Hurricane Milton

Sun trying to pop out.
Also, why do the hurricanes come when it’s dark. To add insult to injury ?

6 Likes

Good luck to everyone down there. I got lucky when I lived in Bradenton/Sarasota and never had to deal with any hurricanes like this. Seems like the state has just been getting pounded lately.

4 Likes

Here is the latest track for the storm in my area.
The blue circle is the town where I live and the red line below is highlighting the projected path that is shown with the line.

11 Likes

Lived in an orange grove in Lake Wales for almost two years when I moved back. Winter Haven is nice. Have always loved Derry Down. Hope everybody stays safe.

3 Likes

Had a friend from Indian Rocks Beach just get screwed over big time. They decided to evacuate yesterday and are/were staying at the Marriott in Ponte Vedra and they’re now evacuating the Marriott all the way up there. Talk about being pissed. Haha.

3 Likes

Awe man, that really sucks. Waiting on the 11pm report to see the latest.

4 Likes

Praying for everyones safety

3 Likes

I’m still worried about the heat wave making it there from here. 100 degree hurricane sounds worse…

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

The hours watching and waiting the track, listening to the updates from NHC , imagining what conditions Milton will deliver are soul grinding. We are in the Panhandle and bro and sis in law drove up here yesterday from St. Pete.

Hurricanes always seem to arrive in the dark just to add some stress.

Then there is the cleanup.

I met my wife on Indian Rocks Beach and we moved to Fort Myers on our wedding day… We are worried for our fellow Floridians on both coasts…

8 Likes

spoiler alert: it’s a cat 5, the water is hot as balls, and it’s headed right at you.

they had to add new colors to the radar for the last one. this one is much worse.

any of you guys still lurking where you shouldn’t gotta go.

3 Likes

I spent a lot of my childhood in Ft Meyers; mostly Lehigh Acres… before the meth. When storms came folks evacuated to where we were; and that last time experiencing that for me was Andrew in '92.

Watching the live-feed of 2022’s Ian take out the pier on Estero island was insane and tragic.

I hope everyone’s packed up and in as safe as space as y’all can be this looks fucked up.

10 Likes

It is starting to get crazy.

7 Likes

Landfall will be around 2am. Oh boy !

4 Likes

I am in the Lakeland area, as of 9 AM today, the worst winds here will be around 6AM Thursday morning. Projected 60-70 MPH.
Oh boy for sure!

6 Likes

take care my friends!! :pray:t3::pray:t3:

6 Likes

I hope this all passes soon and everyone stays well. :pray:

:metal:t3:

8 Likes
3 Likes

I was born in Miami and our family moved to Homestead after my Grampa died. He had planted 10 acres of mangoes and avocados. H. Betsy came through and knocked over over 100 of them when I was a teenager.
I was up in the panhandle when Andrew destroyed Homestead and Naranja Lakes. My wife and I moved to Fort Myers on our wedding day 1981. My great aunt and uncle lived in Lehigh Acres and we reconnected after many years. They had a nice place near the country club and their son, my cousin, was a Doc there.
I worked my way into Thomas Edison’s Winter Home and spent one Thanksgiving weekend cleaning up the trash and limbs and branches from a tropical storm.

MILTON is the baddest H-word ever. I hope the aftermath is quickly repaired. Living on a generator gets old quickly.
Nice talking about some memories with you, @Pigeonman

8 Likes

It is going to be a long night and a slow sunrise.

3 Likes

Didn’t even give them any surf either. Silver lining is it appears to be coming in south of the bay, so better than coming in to the north. Says I’m likely to lose power, but we’ll see. Best of luck to everyone!!

7 Likes