Humboult seed co. Chemdawg/chemdog....does anyone know if it's real or knock off

Hey ogers… I was wondering., I have a 3pk reg of hso chem. And the one seed I grew out was female. I wanna hit a clone of her with this cowboy kush male (hells o.g×stardawg) pollen. But couldn’t find what’s the make up of his chem. Does someone know if it’s chem, and if so…which one. Thanks

2 Likes

If it’s a reg seed then it’s not real as the chem cuts are just that, clones. It may be a real chem mom pollinated by a male and then backcrossed or something but still, not the exact same as any of the various Chem cuts. Chem D, Chem 1-4, Chem 91, Chem sis etc.

I really hate when breeders do that, it’s dishonest and praying on those who are ignorant about genetics.

4 Likes

That was my next question…how do you get regs… from a clone only strain…crazy. and this girl is super viney. Guess I’ll just see how she smokes.

2 Likes

You get regs by crossing it once with a male of a different strain (outcross). Then usually the breeder will backcross the regs from that hybrid a few times to the original clone.

Doesn’t always work out that the end result is the same as the original, but that’s the process. Specifically if the original strain wasn’t stable to begin with (and clones usually aren’t), you might still see some traits of the outcross.

9 Likes

Yeah you don’t lol that’s the easiest way to tell. Closest thing you can get to a clone only in a seed form is a s1(1st generation self pollinated cut).

I’m sure she’ll smoke just fine. It’s just not exactly the strain it was advertised as.

2 Likes

Sooo…why put it on the market, and not explain what you are really getting…that kinda makes me wanna trash these chems…or whatever they are, along with the sour blueberry I have from them. I’ll keep the fem purple trainwreck…as it smokes pretty good. And is a looker…but yeah…hso just lost me.

1 Like

Cash grabbers. It’s a …seedy industry. :wink:

5 Likes

@Jamescoldflame

All I can find is the male was a “Humboldt OG.” Whether that’s referring to the OGKush they sell idk. Couldnt find anything else.

1 Like

Yeah, all in finding is that humboldt o.g. Is a afghani from the 70s cultivated on Cali, then brought to the dam in the 90s.:man_shrugging:t6:

is it humboldt seed organization, or humboldt seed company?
Humboldt seed organization is based in spain, and almost certainly does not have access to the original cuts of the seeds they are selling. I have also heard they outsource their seed production to commercial grows or other companies.

humboldt seed company is based in california, but they specialize in flavor of the week type strains with gimmicky names like blueberry crunch muffin.

1 Like

:smiling_imp::smiling_imp::persevere::slightly_frowning_face:…its These guys.lol

1 Like

it is as they said, it is at best a bx using S1’s and/reversed females which is fine. HSO has put out some fire like thier choc mint og. idk how consistent they are, but ik some ppl who know and they have a fire cut of that choc mint og. i have grown something by then two or three years ago i was satisfied. it was a freebie. so those there are not from skunkva or jb as they are cuts only. that said lucky dog is doing some family invbreeding on the clones so look into lucky dog

1 Like

Lucky dog Seed, Top Dog Seed, Dominion Seed(Duke Diamond Vault) all have legit Chem. Bodhi has some great crosses also.

4 Likes

the older bodhi crosses were with the jb cut for clarity sake. which is not a knock.

1 Like