Hurricane Milton

I have caught a few gar, but thus far no Alligator gar, but there are likely some here in this lake.

1 Like

That’s how I fish the Everglades, and the gators never bothered me, except when the little ones hit my surface lures, getting the hook out is tricky.

But I am really keen on trying a kayak…risk/reward…I have to decide

4 Likes

Worst I’ve had to unhook were big old snapping turtles lol. I’m very happy there’s no alligators here to worry about while fishing. Just snakes and snappers.

1 Like

Now those bastards frighten me, I have run into big Alligator snapping turtles, and I always high tail it.

7 Likes

This is the dock before

Day after Milton, the dock was beyond those bunched up lilly pads, you can see the boards floating in the very full lake

Today

9 Likes

Get one of those fishing paddle board deals. Everyone I know back home that runs charters or commercial for work has switched over to those for when they’re just going out to have some fun. Some of them have little motors on them too. They all love them and tell me how they’re actually safer regarding sharks and gators. They mostly use them in the Gulf though.

2 Likes

Well maybe not quite as big as that giant since they’re mostly common snappers lol. Here’s one of the ones I accidentally caught that I had a picture of.

8 Likes

Those even scare me more than gators…hahaha!!

5 Likes
6 Likes

Thank you Nova Scotia power people for coming down to lend a hand. Also, thank you to the other linemen that are here helping us out.
Thanks to all involved in helping the people of Florida.
Florida appreciates it !!

10 Likes

They got kahunas those snapping turtles. I have several that come out sometimes, in particular the alligator snapping turtles. I once caught one, and coming from behind it, it kept trying to turn around to confront me lol. The alligator ones are really cool looking; like mini dinos.

4 Likes

Give me saltwater over freshwater all day in FL. Haha

6 Likes