LoL…Gonna take in the Video with Seattle Greg & Shout Out to Man-Bot for sharing as well

1 Like