Humboldt CSI Plant Guide

Ah yes! sorry! Caleb = NSpecta = Owner/Breeder of CSI Humboldt :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Just heard bob Hemphill on episode 57 of the potcast talking about how picky the chems are, particularly D and 91 and how so many different things can cause them to herm.
Realized I think I had a light leak for like 2 nights and I think that caused the balls or weird growth on my 5150 TK x chem 91, plucked some of those lowers at like day 24 and 4 days later no signs of anything else yet

7 Likes

Trying to push the HBxMendo Ps longer on my second run…

I’ll cherrypicked manicured shots for IG later :sweat_smile:
Yall get the ugly for science pics

My new favorite (aka #13, if you remember my last list) is the earliest, imo the prettiest, modest terps & potency — finishes in 8wks. I had a couple clones of it this run, ran the first one to 59days and the other to 62 because it just looked beyond ready. I dont have a way to take macros unfortunately. Hows she look?

The rest again look ready and it’s technically day 64 today. I gave em one last watering and I’m just gonna chop when they dry out — so majority can go 10wks… so if you find phenos that go longer, maybe I’m still just cumming too quick :upside_down_face:
Got more purple this time — I introduced Vivosuns new oscilating clip-on fans; I love these things dude! Ask me about em! I typically use AC Inifinity products (including their fans) and they suuuuucked.

I still have a smaller third sinse crop in flower, the plant of each pheno revegging, and a tray of multiple clones of each — so I’ll run it back again.

Here’s randoms of the rest

Plus, my new list

18 Likes

How did the sterling turn out!

Chemdog D x Girl Scout Cookies Day 46:

Fasciated Branch

18 Likes

4 Likes

Whoa! That looks great.I can’t get any more than 5 fingers on my leaves when growing the LHB x TK. How did you grow her and how many days in flower did you take her to harvest?

1 Like

That plant was grown with Michigan Made Mix, Grow Dots, Recharge, and Humboldt Secret: Flower Stacker after week 3. 6 week veg. 65 day flowering time in a 3 Gallon fabric. Sometimes I think I got lucky with that grow

Grow Dots are very mediocre and caused deficiencies with the other Humboldt CSI strains. Recharge is a fine product, however. I use that with Mammoth P now in late flower.

I’ve switched to Gaia Green (All Purpose & Power Bloom) Cowoco Worm Castings, Gypsum, and Build a Soil Insect Frass with Pro Mix HP/ Michigan Made Mix soil since then with better luck. Organic is the way to go

1 Like

15 days into flower on these
Sherbet x Wedding Cakes

These ladies suffered a bit of neglected in veg and had a pH imbalance, which is fixed now as we go onto flower. They’re still powering through and I can’t wait to start seeing the bud structure.

:v:

10 Likes

What’s up with all the csi plants turning herm? Every thread I read half growers get herm plants, and why is it okay when his plants herm lol. Yall know what I’m talking about too.

If I was showing another seed co people would be saying trash genetics etc etc. I’ve always trashed plants that show intersex issues. I mean one or 2 bananas is one thing but full blown is another. Just an observation

2 Likes

When everything is an s1 or unworked fem cross, gonna see some herms :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Okay was just wondering bc it’s constant with his stuff. And no I’m not a csi hater, I’ve grown his seeds before namely a runtz kush and tk. Both hermed lol, suprise suprise. I can’t rember if the runtz is crossed with bubba or obama.

1 Like

Yep. When most of the cut’s are elite bagseed’s, that’s what you get. All the chem’s, most OG’s/PK’s, any cookies cut, etc. Just the nature of the crosses really. Some are better than other’s but I see herms in most people’s gear honestly, including a couple of my own lol. CSI, Bodhi, StrayFox, Karma, AKBB, TopDawg, LuckyDog, etc… It’s why I soak whole packs at once. Let me just see everything and make some decisions rather than risk a couple here and a couple there. Sucks when you only have a couple beans to look through though.

12 Likes

A lot of newer growers or even people who have been growing a little bit love his gear because it’s mostly fems and he hooks it up with freebies, so they grab a bunch of packs. They then pick super finicky cuts he S1’s or reverses onto other finicky cuts. Then, they run them in their fluctuating environments, overfeed them, underfeed them, stress them a million ways, have constant pH swings, and on and on. Don’t pick cuts/plants known to have intersex issues if that’s a common problem for you in your grows.

14 Likes

I grow lots of CSI and fems in general. I get maybe 1 in 1000 that throw nanners. I also am not super anal about light leaks in my dark cycle and stuff. Having talked with a lot of other growers about the issue, the clear standout theory we all seem to run into is organic vs synth inputs. In fact, Im doing some testing right now for a buddy, and he’s having herms out the wazoo. But Ive got 0 lol. Ive had the opposite too. Ill run something that does great. Then growers running organic will have the same results. Then another friend will run it in synth coco or whatever, and it herms to hell on them. Seems like high ppm is for sure a factor. But my guess is it’s partially how theyre bred. CSI runs all organic soil. Then taking those old somewhat fragile genetics and blasting 900 ppm at em sure seems to piss em off. Just my observation!

15 Likes

It looks amazing, here’s a dried nugs from both. I’m not complaining just something I’ve noticed. Luckily there was no pollen anywhere or I’d be pissed. I actually like the runtz kush way better. It’s very musky incense smelling, quite nice. Tk smoke is strong but just reminds me of a standard og. And who doesn’t love lavender colored buds.

7 Likes

I’ve grown a bunch and haven’t seen any yet. Even in the chem and tk stuff.

2 Likes

Ya I’m not sure if mine were grower related or not. Nothing else hermed so I’m inclined to belive it’s genetic. Eitherway no big deal just something I’ve noticed with his lines.

Just sucks when you’re puffing a jay and an immature seed pops and ruins the whole joint :laughing:.

definitely. I think a lot of lineages that people like CSI, bodhi and stray work with are landrace derived, most of the time the things they are working with been bred outdoors and grown outdoors, and you can definitely expect them to be annoyed indoors. I’m a big believer in outdoor especially for strains that’s are not far off from their grandparents and what not

4 Likes

It’s why bodhi will say outdoor on some packs. Not to stray if from csi.

4 Likes